Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    Skye.91Skye.91 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Korranh wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/IsPoJ0c guys have you seen this... Liam and Leona, maybe?

Is this reliable?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skye.91 wrote: »
    Is this reliable?

No, it's a prediction from a 'psychic', i.e. BS.
  • Options
    katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I think Zayne and Harry are the only members that could have a successful solo career though

Yeah agree with you about that, liam maybe moderate success
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see CWL isn't in top40 download albums so it means physicals sold more than digital for the first time :)

OMS #14 on digital, #32 on streaming chart
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    butlerny wrote: »
    great! but its asking me to download the ilivuud manager etc which i dont want to..any other way of getting this? :confused::D

the zip file downloaded ok for me
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never noticed until now how hot Leona looks in the 'I Will Be' video!
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only ok with her working with this Poet guy if they create some really strong material. I may be stating an unpopular opinion, but I really don't want her to go down the dance/techno/electric route again. I like GH as an album, but that whole era was just a mess and I don't want anything like that happening again. Although Come Alive and Glassheart are two of my fav songs, GH (the album) is my least favorite. I really think she needs to go back to pure R&B like Spirit. Her vocals slay on songs like that, and to date Spirit has still been her most successful album, and I feel like the change in genres may have thrown some people off. We've seen with CWL that the motown influence actually helped, and to me it's the best album for her vocally.

If she's gonna go techno or dance, I think the majority of the album would have to be uptempo for it to work. One of the issues I have with GH is that it's kind of sporadic, like it doesn't flow that well. I think the uptempo songs are kind of just thrown around on it, and the placement of some of the mid-tempo and slower songs kind of changes the whole mood completely. It flips around too much. This is just my opinion, as I do love GH, but I just don't want anything really like the album again.

Late night rant over :p. I'd love to hear what you guys want or expect for the next album, since we don't really know much yet!

I am in complete agreement, I don't want a the dance/techno/electric either, I love Glassheart the album but it is my least favourite.

My favourite is Echo, but it sounds like the new album won't be like that either. But I am excited, a throwback album from Leona songs great, I really want the big ballads with the huge vocals back too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    butlerny wrote: »
    great! but its asking me to download the ilivuud manager etc which i dont want to..any other way of getting this? :confused::D

Maybe you clicked the wrong download button? It should pop up in green?
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you clicked the wrong download button? It should pop up in green?

I am now downloading this album at my third attempt. The first couple of times I was denied permission because one track (Colour-blind) may be available as a download from Amazon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    I am now downloading this album at my third attempt. The first couple of times I was denied permission because one track (Colour-blind) may be available as a download from Amazon.

Gr. I'll upload it somewhere else :)
  • Options
    Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you could put it on soundcloud :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you could put it on soundcloud :D

I am actually. After I create a zip file. Because having to download the album track by track by soundcloud would be a bit annoying for you guys I'd think.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have successfully downloaded it from your link, but the site varies between letting us do that and saying it won't - that's computers for you. :confused:

I am enjoying the tracks - thank you for putting them together (I like the cover as well). :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amazing acustric album, im not sure about the second better in time, as its from the the vmas

where is the version of hurt from?
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amazing acustric album, im not sure about the second better in time, as its from the the vmas

where is the version of hurt from?

from the UStream 2 years ago
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from the UStream 2 years ago

ah ok
  • Options
    lee3_lee3_ Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Enjoying listening to the acoustic album, thanks glasshearts :)
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only ok with her working with this Poet guy if they create some really strong material. I may be stating an unpopular opinion, but I really don't want her to go down the dance/techno/electric route again. I like GH as an album, but that whole era was just a mess and I don't want anything like that happening again. Although Come Alive and Glassheart are two of my fav songs, GH (the album) is my least favorite. I really think she needs to go back to pure R&B like Spirit. Her vocals slay on songs like that, and to date Spirit has still been her most successful album, and I feel like the change in genres may have thrown some people off. We've seen with CWL that the motown influence actually helped, and to me it's the best album for her vocally.

If she's gonna go techno or dance, I think the majority of the album would have to be uptempo for it to work. One of the issues I have with GH is that it's kind of sporadic, like it doesn't flow that well. I think the uptempo songs are kind of just thrown around on it, and the placement of some of the mid-tempo and slower songs kind of changes the whole mood completely. It flips around too much. This is just my opinion, as I do love GH, but I just don't want anything really like the album again.

Late night rant over :p. I'd love to hear what you guys want or expect for the next album, since we don't really know much yet!

Agree 100%. I think for the next album i'd love a blend of Spirit & Echo. After the time I've had with Glassheart, I've come to see it in two different ways

1) As an album on its own - Solid piece of work
    2) As a Leona Lewis album - It's not the album I want

She said Glassheart wasn't a change of direction, but musically it was. I'm not asking for ballad after ballad, but I think I missed the 'big' songs. We only had When It Hurts & Fingerprint, and if I'm honest, as beautiful Fingerprint is, it's very slow paced. I love When It Hurts, but I feel like by the end i'm left wanting more.

If she does go down the motown route like she suggested then I'm quite happy, especially after hearing the feel of Christmas, With Love. I'd be more than happy for Leona to work with a smaller team of producers/writers with the next album. She and Ryan Tedder could create some great things together. I would like Leona to work with John Shanks again as well. I've always loved the thought of Leona blending rock with R&B/Pop. I love how she put her stamp on Run & Stop Crying Your Heart Out. Broken & Alive were fantastic tracks too.

For me personally, more Spirit mixed with Echo and less Glassheart:blush:
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Haven't been on over Christmas much. Sorry I missed your Birthday, Soe. Hope you had a good time. :)

I just hope that Leona continues to surprise me and to evolve.

I have loved some songs on all 4 albums and also on the EP. And the unreleased tracks as well. And some of the collaborations. I actually really like Fix Me, even after all this time.They are all different while still sounding like Leona, if that makes sense. For the next album, I just want to be surprised again. Like I have been with CWL.

I have also loved watching her evolve as a performer. I remember being amazed in 2010 with the Rock in Rio concert and then again this year with the promotion for CWL.

For me, it's about watching Leona's journey and just hoping it is a long one. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acoustic album on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/leonaacoustic/sets/leona-lewis-the-acoustic-album

(Run, Come Alive, Glassheart, and Colorblind were blocked sadly)
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    Haven't been on over Christmas much. Sorry I missed your Birthday, Soe. Hope you had a good time. :)

Aww no worries :) I indeed had a good time :D
  • Options
    butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Leona used to just stand there and when she did move she was awkward...then during the labyrinth tour which is when she really improved I was so impressed ..and now? its like a different person...she just needs to keep the momentum going and not dissappear for ages to stay in the publics eye...so excited for 2014 for Leona:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where can I download this amazing Acoustic album?? :)
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she continues to create songs as great as:

Happy
    Glassheart
    One More Sleep
    Mr Right
    Don't Let Me Down

And she needs to stay away from songs as weak as:

Collide
    When It Hurts
    I Got You
    I'm You (sorry Cassie :p:D:D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Zayne and Harry are the only members that could have a successful solo career though

I think Liam has a good enough voice to carry him through... Anyway, it's only a prediction so Liam could still do a duet song with Leona without needing to split from the band, perhaps only some of the prediction is true... Oooh superstition...
This discussion has been closed.