How do you deal with people who have no sense of humour?

2»

Comments

• Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really deal with them. I can't hang around with people who have zero sense of humour.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    They probably think I have no sense of humour at work because my sense of humour is a bit more sophisticated than; "such and such is a ******** bwahahahaha, banter, ********, banter mwahahaha".... You get the idea.

The real question of this thread should be, how do you deal with people who don't share your sense of humour, and in the case of inane and insulting 'banter', I would say the way to deal with it is to use reasonable force :)
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    I direct them here.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    treme wrote: »
    I direct them here.

And then talk to them?
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep a straight face in their presents.:)
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's almost impossible to find a Brit without some sense of humour, as a character trait it's practically a religion to us and something we're judged upon by our fellow countrymen. Of course, not everyone's humour is the same.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If someone doesnt laugh at your jokes, maybe its because the jokes arent funny?
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humour and a "sense of it" are very subjective concepts. I always remember a line in When Harry Met Sally which was along the lines of "everyone thinks they have good taste and a sense of humour" but unfortunately our menus may vary.

I find people who are very crude and in your face and "I'm mad me" types intolerable but some people will find them hilarious and dub me humourless for not agreeing.

I like dry, subtle humour and like wordplay as well. The in your face types don't get that and assume I have no sense of humour because I'm not rolling about the floor guffawing at them wearing deely boppers and a Christmas jumper with a flashing Rudolph nose.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember the thread about the 'i'm mad me types and you are boring?'
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people with a so called great sense of humour ( usually given the title by themselves ) can be down right irritating.

They are just as bad as the completely humourless.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Just keep a straight face in their presents.:)

Why would you want to give them presents??
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair these people are in contact with a whole range of humours, non a which seem to suit. They genuinely seem to lack a funny bone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Pissflaps :D
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no sense of humour? make them mods :)
  • JunipertJunipert Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd humour them:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have one, And I'm boring. Its just that I cant express my it, I do find things funny.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has some kind of sense of humour..
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaboard wrote: »
    As the title asks?
    I am finding a particular group of people I have contact with to be humourless bunch of pissflaps.
    What do you do, or what have you done to combat this?

Trouble is, you're not going to get on with everybody in life.

Sometimes that applies to groups as well as individuals. Some groups you seem to have a lot of commonality and laughs with. Others you simply cannot gel with, whatever you do, or however hard you try.