CITV Channel To Show Press Gang, Knightmare, T Bag & Other Classics!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been brilliant this weekend, I don't think I'd have enjoyed it this much if it was on all the time but I would think it's been a ratings success and we'll see another weekend like this in the future.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    He doesn't look it, does he? He looks in his 30s, 40s at most! Are you sure the Wiki article's right and they didn't get it mixed up with an actor of the same name? I find it hard to believe he was that old.

In his 40s? :eek:
    I'd have said mid to late-20s in the early 1990s at the most!!
    He's a bit of a cutie, that TJ. Where is he now? Not dead I assume!!
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there was a DVD a while back with rainbow, button moon and a few others on

Edit there are 2 or 3 different ones about 4 quid each on amazon, Fremantle were putting them out
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Thats the Cult Kids set of DVDs I'm sure, I've seen a few of those :)
    BTW, I just noticed the end credits of Huxley Pig saying it was a Filmfair production, which may explain why it has a similar look to Paddington Bear from the 70's or Cockleshell Bay :D The copyright date was 1989.
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I was part of the audience of Finders Keepers when I was 10 years old and was devastated that the set up for the final room raid took a grand 4 HOURS to set up and wasn't instantaneous as the TV has led me to believe.
  • p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    Amazed none of the Twitter pervs have uploaded the Fearne Cotton limbo moment from Finger Tips earlier.

Amazed, and disappointed. :p:o
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Thats the Cult Kids set of DVDs I'm sure, I've seen a few of those :)
    BTW, I just noticed the end credits of Huxley Pig saying it was a Filmfair production, which may explain why it has a similar look to Paddington Bear from the 70's or Cockleshell Bay :D The copyright date was 1989.
    I will have a look later if that's entertainment are selling them, the first one is like rocking horse droppings to get in good condition, I am sure they would put all of them either 3 for £5 or even better 6 for £5. If they go for that sort of money I would be tempted to buy a few, some of my friends were saying on FB they had been showing their kids things like rainbow, including one friend who's son simply wouldn't believe zippy wasn't a particular animal he was just zippy
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    Then there's "Jess the Cat"

Or even James! :D

Another that's just come to me:

"Bangers and Mash" with Chas 'n' Dave voicing two monkeys!!

There was a cartoon with gnomes too, and also I think something to do with a hot air baloon :confused:
    Forum Member

There was a cartoon with gnomes too, and also I think something to do with a hot air baloon :confused:

I remember that! :D I used the books to practise reading when I was little :p
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member

Chish and Fipps? :D
  • mart1711mart1711 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    There was a programme on once called "wail of the banshee" very little seems to be written about it anywhere now, but I loved it!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the episodes on the itvplayer the same ones shown today or different ones?
    I noticed before Fraggle Rock today there was a little 2 minute thing followed by some "Happy Birthday CITV" messages. So I'm wondering what else I might have missed between 11 and 11:35 today?

Can no-one answer my questions about Sunday's programming? :(
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea for the ratings for these shows yet?
  • RIPYorkshireTVRIPYorkshireTV Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    It'd be too much for them to do this too regularly but I think a retro weekend on the first weekend in January every year would go down a storm.

A great new post-Christmas tradition to beat the post-holiday blues.
  • NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was anything shot on film or which could be remastered into HD?

I have to say that Dangermouse and Duckula still look surprisingly good - and the latter I say as a first time viewer. Its a shame kids TV today doesn't go past age 12, MPAA, The Fugitive, Bels Boys, Butterfingers, The giblet boys all need to be shown more. The worst witch wouldn't look out of place today as it had the 16:9 ratio and there's more great drama that must have been filmed since 1998 that wouldn't be too difficult to show/sell to other channels perhaps?

Hopefully ITV Player gets a few more archive kids programmes to rent/watch for free when it comes out of beta (next week?) Thunderbirds, Captain scarlet and Stingray are great but are/were available on Lovefilm not to mention they have been recently shown.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weekend was good, I'm glad they did it, but could of been a lot better. We didn't need 4 or 5 of the programmes on again the next day. There was a huge varity to take from. They could of done with getting rid of those extra programmes of jooice fruit skills thing, or was that there for financial reasons?!
    But this has created a lot of chatter and buzz, so maybe make it a quarterly thing?! A perminent channel of this becomes too much, becomes the norm and forgotten about, but 3 or 4 times a year - with a different variety, would be ideal!!!

