Options

Michael Moore: "Those who say 'I support the troops' should just stop"

BarrieWhizzo!BarrieWhizzo! Posts: 411
Forum Member
I don't support the troops, America, and neither do you. I am tired of the ruse we are playing on these brave citizens in our armed forces. And guess what -- a lot of these soldiers and sailors and airmen and Marines see right through the bull**** of those words, "I support the troops!," spoken by Americans with such false sincerity -- false because our actions don't match our words.
Full article

First of all, I know I've started topics on a similar theme before, but this is a new article Michael Moore has written on his website and I think he makes some absolutely superb points in it.

I would really encourage people to read it and digest what he says. Yes, he's talking about it from an American perspective, but the same points apply just as much over here.

Do you agree with Michael Moore's article 82 votes

Yes
43%
Bill ClintonThePerfectOnestarman700bingoesRed ArrowKIIS102MC_Satanjpcmegazmat*Clem*Asmo[Deleted User]NoseyLouieHypnodiscQwertyGirl1771Blackadder V[Deleted User][Deleted User]gav016redtux 36 votes
No
35%
Phil OwensBrian1709SULLAdawnraydLurkalotllihpskp20040BrittirovonnegocompletelynutTheToonArmyMark39LondonO'Neillvodkamargarine[Deleted User]Andy2solenoidChelseafan101[Deleted User]whitecliffe 29 votes
Somewhat
20%
UKMikeydorydarylBiffo the BearDai13371Melp26[Deleted User]-Sid-OhWhenTheSaintsDave Stent[Deleted User]BillyBatty[Deleted User]CryolemonNerdyMageeTheSilentFezswehJust Vogue 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    BarrieWhizzo!BarrieWhizzo! Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Poll added.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends what the "troops" are doing.

If we have to have an army (and I believe we do), we can't have them being able to pick and choose which operations they want to be in and which they don't. Nothing I have seen would suggest I should not support them (that is not to say the support is automatic without any limits.)
  • Options
    dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish one of these soldiers you keep going on about would run you through with a bayonet, just to stop these tedious threads.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    So what's your opinion of soldiers, OP?
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Full article

First of all, I know I've started topics on a similar theme before, but this is a new article Michael Moore has written on his website and I think he makes some absolutely superb points in it.

I would really encourage people to read it and digest what he says. Yes, he's talking about it from an American perspective, but the same points apply just as much over here.

Well, that's putting it a bit fecking mildly isn't it?

Apart from rabbiting on about your cock, it's all you ever post about.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Moore is one brilliant American. Admired by all Europeans. :)
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I wish there was a poll option for "Barriewizzo! should just stop". :(
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish one of these soldiers you keep going on about would run you through with a bayonet, just to stop these tedious threads.

Lol :D

I must admit, I did laugh to myself when I saw who started this thread. :D
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same shit, different week :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MCC243MCC243 Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    I remember watching a documentary a while back on a UK TV channel about Michael Moore. I think they tried to interview him re: some inaccuracies and 'clever' editing in his documentaries. Ironically he refused to be interviewed or respond to the questions put to him.

He's just as full of sh*t as those he campaigns against.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    No
    Michael Moore is a cock of the highest order. Perhaps that's why the OP identifies with him.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I wish there was a poll option for "Barriewizzo! should just stop". :(

This. The same anti British bullshit is so tiresome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Doesn't someone make this thread every day?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please change the record, its very tedious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't someone make this thread every day?

Yes...BarrieWhizzo! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why isn't there a "couldn't give a flying f**k" option???
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obvious troll is obvious.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D Naughty but to the point.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Here's a mad idea.
    Next time he posts one, (probably tomorrow going on the recent record) don't bite and just ignore it.
    See it as a test of your self control.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly - the OP must have a "problem" or a distinctly masochistic streak :p He posts the same shit week after week, and openly and publically gets called all the tits of the day. He posts KNOWING this is going to happen....

That's just not normal :p
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Moore is right - don't support American (foreign nation) troops support your own! :p
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BarrieWhizzo!: OK which is it.. you were either turned down by the forces and told you couldn't join.. or a squaddie stole your girlfriend.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I'm a fan of Moore's work
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Michael Moore is one brilliant American. Admired by all Europeans. :)

You must be being sarcastic. ;)
  • Options
    Hootenanny123Hootenanny123 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I completely agree, People sitting on there fat arses saying "I support the troops" is BS as said above, they don't give a dam half of them. Its the same with the poppy, loads of them are now warn as a fashion icon or for people to show them off (look at me I support the troops). They were originally meant to pay respect and remember those who were killed.