Options

The Killing (Danish version) repeat?

Comments

• Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember from the first time round whether this will make it onto iPlayer after being shown?
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did last time, but only "buffered" for 13 episodes, not the full twenty. In other words, ep1 will go "off iPlayer" sometime towards the end of the third week.

K
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    I recorded these when originally on, and burnt them onto discs. Still haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Hope it is as good as everyone seems to think it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded these when originally on, and burnt them onto discs. Still haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Hope it is as good as everyone seems to think it is.

We had a very intense thread going when it was first shown on BBC4. Best thread I've ever taken part in actually. So that made the series even more interesting for many of us. Especially if you don't have anyone in the real world to discuss the show with.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    It did last time, but only "buffered" for 13 episodes, not the full twenty. In other words, ep1 will go "off iPlayer" sometime towards the end of the third week.

K

Thanks, that's good news then, it'll make it much easier for me to keep up with all these episodes if I can watch them all once a week on iPlayer.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing this super hypoed show. My only issue is someone said who did it on these forums and I wonder if that will spoil it for me.

Is it a show you can still enjoy even if someone has leaked the murderers identity? They could be wrong of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing this super hypoed show. My only issue is someone said who did it on these forums and I wonder if that will spoil it for me.

Is it a show you can still enjoy even if someone has leaked the murderers identity? They could be wrong of course.

It's a superb show. Very powerful and emotional. I enjoyed it the second time around even more. You are in an odd position however(if you do in fact know who the killer is). It would be better not knowing first time round of course. But I would say once you become engrossed you will become lost in the drama and knowing will become a secondary matter(if you really like it of course- no way of knowing that)
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a superb show. Very powerful and emotional. I enjoyed it the second time around even more. You are in an odd position however(if you do in fact know who the killer is). It would be better not knowing first time round of course. But I would say once you become engrossed you will become lost in the drama and knowing will become a secondary matter(if you really like it of course- no way of knowing that)

I'm not sure, someone said it and I said thanks for telling me and they said it might be or might not be etc. So not knowing all the characters, I'm not sure I have even remembered it right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure, someone said it and I said thanks for telling me and they said it might be or might not be etc. So not knowing all the characters, I'm not sure I have even remembered it right.

Forget about it and just enjoy the series.;):D:D

Just make sure you stick to the proper thread when it starts up again.:):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really, really looking forward to seeing this! I've seen the American version and thought it was very, very good. But from all accounts the Danish version is infinitely superior.
  • Options
    Um_BongoUm_Bongo Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    We had a very intense thread going when it was first shown on BBC4. Best thread I've ever taken part in actually. So that made the series even more interesting for many of us. Especially if you don't have anyone in the real world to discuss the show with.

I can whole heartily agree with this :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I am watching the US remake of The Killing at Channel 4 pace, which is due to finish late September.

I want to watch the original, but don't want the US version spoiled.

Therefore, should I wait to finish Season 1 before watching the original? Also given the ending of Season 1 of the US version, should I wait even longer?

Ta.
  • Options
    nursebill56nursebill56 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Confirmed by Radio Times that each episode will run nightly from Sunday for 4 weeks to prepare the ground for the second series coming in the autumn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confirmed by Radio Times that each episode will run nightly from Sunday for 4 weeks to prepare the ground for the second series coming in the autumn.

RadioTimes have it wrong then. It will run Sun-Thurs( 5 nights a week). No episodes on Friday & Saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um_Bongo wrote: »
    I can whole heartily agree with this :D

Welcome back UB. Are you in for the rewatch. I thought you'd found some friends and got a real life:D:D:D
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back UB. Are you in for the rewatch. I thought you'd found some friends and got a real life:D:D:D
    Hi, bk and um. Are you both going to join the repeat Killing thread?
    I'm gutted I'll be on a Greek island from 21st for a week!! Sad, I know, but I can't wait to see it and see you guys on here again!!!:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Hi, bk and um. Are you both going to join the repeat Killing thread?
    I'm gutted I'll be on a Greek island from 21st for a week!! Sad, I know, but I can't wait to see it and see you guys on here again!!!:o:o

Lucky girl. Don't forget the suntan lotion and toilet rolls:p:p

Will you be PVRing the eps to catch up? I'll definitely be joining the rewatch thread. Even if I'm on my own.:o
  • Options
    m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching the US remake of The Killing at Channel 4 pace, which is due to finish late September.

