Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Havnt seen too much of Depay, but he is rated highly by Van Gaal, and has apparently been in excellent form for most of the season in Holland.

Lets go for him, Spurs are sniffing after him as well.

Continuation of: Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'The perennially Premier League-linked Simon Kjaer is also said to be a target for United this summer, with the Express claiming an £11million bid is being considered for the Lille and Denmark defender.'
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Havnt seen too much of Depay, but he is rated highly by Van Gaal, and has apparently been in excellent form for most of the season in Holland.

Lets go for him, Spurs are sniffing after him as well.

He can go to Spurs and then we can put a silly bid in for him in around about eighteen months.;-)
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    What odd's that LVG goes and drops Fellaini tomorrow after today's press conference comments.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    He can go to Spurs and then we can put a silly bid in for him in around about eighteen months.;-)

Or, we could just sign him as we did with Blind and Rojo.
    Tribec wrote: »
    What odd's that LVG goes and drops Fellaini tomorrow after today's press conference comments.

There is zero chance of Fellaini getting dropped right now. Rightly so.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Neither Mata or Fellani should be dropped imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd start with the same lineup. They're all undroppable right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and so it begins...

United linked with £50m bid for Sterling in The Sun.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    I know that some posters here disagree with my hope today which is a draw between Arsenal and Liverpool. All ifs, but if that happens and we hopefully win today, we go into second place.

I'm sure others would prefer a different outcome though
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and so it begins...

United linked with £50m bid for Sterling in The Sun.

:D

As I said the other day, worth it just for the reaction from that lot. And judging by one or two apocalyptic texts I've had from Scousers this morning, it's worked.

Fingers crossed it's just shit stirring on our part though. Can you imagine how gutting it would be to actually spend £50m on him? He's a very good player, potentially brilliant, but there's no way I'd be paying that for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeaah! Arsenal in front.

Edit: and another:D
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip Cocu has admitted that Depay will probably leave PSV, this summer.

Get him signed, and we don't have to entertain this Sterling nonsense.
    Forum Member
    Yeaah! Arsenal in front.

Edit: and another:D

Nooooooo
    That blows our chance of going above them.......

Obviously I'm happy that the scousers are losing but I was trying to put our team first in my wishes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal beating them senseless:D
    Osusana wrote: »
    Nooooooo
    That blows our chance of going above them.......

Don't worry, we'll go above them and City when we beat them both at OT!
    Forum Member
    Arsenal beating them senseless:D

Don't worry, we'll go above them and City when we beat them both at OT!

I love your confidence.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if the top 4 breakaway or Liverpool closing the gap would be better lol. I'm confused!
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Phillip Cocu has admitted that Depay will probably leave PSV, this summer.

Get him signed, and we don't have to entertain this Sterling nonsense.

I recon Depay is all but done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rojo for Smalling the only change.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,962
    Forum Member
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    I recon Depay is all but done.

Wouldn't surprise me, also i think the Hummels deal is all but done too, if we do sign them should be two good players who will improve us for next season.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh new part, I thought that we might go through the whole season with just the previous one!

Just the one change to the team that easily beat Liverpool, Rojo for Smalling.

Hopefully another win today.

Get Depay and Hummels sorted and next season we should really be looking to challenge Chelsea for their title.
    Forum Member
    Hummels isn't the quickest of defenders, he may struggle in the Premier League in much the same way Mertersaker has. He's a good defender, but just not the quickest. However, well thread 48, you took your time arriving.

With injuries and illnesses this team pretty much picked itself. Lets hope we get to a comfortable position to give Pereira another run out, he's obviously played his way back into contention with the U21's, he's now got to earn his spot in the first team.
    Forum Member
    Get Depay and Hummels sorted and next season we should really be looking to challenge Chelsea for their title.

They may well be title holders by the end of the season, but it's still out on loan from us, we've won it enough to claim it as ours.:D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may well be title holders by the end of the season, but it's still out on loan from us, we've won it enough to claim it as ours.:D

Just like Brazil got to keep the old World Cup trophy, we should have got to keep the trophy when we won it in Sir Alex's last season.
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    From almost winning the Premier League (read: blowing it) to finishing away from the top 4 the next season - Liverpool Football Club.

Have I not seen this story before? Oh yes I have. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_Premier_League#League_table
    Forum Member
    Should have had a penalty earlier on in this game, but it's a decent start, just need to pop one of the chances away soon. If it gets to half time 0-0 after the way we've started it could be one of those games.

A bit strange how we've got East again as a ref at OT, so relatively soon after his gaff against Sunderland. I would have thought they'd have protected him as such,
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    Blind needs to remember what position he plays instead of doing joint runs with Young on the wing constantly.
This discussion has been closed.