Strictly Come Dancing 2013: The Next Series

MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's me, again! I know I've tried (and failed) to do one of these 'big' series' may times before, but I'm actually determined to finish this one. I will complete it, even if it takes me a year, that's how determined I am to finsh at least on of these bloomin' things! :D

I'm hoping for the first show to be next Saturday, so I'll be posting rumours, announcing the cast and doing the launch show during the week. :)

Comments

• MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy star Miranda Hart and her sitcom sidekick Sarah Hadland are the first names to be rumoured for the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The duo, who star in popular BBC One sitcom 'Miranda', have both reportedly been flooded with offers since the third series of the show's success.

"The show really took off this year," a source told The Sun "It was popular before but after it returned after it's brief hiatus it was constantly bring in millions of viewers."

"Producers are hoping that signing up Miranda and Sarah will open Strictly up to an audience who wouldn't usually watch."

"They're both up for anything so producers are hoping that they'll be providing some great laughs as well as some hopefully great dancing."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popstar Conor Maynard has signed a contract to appear on the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing, The Sun can exclusively reveal.

The 'Can't Say No' singer, who has been labelled as the UK's answer to Justin Bieber, will be taking to the dancefloor this year after signing a deal worth around £50 000.

"Conor's young, he's good looking, he's current and he's got a huge fanbase," a source told the newspaper.

"The producers have struck gold by signing Conor."

The new series will begin soon, with comedienne Miranda Hart and Sarah Hadland already rumoured to be appearing.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Wait Conor. Sarah and Miranda? Like you want me to die of happiness
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Wait Conor. Sarah and Miranda? Like you want me to die of happiness

Damn it, you discovered my plan. :(;)
    Forum Member
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Damn it, you discovered my plan. :(;)

Sneaky ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Hauer and Robin Windsor have both been axed from the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing, it has been revealed.

Hauer, who was partnered with Westlife’s Nicky Byrne last year, was give the chop after failing to impress the producers of the show.

“Karen’s a lovely girl but her choreography was not up to scratch, and in a dancing programme good choreography is vital.” a source said.

Windsor, who got to fifth place with Lisa Riley, was given his marching orders after a number of backstage rows with producers.

"The producers weren't happy with Robin's same-y choreography," the source said "Producers asked him to mix it up a bit and Robin told them he was the professional dancer, not them."
    Forum Member
    It's like you want me to die of sadness
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cast reveal tonight. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cast of Strictly Come Dancing 2013: The Next Series has been announced.

EastEnders veteran June Brown and 70's popstar Jimmy Osmond lead this years cast.

Joining them are Holby City's Lauren Drummond, Daybreak's Matt Barbet and Emmerdale's Tom Lister.

Miranda star Sarah Hadland, popstars Conor Maynard and Gabriella Cilmi, and soul singer turned CBBC presenter Dionne Bromfield will also be strutting their stuff on the dancefloor.

Labour politician Diane Abbott, Diversity star and Got To Dance judge Ashley Banjo and television presenter Dale Winton are also taking part.

Closing this years star studded line-up is Grease's very own Olivia Newton-John and Olympic diver Chris Mears.

The launch show will be on Thursday at 8 PM.
    Forum Member
    Toni :D great line up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The launch show may be tonight but I'm not sure yet, it depends whether or not I can fit it in around my Big Brother game's final. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The launch will be tonight, just writing it up now. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Performances
    The professionals open the show with a Cha-Cha-Cha to Kiss You by One Direction!
    This year’s newbies Anya Garnis and Shem Jacobs dance the Waltz whilst Kylie Minogue performs Flower!
    The cast of 2013 close the show with a group dance to I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston!

Couples

June Brown will be swapping the Square for the dancefloor with… James Jordan!
    Olivia Newton-John’s partner is definitley the one that she wants, it’s Pasha Kovalev!
    Lauren Drummond will be hoping not to cause any causalties with… Brendan Cole!
    Dionne Bromfield is hoping she’ll remember the steps with… Artem Chigvintsev!
    Diane Abbott will be dancing with… Anton du Beke!
    Sarah Hadland will be having a laugh with… Vincent Simone!
    Gabriella Cilmi is on a mission to win with… Shem Jacobs!

Conor Maynard will be aiming for number one with… Flavia Cacace!
    Matt Barbet won’t be having any breaks from training with… Aliona Vilani!
    Tom Lister is aiming to be the king of the dancefloor with… Anya Garnis!
    Dale Winton is in it to win it with… Kristina Rihanoff!
    Jimmy Osmond’s long haired lover from Liverpool is actually from New Zealand, it’s Erin Boag!
    Chris Mears will be making a splash with… Ola Jordan!
    Ashley Banjo has got to dance with… Natalie Lowe!

Judges comments:

Craig Revel Horwood: Great cast, I’m hoping they live up to my expectations!
    Darcey Bussell: Last year the standard of dance was so high, I’m hoping this lot can do even better!
    Len Goodman: I’ve actually heard of them all, which is a pleseant surprise!
    Bruno Tonioli: Wow… so many hotties this year! I hope their dancing is just as hot as their faces!

That's it for tonight, but join us on Saturday when our couples will tackle either the CHA-CHA-CHA or the WALTZ. Until then, keeeeep dancing!
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    OMG. Love your line up :) x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aretha Franklin
    Candi Staton
    Doris Day
    James Morrison
    Kelly Rowland
    One Direction
    Owl City
    P!nk
    Rihanna
    Roberta Flack
    Take That
    Scissor Sisters
    Snow Patrol

Any guesses? Remember that the couples will be dancing either the CHA-CHA-CHA or the WALTZ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG. Love your line up :) x

Thanks. :)

I tried to get someone for everyone in there. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random fact for you; Sharon Osbourne, Billie Piper and Tim Lovejoy were in the original line-up. :D
    Forum Member
    Random fact for you; Sharon Osbourne, Billie Piper and Tim Lovejoy were in the original line-up. :D

Great names as well :) x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great names as well :) x

Stop with the flattery! :D

Seriously though, thanks. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-show odds will be posted at midnight. (if I can stay awake that long. :o)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olivia Newton John is currently the bookies favourite to win this year's Strictly Come Dancing, with the press dubbing her Strictly's own Jennifer Grey. Some websites are offering odds as short as 5/2 on Newton-John winning this series.

Got To Dance judge Ashley Banjo is currently second favourite with odds of 4/1, and popstar Conor Maynard isn't far behind with odds currently standing at 5/1.

Lauren Drummond and Gabriella Cilmi are the next favourites at 10/1, closely followed by Dionne Bromfield at 12/1.

Olympic diver Chris Mears is next with odds of 15/1, followed by Emmerdale's Tom Lister with odds of 20/1, along with Sarah Hadland who's odds also stand at 20/1.

Singer Jimmy Osmond currently has odds of 25/1, followed by Daybreak's Matt Barbet at 30/1.

Dale Winton's and Diane Abbott's odds currently stand at 40/1, whilst June Brown is currently the bookies least favourite to win with odds at 75/1.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Lauren will be a dark horse :) Loved her in Waterloo Road :p
    Forum Member
    Stop with the flattery! :D

Seriously though, thanks. :)

Haha. Just telling the truth & no worries :D
    Forum Member