Options

Things friends do that f*** you right off?

wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
Forum Member
✭✭✭
relating to my previous thread about a friend going to the cinema without me!

what do your 'friends' do that annoy you? makes you think you should re-evaluate your friendship with them?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waking up in the morning
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Talking about people behind their back in threads.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always seem to pick friends that like to offload their problems onto me which is fine, I don't mind listening and offering advice but whenever I have a problem, it's quickly skimmed over and the conversation is all about them again within a matter of minutes. I try not to let it bother me but it does sometimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a friend who thinks "of" is a verb...
  • Options
    belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on a night out and not even so much as enquire if you'd like to join them. And im not saying I would or im desperate for a night out....but its always nice to be asked :D
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shute wrote: »

When people write things like "I should of gone to the party" it actually makes me feel physically sick. It's just so wrong.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    When they don't text back
    When they cancel plans but on the day of the plan
    When they 'borrow' money and don't give it back
  • Options
    Dangerous.DaveDangerous.Dave Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about people behind their back in threads.

Ut-oh...don't tell me..."internet" friends?
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are genuine long time friends then they can pretty much get away with everything. That is more to do with the fact that I've been a terrible friend sometimes and my 2 best friends still like my company.
  • Options
    Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mates are great but in small dose's, when they come around to much i get peed off, i like my space.
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate eye rolling. it really rattles my cage

I have a friend who rolls her eyes when i say certain things, like 'i googled it and...' and my MIL does it.

it is so dismissive - just listen and stop judging or i will karate chop you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    When people write things like "I should of gone to the party" it actually makes me feel physically sick. It's just so wrong.

She says it. And she's a primary school teacher. I'm very torn. I love her dearly and don't want to upset her as that aside she's fantastic. But I keep thinking every year there are another 30 kids who will go through life thinking of is a verb. :D
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Broadly speaking mine would be reverting to how they acted when they were children/in school.

One of my friends sulks and will sit in complete silence, seemingly ignoring any attempts to speak to her or find out what is wrong.Typically this would occur if she hasn't gotten her own way or something has caused offence; 9 times out of 10, it is nearly impossible to tell what has caused offence but because she'll sit in silence, there's no easy way to resolve the issue. This really f**** me right off.

Another friend has in the past had the sort of tantrums you'd have seen people in school having when they didn't get their own way. She had one such tantrum on a night out to celebrate my birthday one year and ended up slapping another friend, who was trying to reason with her, in front of lots of other people.

Being unreasonably awkward is another thing that gets my blood boiling.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Subtly suggest they research the distinction between prepositions and auxiliary verbs.
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friends are pretty good. The only thing that comes to mind was when we were in Uni, and the coupled up ones would want to go home from nights out early, meaning the single members of our group often had to go home early too. Pretty minor really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    When they cancel plans but on the day of the plan

^^ Yep my friends annoy me when they do that too.

Also:

- When they talk about our other friends behind their backs. Hate to be sexist but its mainly my female friends that do this and it annoys me - just tell the person what you think to their face. If it was me I'd rather know.

- When my friends nick my jokes/gags (my older brother does this too :mad:). I'm generally one of the ones that comes out with gags/jokes/funny stupid sayings that makes our group laugh (and sometimes random people in the places where we go) and when this happens one or two people from our group remember these things and use them later on with others when they think I am not around and then pretend that they thought of it/said it originally.
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    My mates are great but in small dose's, when they come around to much i get peed off, i like my space.

That's how I feel about mine. I can be a bit distant at times as I like solitude. However, I do tell them they can always count on me if they have a crisis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subtly suggest they research the distinction between prepositions and auxiliary verbs.
    If you can suggest a way in which that topic can be raised subtly then I'm all ears. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Constant lateness for me - I can't remember the last time I went out or had any plans with a friend (I've got several who do it) where we originally agree to meet at, e.g. 7pm. Then comes the texts, "running a bit late can we make it 7:30", "still not ready how is 8?" "im leaving in 5 see you at 8:15ish" before eventually meeting me at around 8:30. Every time.

There are other things but I get wound up easily and really like to be alone so I think that's just my problem rather than any kind of fault with my friends.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can suggest a way in which that topic can be raised subtly then I'm all ears. :D

You could say you heard the terms mentioned, but didn't know what they meant, and, as you know your friend is more intelligent than you, then maybe she could explain them to you. That could be enough to get her reading, just so she can feel superior.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually there is one thing one friend in particular does, we are in contact pretty much daily so ever since I noticed it it does get rather tiresome: he never leads on the conversation, if I make a joke or something the reply is always in the same vein. Even down to random movements, he'll imitate but I think if I just sat still in silence he would too until I did something. Like that Legion thing in Red Dwarf, if anyone remembers that episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could say you heard the terms mentioned, but didn't know what they meant, and, as you know your friend is more intelligent than you, then maybe she could explain them to you. That could be enough to get her reading, just so she can feel superior.

:D She'd think I was pulling her leg if I said that. And she's very nice ... she's not someone who'd get off on feeling superior. :) It's one little foible I guess. I
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha ha ha ha!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha!!:D

:p She really does...
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Constantly firing their AKs into the air.