TNA Wrestling on Challenge TV

Comments

• ogrynogryn Posts: 3,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PWTorch is reporting that Flair has pulled out of the European Tour due to not being paid up front
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of my posts from way back in September
    Failing that Challenge TV could be an option, if Sky is looking to expand the channel beyond repeats of gameshows

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=44138024&highlight=challenge#post44138024
    I still think iMPACT is going to end up on a revamped Challenge TV

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=44340624&highlight=challenge#post44340624

Stick with me kids, I know my stuff. :p

Seriously though, I think it's a great move for TNA. Getting everything on Freeview is fantastic. Shame it looks like we have to wait longer for Impact but I can live with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    “TNA iMPACT” will air on the Tuesday night following US transmission at 10pm, with PPV events showing on the Wednesday after US broadcast. Challenge TV will also show catch-up episodes of “TNA iMPACT!” for those who missed them during TNA’s brief period off air. Full dates and details will be announced shortly.
    source tnawrestling.com

Good deal with the PPVs, but not so much with the near week delay with Impact. But I suppose it is on free telly so one shouldn't complain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    will challenge be on freeview? so wrestling fans get a terrestrial wrestling option!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ogryn wrote: »
    PWTorch is reporting that Flair has pulled out of the European Tour due to not being paid up front

That's a bad sign if true.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will challenge be on freeview? so wrestling fans get a terrestrial wrestling option!

yes from feb 1st
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Ric never left, they just left him behind. He is still in Dublin and was never advertised for Germany anyway.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick with me kids, I'm really good at guessing. :p

Corrected for you :)
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe challenge will go HD in Feburuary in the revamp, well here's hoping.

It's last on the list to get the Sky treatment (of the old Virgin channels)
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Even though I haven't watched TNA regularly for a long long time, this makes me happy. It means I can watch TNA on my Freeview tv in my room! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. Now we can also decide to not watch oiled up men in pants and tights, taking part in homo-erotic fake 'fights' instead of not watching repeated game shows from 20 years ago.

Brilliant. Now I have just read the same generic anti wrestling forum post like from 20 years ago.
  • Denny HaynesDenny Haynes Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    It's last on the list to get the Sky treatment (of the old Virgin channels)

Well at some point no doubt it'll go HD, i can wait.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good news its on freeview but i wont be watching if its not on till the following tuesday
  • JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    That's a bad sign if true.

It's not like he didn't pull that stunt before, sadly. The guy is becoming a joke and it shouldn't be like that considering he's the best ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackFoley wrote: »
    It's not like he didn't pull that stunt before, sadly. The guy is becoming a joke and it shouldn't be like that considering he's the best ever.

The world and his wife knows that Flair has no interest in being an active wrestler, he's only there because he pissed all his money away

Dixie Carter is on Jeff Randall Live tonight on Sky News at 7pm. I doubt she'll be discussing the profitability of TNA or how much money Panda uses to prop it up but it should be interesting
  • JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The world and his wife knows that Flair has no interest in being an active wrestler, he's only there because he pissed all his money away

The problem is: he KEEPS pissing money away. If he saves money instead of spending it would be a totally different (and good) story, but at the same time you can't teach a 60+ year old man to "grow up" at that age. Truly sad.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dixie Carter is on Jeff Randall Live tonight on Sky News at 7pm. I doubt she'll be discussing the profitability of TNA or how much money Panda uses to prop it up but it should be interesting

O I'm sure the following will happen:

TNA can be a force against WWE
    TNA will change the face of wrestling
    Something big will happen soon
    TNA is the altnerative to WWE.... only for Jeff Randall to point out he's seen a lot of these 'altnerative' wrestlers as big names in WWE. Although Dixie would counter that by saying they can employ such talent.

Basically everything she has said before, it'll be interesting though looking at TNA from a business point of view.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, most likely.

Most of it will probably be promo for the Challenge launch and no doubt, her views on sexism in the industry (she's probably the only person not been asked yet)

Then Jeff will ask about profits and she'll go all quiet
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackFoley wrote: »

Well calling it the Whooo tour was asking for trouble; practically inviting him to try to hold 'em up for more money.
  • KeyserSozeKeyserSoze Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky's programme information website (http://www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/amendments.asp) has printed the latest amendment update to Challenge, which shows that iMPACT! gets its Challenge debut a week on Saturday, with several episodes over the coming days, leading up to the first showing of the new episode of impact on Tuesday (I think!) .. and when Xplosion will also be shown .. And Genesis is shown on Wednesday.
    (Not quite sure what time of the day 26:00 is although guessing it's 2am!)

Challenge
    Saturday 05/02/2011

24:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 3
    26:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 2

Sunday 06/02/2011

24:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 4
    26:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 3

Monday 07/02/2011

24:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 5
    26:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 4

Tuesday 08/02/2011

22:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 6
    24:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 5

Wednesday 09/02/2011

22:00 Insert: TNA - Genesis - PPV 1
  • Djr2006Djr2006 Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me if Challenge is going too become free on Sky? and if not what pack is Challenge in and how much does it cost on Sky?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • KeyserSozeKeyserSoze Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Djr2006 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me if Challenge is going too become free on Sky? and if not what pack is Challenge in and how much does it cost on Sky?

Challenge is not free on Sky. It's in the Variety Pack, so if you have Sky One, Gold, Dave, Living, Watch etc then it's in the same pack as that. If you don't have any packs at the moment, it's £19.50pm if that's your only pack, or an additional £1 to add the pack in addition to any you may already have).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Djr2006 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

It is free on Sky yes.

Edit, I'm being rather dense. It's been taken out of the Variety line up as per an email from Sky but its in limbo as to whether its going to be free or not.

A lot of channels that are on Freeview are hidden behind a Sky paywall on the actual Sky service
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rajah are reporting that Ric Flair has kissed and made up with TNA and is back on the European tour.

Apparantly issues have been building up a long time between the two. Must have forced a paycut on him like Hogan and Bischoff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KeyserSoze wrote: »
    Sky's programme information website (http://www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/amendments.asp) has printed the latest amendment update to Challenge, which shows that iMPACT! gets its Challenge debut a week on Saturday, with several episodes over the coming days, leading up to the first showing of the new episode of impact on Tuesday (I think!) .. and when Xplosion will also be shown .. And Genesis is shown on Wednesday.
    (Not quite sure what time of the day 26:00 is although guessing it's 2am!)

Challenge
    Saturday 05/02/2011

24:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 3
    26:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 2

Sunday 06/02/2011

24:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 4
    26:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 3

Monday 07/02/2011

24:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 5
    26:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 4

Tuesday 08/02/2011

22:00 Insert: TNA iMPACT! - 6
    24:00 Insert: TNA Xpolsion - 5

Wednesday 09/02/2011

22:00 Insert: TNA - Genesis - PPV 1

Sorry but I dont get this...

... Can you explain to me what iMPACTS I need to watch since Bravo closed and when and before and after Genesis etc. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.