The joys of recording DOI

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
Ok so tonight I had to record DOI and to be truthful it was the first time I had enjoyed the show in years. Skipping the adds and vt videos I managed to watch the entire show in 1 hour! and I even timed an ad and it was 7 minutes long which is quite ridiculous for a live show.
I think from now on I will be recording the shows because it was a joy to watch.

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I DO agree. I have to record it as I'm always doing dinner when it's on, but I am truly grateful that I have to, otherwise I would be watching "live" and getting really irritated with the blimmin ad breaks! I don't mind the VTs tbh, at least when they're relevant to the skating. I don't care, for example, that Zaraah had coffee with her friends, or Bonnie went on a tour of all the West End Theatres where she's worked!

The same is true for all these kinda shows - Splash, which I enjoy, is just painful to watch 'live" and put up with all the ad breaks!

xx
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could skip Phillip which would be great!
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I record most of these reality TV shows. The Voice is a good one to record. You can skip the sob stories and get straight to the singing.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always watch it 30 minutes later or even an hour later so I can fast forward the breaks. Shame it's not on BBC really.
  • shaunsheepshaunsheep Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    To be honest it's the only way to watch the programme. Unfortunately last night we ended up having to watch the results show live, never again it's painful after the pleasure of the fast forward arrows! :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Agreed. There is a lot of waffle and the judges aren't even that interesting.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason I watch it live it to talk about it on here! :blush:
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always tape it, but usually follow the live thread too :)

By taping it, not only can you fast forward the ads (I always watch the VT's), but if there's a routine you particularly like you can rewind and watch again :D
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    agreed, never watch it live anymore!!!
    Philip and Christina are painful to watch
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    agreed, never watch it live anymore!!!
    Philip and Christina are painful to watch

So are some of his puns :kitty:
  • myla5trolomyla5trolo Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another that records the show. I only ever watch the routines (and any rehearsal/practice VT's, listen to the scores and Robins comments, as his are the only ones I value. (Each to their own of course)
    I think I watched last weeks show in 35 minutes!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I skip the ads, Ashley Roberts and Karen Barber. Phil I can stand, and I just love Jason's comments - he's just so honest and doesn't arse lick like the others do
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    It's de rigueur to record ANY commercial TV programmes as I abhor the interruption of advertisements. DOI is especially annoying as there seems to be an ad at the end of each contestant.
    The powers that be must think the general public are stupid in this day and age, where the majority of us have access to recording devices.
  • jaq7ukjaq7uk Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Ok so tonight I had to record DOI and to be truthful it was the first time I had enjoyed the show in years. Skipping the adds and vt videos I managed to watch the entire show in 1 hour! and I even timed an ad and it was 7 minutes long which is quite ridiculous for a live show.
    I think from now on I will be recording the shows because it was a joy to watch.

Anyone else agree?

I totally agree. forwardwind the rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Did anyone by chance record tonight's main show?

I have been putting this series onto DVD as a Keepsake but our lost our power briefly tonight which means that we also lost the show recording.

Can catch-up with ITV player but not the DVD so was hoping someone may have a copy....