Forum Member
    Think the fa might have there video panel look at that stamp
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES! Love it.

Funny how when we win = bad refereeing.

When we lose = good refereeing.

Shame we switch off so much though when we *think* we're in control. Saw it out. Happy.

Still nervous playing Di Maria however.
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,005
    Forum Member
    YES.
    Skrtel you thug.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Retro 3 match ban for Skrtl
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,527
    Forum Member
    Just like the old days!

United controlling long stretches, great goals, tense last 15 minutes, passion, it had the lot! Nastyness from Liverpool too unfortunately but all in all, reminded me of European games of years gone by.

Cost me 16 quid did that, signed up to SS1 on BT for a month, worth every penny though!
  • Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A big '**** you' to all those pundits and journalists (practically all of them) who predicted a Liverpool win. Excellent last appearance for Gerrard against United.

Huge credit to LvG over these last two games. If we can maintain this level until the end of the season, we should finish top four.
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    Skrtel should be banned. Disgusting.

Vital win. Not too keen on how we played after the 2nd goal. Di Maria didn't do anything useful until his ball to Blind won the penalty.

Can really believe the push for 4th is on, and possibly 3rd.
  • irishmikeeirishmikee Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeepers that was an arse clencher and a half. Totally unnecessary, we were in total control, but lost concentration and focus. Di Maria is not living up to his billing. Some of his passing is among the worst I've ever seen.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    YES.
    Skrtel you thug.

He should of being sent of like Gerrard how i laughed when he got sent off, all set up for him to be the hero and he is sent off after 25 seconds you couldn't make it up. Brilliant performance, was a bit worried when Sturridge scored but we held on and we are now favourites to get a top 4 spot though there is still work to do, the only disappointing thing is that Wayne missed that penalty at the end but it didn't matter. Buzzing as i expected us to lose not win, hopefully LVG'S philosophy is coming together and with a few new signings in the summer we can really kick on next season. GGMU.
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three great goals, we happened to score two of them. Although we were always on top slightly disappointed by the way we failed to take advantage of the extra man.

Nearly all players played well and it's obvious Mata was MOTM but must single out Fellani for being quietly outstanding and Carrick for having a quiet shocker. Maybe he can no longer do two games in a row?
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I see a code is again more the if that was chelsea storyline again. United marching on and looking good again.

Last week spurs were rubbish thats why we won
    Today liverpool and the ref giving united the game.
  • Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing first half. Tricky second. Such drama. Fantastic result though, I feel absolutely elated with that. All things considered easily the best game for us this season.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how Gerrard warranted a sending off, but Skrtel didn't.

He's just an aggressive thug who can't control his temper.

I'm hoping De Gea isn't injured, because that would be a massive loss for us.
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    Serious question - When is the last time we did the double for Liverpool? 2007?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Think the fa might have there video panel look at that stamp

I sincerely hope so.
    Forum Member
    I don't know how Gerrard warranted a sending off, but Skrtel didn't.

He's just an aggressive thug who can't control his temper.

I'm hoping De Gea isn't injured, because that would be a massive loss for us.

Any player who stamps should face a 3 game ban, de gea looked winded more than holding his leg coming off the pitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Brilliant first half performance by the lads especially by Mata, the best performance in years at Anfield lets hope we can keep it up in the second half, but the game is far from over and surely Liverpool will improve in the second half especially if Gerrard comes on. I still think we need a second goal because if Liverpool equalise they can still win it. Come on United.

Loving Juan Mata at the moment.

If he can't command a starting place for us when we're picking our best 11, there's no hope for him.

He's been magnificent recently.
  • MenoetiusMenoetius Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerrard interview - I've come here to apologise - I take full responsibility.

That's not an apology. Admitting responsibility isn't an apology.

You didn't say sorry.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So my birthday is now a fantastic day!

Take that all the people who thought that we would get beat!
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't have asked for a better present!
    Forum Member
    If we beat villa then the man city game could be for 2nd place depending on arsenal dropping points.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Serious question - When is the last time we did the double for Liverpool? 2007?

No it is not that long ago it was in 2012/13 in Fergie's last season, we won 2-1 at Anfield with goals from Rafael and a Van Persie penalty and we won at Old Trafford 2-1 with another goal from Van Persie and a goal from Vidic after Evra headed it against him.
  • Michael_VaughanMichael_Vaughan Posts: 12,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LFC fan in peace.

Well done on a deserved three points.

Appalling discipline from Gerrard and a few more.Clear red card and I'm glad Herrera escaped a nasty injury.

See you next season.
    Forum Member
    LFC fan in peace.

Well done on a deserved three points.

Appalling discipline from Gerrard and a few more.Clear red card and I'm glad Herrera escaped a nasty injury.

See you next season.

Very big of you:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menoetius wrote: »
    Gerrard interview - I've come here to apologise - I take full responsibility.

That's not an apology. Admitting responsibility isn't an apology.

You didn't say sorry.

I say leave him.

He's going off to the MLS; so good riddance to him.

He's been a magnificent player during the PL era, but even he couldn't excuse what he did today.
This discussion has been closed.