From top of my head, I could think of
    The Shoe People
    The Family Ness
    Cockleshell Bay
    Tickle On The Tum,
    And many others people have mentioned that could have been shown. And The rights to these programmes have been mentioned - but I've got to wonder why. They are missing out not allowed these programmes to be shown, the audience was big, better advertisements/show case for their programmes!!! I reckon the next weekend we may get a better variety...if in fact rights where the issue.
  • JezRJezR Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was anything shot on film or which could be remastered into HD?
    The 90s version of The Tomorrow People was made on film - one of the things that made it rather expensive for a children's slot.
    Forum Member
    Can no-one answer my questions about Sunday's programming? :(

The 2 minute segments (aside from the Happy Birthday messages) were kids putting on a puppet show (?) saying "I want to be Ant & Dec/Kate Humble" etc :confused:
    Forum Member
    The weekend was good, I'm glad they did it, but could of been a lot better. We didn't need 4 or 5 of the programmes on again the next day. There was a huge varity to take from. They could of done with getting rid of those extra programmes of jooice fruit skills thing, or was that there for financial reasons?!
    But this has created a lot of chatter and buzz, so maybe make it a quarterly thing?! A perminent channel of this becomes too much, becomes the norm and forgotten about, but 3 or 4 times a year - with a different variety, would be ideal!!!

From top of my head, I could think of
    The Shoe People
    The Family Ness
    Cockleshell Bay
    Tickle On The Tum,
    And many others people have mentioned that could have been shown. And The rights to these programmes have been mentioned - but I've got to wonder why. They are missing out not allowed these programmes to be shown, the audience was big, better advertisements/show case for their programmes!!! I reckon the next weekend we may get a better variety...if in fact rights where the issue.

1. I agree, I would have preferred more variety of shows, but I guess with (say) a drama or 2 part thing they had to finish it. I loved they showed Knightmare though.
    I wanted another Art Attack episode :(
    2. I thought Family Ness was on CBBC, not ITV :)
  • terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whoever made the music on fun house should be awarded with some kind of award -- is very catchy and memorable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2 minute segments (aside from the Happy Birthday messages) were kids putting on a puppet show (?) saying "I want to be Ant & Dec/Kate Humble" etc :confused:

In other words, even if there were any bits like that that I missed, it's not worth worrying about?

I didn't really know what it was about at the time. I was having a late lunch so wasn't giving it my full attention! It just made me wonder what else I might have missed, but thanks - i'll consider that question answered! :)

I THINK I've just answered my other question too - it looks like The Riddlers, My Parents are Aliens, Woof and Children's Ward are the only programmes on the CITVPlayer that are the same as those shown on Sunday - which seems odd considering Knightmare and Press Gang are both listed for Saturday! There is one each of Button Moon, Rosie and Jim and Dangermouse listed at https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/categories/citv/, but it seems (to me, without being able to double check) that they are different episodes to those shown on Sunday.

Incidentally, it aso seems odd to me that there were more programmes available on ITVPlayer on Sunday from CITV than from any other ITV channel: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/by-day/yesterday#./6-Jan-2013?&_suid=135765366786906356776418359291. I'm surprised to see such little progamme availability!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tokenting wrote: »
    whoever made the music on fun house should be awarded with some kind of award -- is very catchy and memorable.

I agree - and not just with the main theme. I love the music played during the challenges too!:)
    Forum Member
    I thought there was only one ep each of Button Moon, Rosie and Jim and The Riddlers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought there was only one ep each of Button Moon, Rosie and Jim and The Riddlers.

Yes, they were only shown once on CITV. They are also only available once on ITVPlayer but based on the links I gave above it seems to me that the Riddlers episode is the same, but the Button Moon and Rosie and Jim episodes are different. Can anyone confirm? :confused:
  • NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.sabotagetimes.com/tv-film/why-we-dont-need-a-citv-old-skool-channel/ I love how the CITV old skool weekend solved the problems broadcasters had with social media :D