From Dusk Till Dawn

stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
Forum Member
✭✭
Film 4 now, great movie. :D

Anyone else watching it, lots of Vampire movies on lately, watched Bram Stoker's Dracula last night, Keanu Reeves was a little hard to take but it fared better after all these years. This is one of Clooney's better performances, seemed like he enjoyed it - even Tarantino acts, ha.

Vampire lovers unite.

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That reminds me, i missed Cronos. I must watch it.

I prefer zombies tbh, Twilight did nothing for the reputation of vamps.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Seen it before, pretty stupid, tarantino is annoying as always, luckily he dies pretty soon. A laugh though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Not to sound like a racist but I f**king hated the Chinese kid in Dusk Till Dawn

Was so glad when he bit the dust
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Was lucky enough, years ago, to be one of those who just stumbled upon this movie having no foreknowledge whatsoever. The "twist" was utterly mind-blowing at the time, right up my street as well. Never caught any of the sequels though, naturally assumed they would be awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best part is Salma Hayek.

:)
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was lucky enough, years ago, to be one of those who just stumbled upon this movie having no foreknowledge whatsoever. The "twist" was utterly mind-blowing at the time, right up my street as well. Never caught any of the sequels though, naturally assumed they would be awful.

They weren't too bad actually as long as you don't consider them sequels, more cash ins. One was about a bank robbery and the third I think was a western, which was odd.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    They weren't too bad actually as long as you don't consider them sequels, more cash ins. One was about a bank robbery and the third I think was a western, which was odd.

Agreed, they are the kinda movies you would expect on the horror channel. Decent stories but you know what to expect with very limited budgets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i also had no knowledge of the twist and as you say i was OMG what is happening here?
    excellent film too, remember paying over the odds for the sequels from usa when they were released!

them was the days!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIPLEY75 wrote: »
    The best part is Salma Hayek.

Mmmm Salma Hayek.

I was 17 when I saw this at the cinema. Knew it was a vampire film but remember thinking, 'When the hell are the vamps getting here? This is just a bank robbery. have I got the right film?'

Clooney is brilliant. "What do you think I want you mean old bastard? I want a f*cking room."
    "Psychos? Is that what they looked like to you? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them. I don't give a f*ck how crazy they are!"

And Sex Machine's penis gun had everyone in the cinema roaring.
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

Me too - used to love watching it later with other peeps who had no idea too
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,372
    Forum Member
    The cool thing is, it's really only a vampire movie for the final third.
  • TPKingTPKing Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Seen it before, pretty stupid, tarantino is annoying as always, luckily he dies pretty soon. A laugh though :D

WTF have you seen the film? Tarantino does not die pretty soon he dies when the Vamps start kicking off in the bar. That is a fair length during the film. Film gets thumbs up from me. Tarantino dies unexpectedly, the twist when thinking it was just another gangster film. :D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    It's a fun film :D Salma Hayek is smokin' hot in the film, just amazing :D