I want to watch the original, but don't want the US version spoiled.

Therefore, should I wait to finish Season 1 before watching the original? Also given the ending of Season 1 of the US version, should I wait even longer?

Ta.
    You should be alright for next week, when they are showing the first 3 (hourly) eps on BBC4. You will still be well behind the AMC version when they have aired.It's worth watching those eps just to get a feel for the characters and style. Although it is fairly similar in plot to the AMC version to begin with, there are noticeable differences. But the AMC version does eventually diverge from the Danish one as far as plot goes and not for the better IMO.The FBI Al Qaeda raid just aired on CH 4 is one glaring example of the differences between the 2 versions, That was a very poor and clichéd idea.by the AMC team, and thankfully the original didn't go down that Americanized route..
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope I'm in the right thread for this as there seem quite a lot of threads for this but no posts in the last few days. :confused: (Am avoiding the one for those who saw it 1st time around as it apparantly includes spoilers).

I didn't watch it when it was shown earlier in the year but have heard so many good things about it that I thought I would give it a go. Am now totally hooked - one of the best things I've seen on TV for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Thanks, that's good news then, it'll make it much easier for me to keep up with all these episodes if I can watch them all once a week on iPlayer.

Just a technical note. I set these to DL using iPlayer on my PC with series link enabled. So far SL hasn't worked for me. Have had to DL them manually. Also they have an expiry date of one month at first. So ep 3 is valid until 23rd September. If you try and watch the episode(even if you just view the BBC trailer at the start) this expiry date changes- to 6 days, and then counts down until they will become unwatchable?
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's odd. According to the results on the "search" page, the episodes are series linked, but each one has an individual expiry date of a week. There used to be a messageboard for questioning problems like this, but that's been "cut back"... :(

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's odd. According to the results on the "search" page, the episodes are series linked, but each one has an individual expiry date of a week. There used to be a messageboard for questioning problems like this, but that's been "cut back"... :(

K

Looks like they are treating each episode as a separate item, and not implementing the 13 episode ''buffer'' rule like they did before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Looks like they are treating each episode as a separate item, and not implementing the 13 episode ''buffer'' rule like they did before.

Could this be because the 13episode buffer could harm DVD sales and the UK DVD-rights holder Arrow Films may have not wished the 13 episode buffer to apply.
    By only allowing a week, anyone who misses it then has no other option than to obtain the DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could this be because the 13episode buffer could harm DVD sales and the UK DVD-rights holder Arrow Films may have not wished the 13 episode buffer to apply.
    By only allowing a week, anyone who misses it then has no other option than to obtain the DVD.

If you don't watch the eps that have been DLd then the expiry date is a month from the date of downloading(That's what's showing so far). It's only when you watch them that the 7 day countdown to expiry kicks in and takes over(even if you only watch a few seconds the date changes). This is what is happening if you use the iPlayer App on a PC. I don't know what the situation is if you DL using the WMP option.

The DVD sale angle you mention may have some truth in it. I suppose the BBC have to get permission from the rights holders to put stuff on iPlayer. And the conditions of usage will have to be negotiated in that deal.

The price for the DVDs have remained the same on sites like Amazon. I know many FMs said they wouldn't pay £40 for them and would wait until the price dropped. And that hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What we haven't had, to complete the picture, is many people that watched the US version first, then watching and commenting on the Danish version.

QUOTE]

I started with the US version, having missed the Danish one. And now I appear to be watching them both at the same time. They're both good but I find the acting on the Danish superior. However, the chemistry between the American detectives is amazing and I far prefer them. The Swedish actor playing Holder is just fab and has really nailed that Seattle grunge ex-druggie look.