[Torchwood: Miracle Day] 'The Categories of Life' - BBC1 9PM (UK Pace)

Comments

• Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought was excellent again tonight, this pacing throughout the episode was clearly building up to that ending.

Sad to see the doctor "dying", but one thing about Torchwood is that they are not afraid to kill off characters.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    It gets better every week, shocking but gripping.
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that was a good episode. Although I could tell they were ovens before the reveal, I did not expect Vera to go.

I still haven't warmed to Rex, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Why put in that "Gwen talking to a video camera" footage in last week's "Next Time.." if it wasn't used this week??

Ah yes, forgot about that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    So they've gone from having people alive who should be dead to having burnt people alive who should be dead. What's that going to achieve?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought that was a really good episode. The scenes with Vera burning were shocking and I'm really sad that she has gone. She was a real likeable character. Next weeks preview looks great as well - Colin is an evil, evil man and it'll be interesting to see what happens to Esther and Rex.
    Sad that we'll never see those lovely pins again.

Going to have to put all my efforts into the red head
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord , where to start.

This is just incredibly lazy writing.

The big reveal is ovens !!!! I hope to God thats not just it. Would that even be something you could keep secret ?

Oswalds stirring speech...it just seems that characters can spout the most utter dross and get 40,000 people behind them.

Poor old Vera has the misfortune to meet a psycopathic administrator----like you do.

What an amazing coincidence that Rex finds Vera.

And is it me or was Jack a completely hopeless wimp in this--- in fact he's been ineffectual since day 1 ---lets not play the mortal card either--he was mortal when he met the Doc--and a 10 times better character.
    Forum Member
    What happened to the assasin from last week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Loving each episode, but was hoping for some sort of begining of an answer tonight. Still don't have any real clue on the reason for the miracle, but then I am really dense XD
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they're hoping it will make room in the hospitals etc.

Very predictable ending though - sad to see the Dr go.

Also why did Jack think that Oswald would help him - it was obvious he wouldn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Latonia wrote: »
    So they've gone from having people alive who should be dead to having burnt people alive who should be dead. What's that going to achieve?

the goverment is essentially bribing the camps to dispose of the catagory 1 patients or "evidence".
  • Julian-FreakJulian-Freak Posts: 2,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    What happened to the assasin from last week?

I'm assuming he is a category 1.:)
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    And is it me or was Jack a completely hopeless wimp in this--- in fact he's been ineffectual since day 1 ---lets not play the mortal card either--he was mortal when he met the Doc--and a 10 times better character.

Agreed - he was virtually begging Oswald to help him - the Jack of old never would have done that.
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An excellent episode! Whilst not as good as Children of Earth, it's very close and just as dark!
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked this episode. Vera getting shot was shocking enough. I was thinking she'll live even with bullets in her... but then they burn her to dust :( poor woman. What did she expect though, in there with the crazy man trying to take him on. Looks like everyone from the new team will die :/ seems a bit pointless.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just an American drama, for me.

Jack is not being Captain Jack Harkness.

Still disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode, sad to see the Doctor go that was quite nasty. Good though!
  • IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Didn't like 'people don't fit into categories', it reminded me of one of the messages at the end of He-man. Also 'put clear blue water between us' , 'these people have no health insurance?' Talk about spelling it out. :rolleyes:

Pullman gave his best performance yet in this episode and probably saved it.
  • ZariusZarius Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    eggshell wrote: »
    Lord , where to start.

This is just incredibly lazy writing.

Lord you're dumb.
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming he is a category 1.:)
    So whoever found him in the secure room in the building just shipped him off?
    and then they didn't do anything about it? no looking for who did it etc?
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Hang on, if no one can die and they reduce them to dust via the ovens, then surely they are dead and therefore people can die, but the whole premise of miracle day is that no one can die so what happens to all the burnt body dust ? Can dust be alive and have sentient thoughts ?
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Hang on, if no one can die and they reduce them to dust via the ovens, then surely they are dead and therefore people can die, but the whole premise of miracle day is that no one can die so what happens to all the burnt body dust ? Can dust be alive and have sentient thoughts ?

This is an interesting point. I assume that they're technically still alive as dust, but as dust has no ability to move, talk and can be scattered, binned or otherwise disposed of... rather than 'dead' they're 'no longer with us'?
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the pacing of the entire episode was a lot better tonight and not just condensed into the last 20 minutes as usual. Saying that, wasn't quite as good as last week's episode. Sad to see Vera go, (more a Goodbye Vera!:D) and as someone has mentioned, I really gonna miss those legs....

I was expecting some sort of big reveal as to who's behind everything tonight, but I can wait another week....just.

The one thing that concerned me was Capt Jack's involvement in the episode. Horribly underused and might just as well not have been there to be honest. Hope he gets some more action in the coming weeks.

And was I the only one to get excited when it was said Gwen was going in as a nurse? After that business outfit last week, i was expecting great things but it turned out not to be.....:o:D
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    Well that was back to being **** poor tonight. I never get "twists" and even to me it was completely obvious they were ovens.

Utterly dull episode.

Yep only twist to me was the use of coloured pegs rather than the pink triangles I was expecting, the ovens are exactly what you expect to find in a death camp

Jack Bauer would have wrapped this **** up in a day, they need CTU not Torchwood
  • ZariusZarius Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Batch wrote: »
    Well that was back to being **** poor tonight. I never get "twists" and even to me it was completely obvious they were ovens.

Utterly dull episode.

You're an utterly dull person...only they could find this exciting thriller dull.