Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Just noticed that there is a member on DS called 'Discombobulate'!
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member

The next member then must be 'Moral Compass' surely, to make it complete. :D
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pleasure to wake up to the well modulated tones of Rupert Bhartia reading the 6am news.

Morning all. :)
    Definitely the best newsreader.
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Yes, and a PITY that by 0630 we'd got Aziz shrieking at US with her nails-DOWN-a-BLACKBOARD scratchy voice.

Her inappropriate EMPHASIS of unimportant words was off the scale this MORNING too.

Rubbish.

Lisa Aziz is awful, she drives me mad with 'the' always 'theee' and 'a' always 'ayyy'. She even says 'ayyy' instead of 'an'.

Don't even get me started on her at the weekend who can't pronounce 'L' correctly. >:(
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Lisa Aziz is awful, she drives me mad with 'the' always 'theee' and 'a' always 'ayyy'. She even says 'ayyy' instead of 'an'.

Don't even get me started on her at the weekend who can't pronounce 'L' correctly. >:(

What is it with women who read out the news? They make for uncomfortable listening. They put emphasis on every word they say as though making it all into a stark, staring major event that's never ever happened before! Poor souls, shouldn't they chill a little, and not sound so desperate in appealing to an audience? (I've cut-off all ties with women's lib, btw.) :kitty:
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    What is it with women who read out the news? They make for uncomfortable listening. They put emphasis on every word they say as though making it all into a stark, staring major event that's never ever happened before! Poor souls, shouldn't they chill a little, and not sound so desperate in appealing to an audience? (I've cut-off all ties with women's lib, btw.) :kitty:

I think Lisa has been told at a "radio presentation workshop" (paid for by herself in an attempt to keep her skills up to date...everyone else there was under 19) to put light and shade into her delivery.
    Sadly she hasn't understood what this really means, and just shrieks and randomly emphasises words.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Dr Dawn from Embarassing Bodies is doing the medical hour. Very nice!
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely the best newsreader.

nothing can top the 'on FM err' man for me :( how they have not remade that jingle before now is a mystery'errr to me .:cry:
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    James's self-indulgence is quite horrifying at times for listeners who have heard those endless vibes from him so very many times before - I guess he'll never get over his childlike blues. Please don't suggest he should write a book, it could turn into weighty tomes....:o

Time to install Ian Collins in place of Brian and his ever decreasing range of topics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Genius, I bet they monitor the Brian show as well...
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve's already wittering on about the new iPhone; now there's an Apple Watch. Around £250. Steve will buy two and not use either because he can't (or can't be bothered to) figure out how it works!
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »

Instead of the pictures, please reinstate the stats !
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcolm p wrote: »
    Lisa Aziz... MAKES EVERY NEWS ITEM SOUND LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF EMERGENCY. A bit like a DALEK

I really do not have a problem with the newsreaders (male or female). It is when they start to stumble over words that really annoys me, as it means they haven't read through their script properly.

Have a listen sometime to Rebecca Foster from Feature Story News which is used on Solid Gold Gem AM (internet only). She normally reads the evening news. Now there is a newsreader !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Is anyone listening to Barkes at the moment? Particularly vitriolic and downright nasty to a caller who couldn't quite articulate their argument. The subject under discussion is not the issue with him- he is so arrogant and really, really angry with callers who don't agree with him. Not the right type of radio host for late night listening, IMO. Nick Abbot should do weekday nights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady_Jane1 wrote: »
    Is anyone listening to Barkes at the moment? Particularly vitriolic and downright nasty to a caller who couldn't quite articulate their argument. The subject under discussion is not the issue with him- he is so arrogant and really, really angry with callers who don't agree with him. Not the right type of radio host for late night listening, IMO. Nick Abbot should do weekday nights.

Duncan would no doubt describe his style as 'robust'.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His head is going to explode one day if he's not careful. A very angry man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member

I try not to switch on until he has finished as he is so unpleasant to callers sometimes. He is possibly more used to interviewing or discussing issues with people who should have the facts and figures at their fingertips. I think he forgets his current job is to deal with us 'ordinary folk' who have our own thoughts and opinions but maybe can't give chapter and verse. I find it particularly irritating when he makes comments like 'lazy argument' or 'we set the bar higher' I sometimes wonder who he really thinks he is? He talks about being 'robust', he is just plain rude and pompous in my opinion.

I only listen at night times so he may not be the worst on LBC for this but he is certainly the worst I've heard. Nick Abbot can be a bit sarcastic and poke fun at callers but it's usually done in a friendly fun way without any bitterness and I never feel he is genuinely angry with callers where Duncan certainly seems to be..
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Abbot is so contemptuous of callers. What a shame a man of such towering intellect is reduced to working the graveyard shift on a minor radio station.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick F. tweeting that there's going to be a big announcement about his show this morning. Probably another politician doing a phone-in. Perhaps the Labour party have managed to push somebody forward. The trouble with using members of the Opposition, of any party, is that they can't be challenged on current policy because they aren't responsible for it. They can only tell us where the Government is going wrong and how much better they would do it, which makes Phone Farage or Ring Reeves nothing more than a party political broadcast.

Morning all. :)

(this is about an LBC show, not politics!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh bloody hell! It's Phone Farage. I wonder how they managed to coax him in for a weekly show. He's about as hard to get as a parking ticket in Piccadilly! (where's the 'rolling eyes' when you need it?)
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    'Phone Farage on Friday - should be fun!
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phone Farage coming to.Nick show.
This discussion has been closed.