Strictly Confidential tour

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its a real shame - if Craig had picked anyone but Lisa I would have bought a ticket but I just CANNOT bring myself to do so
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    its a real shame - if Craig had picked anyone but Lisa I would have bought a ticket but I just CANNOT bring myself to do so

The tour's coming close to me and it would be easy to go, but I feel the same :(. Artem's my favourite dancer and I would have loved to support him, but I just have no interest in seeing Lisa dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig is very strange. Not your usual human being. I am longing for him to be sacked from Strictly.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, HeidiB: cold, callous, sadistic, misanthropic, arrogant, wrong-headed.....I'd better not go on.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I see on Twitter that Craig is off to "dance auditions" for the SC tour... Does that mean there are going to be several other dancers on the cheap - so that the actual dancing by Artem, Nat and Ian won't be quite as much as thought??

The more I hear about this show, the more I think Craig (in particular) has sorely misjudged the "dance show" paying public....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I see on Twitter that Craig is off to "dance auditions" for the SC tour... Does that mean there are going to be several other dancers on the cheap - so that the actual dancing by Artem, Nat and Ian won't be quite as much as thought??

The more I hear about this show, the more I think Craig (in particular) has sorely misjudged the "dance show" paying public....

unless he is hoping to boost ticket sales by getting a couple of names that people might think "oooh I want to go and see this show now" ;):rolleyes::D:p
    Forum Member
    unless he is hoping to boost ticket sales by getting a couple of names that people might think "oooh I want to go and see this show now" ;):rolleyes::D:p

yes but would the sort of people who should fall into that category HAVE to audition? :confused::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes but would the sort of people who should fall into that category HAVE to audition? :confused::rolleyes:

this is Craig - goodness knows what he is thinking :D
    Forum Member
    this is Craig - goodness knows what he is thinking :D

LOL .. :D

Oh meant to say Craig is on Loose Women (!) one day next week so no doubt trying to drum up interest. Maybe he might give some insight into this whole charade...
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member

I think he thought that Lisa Riley was a LOT more popular than she really is. I have tickets to this but only because I really want to see Ian and Natalie otherwise I wouldn't bother. The way they keep cancelling dates and moving them around, it would appear they aren't selling as well as Craig thought they would. It's a shame because it could have been a good show without the Riley in it.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    If CRH was contracted to put on a show, just maybe this lineup was the best he could do once he chose to invest in having Lisa as his headliner. Not that she was a good decision, but maybe he couldn't get anyone else. All the other PROS that could draw a paying audience are doing other successful shows and don't need Craig, he needs them. I can't see any of them wanting to give those shows up to appear in SC. Seems not enough of the fan bases of Ian, Natalie and Artem are willing to see this show. That's where the real miscalculation comes in. Lisa would have always been an unknown for selling tickets.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Craig and Lisa are promoting this on The One Show. At least by the looks of it, it focuses on the 'life stories' if you like of the other three, as opposed to just Lisa with Ian, Artem and Natalie as her chorus line.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig and Lisa are promoting this on The One Show. At least by the looks of it, it focuses on the 'life stories' if you like of the other three, as opposed to just Lisa with Ian, Artem and Natalie as her chorus line.

It all sounded very interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the One Show last night , but have to say I am not much more aware of what this show is all about? Lisa's life story, behind the scenes of the pro dancers lives and the Strictly series. It all just seems a bit of a mess, and doesn't sound like it has actually been written yet. Also the dancers will have lines:eek: Artem:eek::eek:
    I think the ticket sales have been bad as no'one really knows what this show is. I bought tickets just because I am a huge Mr Waite fan and I would watch him and Natalie dance the hokey cokey ! However I think they seriously misjudged ticket sales and I think this mad rush of promotions is to try and drum up sales. Why did they not just book one night at a venue and then add more if they sold out. Its so annoying for genuine fans who bought tickets right at the beginning to get good seats, to find shows now being cancelled or re-arranged and in some cases not even being told this by the ticket company meaning they are only being offered exchange tickets right at the back. Add to this people that have lost money of hotels and travel that won't refund. Its become a bit of a DISASTER! I just hope it does not reflect on Ian and Nat.
    Just keeping my ffingers crossed that Southampton isn't cancelled, I looked on the website last night and they still have a lot of unsold tickets, I have already lost Bournemouth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

sorry, as much as I would be interested in Natalie, Ian and Artems life stories I really cannot bring myself to purchase another ticket for something that has Lisa in it - I am still struggling to understand why Craig has included her tbh
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even with the promotion, I still don't really understand what these shows are looking to achieve.

