Options

Bible Basher Strikes Again

anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
oh here we go again towards alex about marriage.

Comments

• Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I felt so sorry for his poor wife. How badly she must want to do away with him!!

Even Alex didn't buy that convo. And WHY does somebody have to die in all of the bible basher's conversations? No wonder psychiatric wards and Broadmoor is full of bible quoting psychos.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Stephen is 'extremely' annonying! He doesnt just know when to stop. Alex is playing a 'Mr Nice guy' attitude ! He needs to cut Stephen to size.. awwrrrghhhhh :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course he dont know when to stop he is a bible basher, designed to get more people to sign up to his religion. it doesn't work any other way.

cant understand why alex keeps asking him for more of it, when he seams unconvienced by it, unless he does it DELIBERATELY to make stephen look a fool long enough for people to get rid of him. time will tell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is he offering bedtime prayers to everyone yet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I find Stephen's bible antics to be pretty entertaining, and I feel like they're just going to get more and more intense as the show goes on. This is the only reason that I hope Stephen sticks around for quite a while, because I think everything up till now has been his tame stuff, and his really passionate stuff is going to make for a very, very entertaining show. He's the kind of person I would never want to be around myself, but love to watch other people have to deal with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Stephen and his bible rambligs are great, would hate to be in the house with him though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol it does sound like fun doesn't it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could never believe I'd ever say this but he's a brilliant housemate. Perhaps we all love to secretly watch those people who stand for everything that we don't?
  • Options
    RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have put someone like Richard Dawkins in, then it would be truly entertaining rather than just creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whos richard dawkins?
  • Options
    millymilly Posts: 5,871
    Forum Member
    I felt so sorry for his poor wife. How badly she must want to do away with him!!

Even Alex didn't buy that convo. And WHY does somebody have to die in all of the bible basher's conversations? No wonder psychiatric wards and Broadmoor is full of bible quoting psychos.

She's been with him for over 20yrs,she must be used to his wacky ways lol.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The terrible thing about Stephen is less that he's a Bible basher, but more as to why. He's basically a broken person who completely messed up his life through lack of self-control. He really believes all that stuff he spouts because to him it's the only way he's capable of holding his life together. Unfortunately he doesn't understand (yet) that not everybody needs religion to do the same.

I feel that the producers are in a way exploiting him for our entertainment. Sadly he's so badly in debt these days he needs the cash.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    anonyy wrote: »
    oh here we go again towards alex about marriage.

So what's your problem with it? If Alex has a problem with it, then he should say so.

How do we know that Alex and Stephen aren't hamming it up for airtime? Isn't that usually what celebs do on BB?
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Stephen is showing signs of schizophrenia.

A few days ago he admitted hearing the 'voice of God'. That's what a lot of sociopaths say.

Example: JUDGE
    ''Why did you kill him?''
    DEFENDENT
    God told me to.

Hearing voices points to schizophrenia, especially mistaking a split personality for God.

Unless he's just lying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol god told me to, how come he is in debt he been married 20 plus years?
  • Options
    scottishmagscottishmag Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes having a laff, he is an actor and knows what will gain him air time
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i tuned out halfway thorugh toinights sermon wot was he on about marrying katie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    acid rain wrote: »

A few days ago he admitted hearing the 'voice of God'. That's what a lot of sociopaths say.

DEFENDENT
    God told me to.

Hearing voices points to schizophrenia, especially mistaking a split personality for God.

Unless he's just lying.

So we have a mental health expert here? And not only a mental expert with considerable skill.....but one whom can diagnose it through the telly? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

DEFENDENT
    God told me to.

Unless he's just lying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia I suffered from hypnogogic symptoms a few years ago and would hear a loud voice in my room when I woke up, it was quite scary until I found out what it was. It's sort of linked to the feeling of falling you get when you are half-asleep but you can also hear noises or hallucinate.
    Or he could just be schizophrenic, who knows!?

Edit - just to point out that schizophrenia isn't connected to being a sociopath or having a split personality, they are all seperate things. Religion can help to cover up schizophrenic symptoms though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JTW wrote: »
    So we have a mental health expert here? And not only a mental expert with considerable skill.....but one whomcan diagnose it through the telly? ;)

That should be "who". Never mind the mental health experts: we could do with some grammarians around here.
  • Options
    sahmrawsahmraw Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know I'm a practicing christian; but I have got to the point of cringeing at Stephen and Alex. i think that the show is making a mockery of my religion so that people will laugh at our beliefs. They would not do this to a Muslim. Christians are fair game. But Steven IS preaching too much and I wish the others would tell him to drop it sometimes. I hate people who just preach for the sake of it. it dilutes the message and alienates people. Religion is a personal thing and prosletysing is a dreadful thing. Am I going to Hell now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moholo wrote: »
    That should be "who". Never mind the mental health experts: we could do with some grammarians around here.

It was never my strong point. But that said, do you have another point to make, or are you just a bored teacher looking to make corrections? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    So we have a mental health expert here? And not only a mental expert with considerable skill.....but one whom can diagnose it through the telly? ;)

LOL, I was just harking back to the days where there used to be tons of threads discussing housemates potential medical conditions... Do you remember those threads?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia I suffered from hypnogogic symptoms a few years ago and would hear a loud voice in my room when I woke up, it was quite scary until I found out what it was. It's sort of linked to the feeling of falling you get when you are half-asleep but you can also hear noises or hallucinate.
    Or he could just be schizophrenic, who knows!?

Edit - just to point out that schizophrenia isn't connected to being a sociopath or having a split personality, they are all seperate things. Religion can help to cover up schizophrenic symptoms though.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offence. Admittedly I did generalise a bit and ended up lumping three conditions together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offence. Admittedly I did generalise a bit and ended up lumping three conditions together.

I hope I didn't sound snarky in my post either, I didn't mean to:o