• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just stick to giving out phone numbers on the X Factor Dermot >:(
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC did one a few years back that wasn't live but it was the Earth in an orbit.

The best one is the NASA film The Dream is Alive.

I saw The Dream Is Alive at the IMAX in Kennedy Space Centre in 2002; it's a hard watch as Judy Resnik and Dick Scobee feature in it - they both died in the Challenger.

Been enjoying it so far, to be honest; not finding O'Leary quite as annoying as I'd feared, but indeed we could have had some more depth to the questions without going too space nerd - and explain some of the experiments better. And stop asking them about their favourite view...

Another vote for Mike Massimino - a gem. I thought he was fantastic in the documentary about how they (he!) saved the Hubble telescope, and is great here.

Oh, and yes - very impressed with Capcom ;)
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    If he isnt ****ing up the delay he is saying "coooooooollllll" every 2 seconds.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I just spotted the missing pane! :eek:

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If he isnt ****ing up the delay he is saying "coooooooollllll" every 2 seconds.

Come on he is used to talking to pop stars who have to be told the answer to the question that he has just asked. So no room for letting the other person get a word in edgeways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm waiting for Dermot to ask them what their favourite colour is
  • Options
    Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    This is terrible, and it's not helped by that idiot Dermot.

A great idea ruined by Channel4.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I'm not a big fan of Dermot, but I don't think he's doing as bad a job as people are making out.

What is he not asking them that you want him to ask them?
  • Options
    Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I'd like him to stop umming and erring.

Stop the ridiculous over the top cackling too.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I'm waiting for Dermot to ask them what their favourite colour is

wouldn't put it past him
  • Options
    extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of Dermot, but I don't think he's doing as bad a job as people are making out.

What is he not asking them that you want him to ask them?

Agree, also not a fan of Dermot, but he's doing fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stories from these guys is great, but i imagine we won't have much time in space live left and we have barely seen anything really :(
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I saw The Dream Is Alive at the IMAX in Kennedy Space Centre in 2002; it's a hard watch as Judy Resnik and Dick Scobee feature in it - they both died in the Challenger.

Been enjoying it so far, to be honest; not finding O'Leary quite as annoying as I'd feared, but indeed we could have had some more depth to the questions without going too space nerd - and explain some of the experiments better. And stop asking them about their favourite view...

Another vote for Mike Massimino - a gem. I thought he was fantastic in the documentary about how they (he!) saved the Hubble telescope, and is great here.

Oh, and yes - very impressed with Capcom ;)

I want someone to ask Mass about fruit loops!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stories from these guys is great, but i imagine we won't have much time in space live left and we have barely seen anything really :(

how so?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    how so?

i mean,,,we rarely have the opportunity to be live from the ISS and we have only had a few minutes of pictures, most of this program is with Dermot talking to people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i mean,,,we rarely have the opportunity to be live from the ISS and we have only had a few minutes of pictures, most of this program is with Dermot talking to people.

Why have they not got a 24/7 live webcam from it that anyone can tune into like Time Sq in New York?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why have they not got a 24/7 live webcam from it that anyone can tune into like Time Sq in New York?

They have just installed a system on the ISS for this with an HD camera.

http://www.urthecast.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what happens when it all goes wrong and the asteroid crashes into our moon knocking it out of our orbit and affecting our own trajectory so that we crash into the sun.

Copyright The Daily Mail.
  • Options
    Forum Member

My Mom is has no interest in space etc,,, however she tuned in tonight to see pictures of the Earth, and the ones she has seen she said are amazing and mind blowing, but sadly there hasnt been enough to keep her watching and now she has turned over.

Something like a 24/7 camera would be a superb idea, i want to see more of Britain from the ISS etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've actually quite enjoyed this, more of the Earth would have been good but I don't mind the talking, I don't get why people can't watch intelligent conversation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have just installed a system on the ISS for this with an HD camera.

http://www.urthecast.com/

How come Sky haven't got exclusive rights to this and charging £5 extra. (Plus HD pack Plus Basic pack)

:D
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such beautiful scenery
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually quite enjoyed this, more of the Earth would have been good but I don't mind the talking, I don't get why people can't watch intelligent conversation.

dermot o'leary, are you serious?
  • Options
    Forum Member

its hardly intelligent with Dermots questions :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My Mom is has no interest in space etc,,, however she tuned in tonight to see pictures of the Earth, and the ones she has seen she said are amazing and mind blowing, but sadly there hasnt been enough to keep her watching and now she has turned over.

Something like a 24/7 camera would be a superb idea, i want to see more of Britain from the ISS etc

We could watch it go over (as I have many times) whilst watching their view of them going over us.