I'm more tempted now because they've added a Liverpool date and I really want to see Ian, Natalie and Artem, but I'm not convinced by what I've seen at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, as much as I would be interested in Natalie, Ian and Artems life stories I really cannot bring myself to purchase another ticket for something that has Lisa in it - I am still struggling to understand why Craig has included her tbh

Craig is obviously aware that Lisa has a fairly large fan base.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

really? is that why they are struggling to sell tickets and cancelling venues
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I am still struggling to understand why Craig has included her tbh
    It's because Ann Widdicomb is otherwise engaged.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seem to be more dates now and in larger venues then a month or so ago so it can't be all bad. From some of the comments I get the impression that some people want this show to fail mainly because of their dislike of Lisa Riley. :eek:

I suspect that if it gets bad reviews after the first few performances then it might get pulled. If not enough advanced tickets are sold then it might not even make it to live performance.

My reason for not buying a ticket so far is that I don't know what I'll be buying into and what I know so far makes it sound a bit boring tbh.
  • tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

I think it's true Lisa had a large fan base among the total of SCD voters, or she wouldn't have stayed in as long as she did.

However, the audience for this kind of show is going to come from a small fraction of Strictly viewers - the real diehards - who I suspect typically are the folks that want the best dancers to win over the personality contestants. Lisa isn't going to appeal to that audience.

The plan for the show also sounds a bit of a mess - can't see the whole life stories thing working well.

I've been to a few of the Strictly spin-off theatre shows before (Strictly Pro tour, Vincent&Flavia's Midnight Tango and Darren&Lilia's Latin Fever), but I'll be giving this one a miss.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I think it's true Lisa had a large fan base among the total of SCD voters, or she wouldn't have stayed in as long as she did.

However, the audience for this kind of show is going to come from a small fraction of Strictly viewers - the real diehards - who I suspect typically are the folks that want the best dancers to win over the personality contestants. Lisa isn't going to appeal to that audience.

The plan for the show also sounds a bit of a mess - can't see the whole life stories thing working well.

I've been to a few of the Strictly spin-off theatre shows before (Strictly Pro tour, Vincent&Flavia's Midnight Tango and Darren&Lilia's Latin Fever), but I'll be giving this one a miss.

Not that I have any firsthand experience of these spinoff shows, but from postings I read here, Widdi and Nancy who danced worse than Lisa did not deter Strictly diehards or casuals from attending. Those who were there enjoyed comedy relief much more than they thought they would.

Lisa however seems to be antagonising would-be ticket buyers. I suspect the difference is that Lisa takes herself seriously as a contender. Widdi and Nancy did not mind laughing along or even being laughed at :eek: :D .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seem to be more dates now and in larger venues then a month or so ago so it can't be all bad. From some of the comments I get the impression that some people want this show to fail mainly because of their dislike of Lisa Riley. :eek:

I suspect that if it gets bad reviews after the first few performances then it might get pulled. If not enough advanced tickets are sold then it might not even make it to live performance.

My reason for not buying a ticket so far is that I don't know what I'll be buying into and what I know so far makes it sound a bit boring tbh.

A bit more information would be nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Ian and Lisa were on Channel 4's just cooking programme show yesterday, and they seemed to play down the part about Lisa's life in the show. They mainly said its a show that Craig has been working on for years, and its a behind the scenes look at Strictly , the dancing world and how the professionals got into the dancing scene. It is going to have acting, monlogues and dancing?? the more I hear about the less I understand what this show is all about.
    I had a text from Orange today offering me special prices on the show in Southampton as well.
    Only nice thing about the programme was Ian gave a nice mention to his angels on the show, fame at last!
    the programme is still on channel 4 on demand if you want to catch up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Ian and Lisa were on Channel 4's just cooking programme show yesterday, and they seemed to play down the part about Lisa's life in the show. They mainly said its a show that Craig has been working on for years, and its a behind the scenes look at Strictly , the dancing world and how the professionals got into the dancing scene. It is going to have acting, monlogues and dancing?? the more I hear about the less I understand what this show is all about.
    I had a text from Orange today offering me special prices on the show in Southampton as well.
    Only nice thing about the programme was Ian gave a nice mention to his angels on the show, fame at last!
    the programme is still on channel 4 on demand if you want to catch up

Thank you, it all sounds quite intriguing.