iPhone 6 with big screen (leaked pictures "allegedly")

Comments

• kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I have an iPhone :p

Then I'm not sure what your "fan" comment meant in the first post.

It could have been an interesting thread speculating on the iPhone 6 (I don't think the photos are real) but it has already been taken over by the "anti-apple" obsessives. :)
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    Started by a poster who appears to have no interest in apple, dominated by posts from posters who claim to have no interest by apple
    Actually I have an iPhone :p

:D I like that, how to make a **** of yourself 101.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    And problems started by an iphone fan. Again.

What problems?

Yeah, huge fan me. So much so, I don't own one:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    :D I like that, how to make a **** of yourself 101.

What are you talking about:confused:

Don't bother, I'm not interested.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    What problems?

Yeah, huge fan me. So much so, I don't own one:p

Not you!! :D

CP started the whole rubbish here again...
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is a lot of you have no life
    Forum Member

It could have been an interesting thread speculating on the iPhone 6 (I don't think the photos are real) but it has already been taken over by the "anti-apple" obsessives. :)

You should know that apparently people do buy phones with OS's they think are crap, one or two or here apparently ;-)
    What are you talking about:confused:
    Don't bother, I'm not interested.

If you ain't don't post at all :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    You should know that apparently people do buy phones with OS's they think are crap, one or two or here apparently ;-)

Fully aware of that. Not sure what you're trying to say:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would suggest that post 2 (to some extent) and post 9 (surprise, surprise) diverted this thread.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are some people who are snobbish fans. Im not just talking about internet forums like this. For example I know someone at work (woman in her 40s) who thinks anything that isn't made by Apple is just "cheap shite" even though they cost roughly the same.

I have an iPhone and a Samsung Galaxy. Having used both I much prefer the Galaxy. That's based on personal taste rather than loyalty to a particular brand.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if Apple do decide to release a "larger" iPhone, what will it solve?

The device will be coming 3 years too late and will seemingly do nothing new compared to the offerings from Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG etc. which have been out for ages.

They tried branching out with the 5C and it ended up being an unmitigated disaster. Apple isn't really the tower of luxury and fashion that it used to be. Samsung and HTC have definitely caught up in that respect. It just all seems a bit desperate. First the iPad Mini release, despite years of the company rubbishing 7" tablets, and now strong rumours of a large display iPhone, again amidst a long train of negative comments towards large display mobile devices.

I'm not sure the device will be received that well. Of course I could be wrong, just as those predicting success for the 5C were, however, I can't see the device being that convincing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

The device will be coming 3 years too late and will seemingly do nothing new compared to the offerings from Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG etc. which have been out for ages.

They tried branching out with the 5C and it ended up being an unmitigated disaster. Apple isn't really the tower of luxury and fashion that it used to be. Samsung and HTC have definitely caught up in that respect. It just all seems a bit desperate. First the iPad Mini release, despite years of the company rubbishing 7" tablets, and now strong rumours of a large display iPhone, again amidst a long train of negative comments towards large display mobile devices.

I'm not sure the device will be received that well. Of course I could be wrong, just as those predicting success for the 5C were, however, I can't see the device being that convincing.

It is an interesting question, as I've tried to find out a couple of times whether larger screen phones outsell small screen phones, but it is a very difficult piece of market data to get hold of.

I'm sure they will believe there is a market of a larger screen iphone
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »

I tend to agree with the onset of flexible screens etc just going large now does seem very dated. Does make you wonder how long Apple customers will accept being so far behind the curve.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sort of thing that gets peddled here? Yes, by people like you!

That's not how it starts actually. What happens is, someone like me says they prefer a larger screen, apple user comes along, slates said bigger screen saying retina is the best and how you cant use a larger screen with one hand (which is nonsense), text can be unreadable (which is nonsense) then the rest kicks off.

As for apple fans don't change their minds based on what apple does, yes, yes they do. Card reader in mac springs to mind. then of course the larger screen on the 5, MMS after them slating it saying email was just as good...

Gets peddled here by people like me?

Give me one example where I have ever claimed something was perfect, and later claimed something contradictory when Apple changed something?

Just one.

What actually usually happens is that someone slates the iPhone because of its smaller screen, and some people say they prefer it as they find it suits them just fine, and that is misinterpreted as saying that the iPhone screen is "the best".

And no - people don't say they (literally) can't use a larger screen with one hand. They say that for them, they find larger screens more uncomfortable and inconvenient to use one handed.

And no - that's not nonsense, because people have different sized hands, and different preferences.

And that in a nutshell sums up the difference in the two sides of these discussions - one side expresses a personal preference, and the other dismisses their opinion as nonsense, in apparent disbelief that they might have a different preference to someone else, and misinterprets it as a dismissal of their opinion, when it rarely is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It probably started around post 1, which sarcastically wondered what the fans would think of this Innovation.
  • rob1973rob1973 Posts: 4,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an Apple part.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think large displays were advantageous before tablets took off, but now I struggle to see a use for anything bigger than 5inches at a push if you have a 7/8 inch tablet.

I'd agree with this. I have my tablet with me most of the time, so a larger screen phone is unnecessary for my uses. The size of my Nexus 4 screen is about as big as I'd like to go for a phone.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a picture of phone chassis only , what is there to conclude it is an IP chassis ?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd agree with this. I have my tablet with me most of the time, so a larger screen phone is unnecessary for my uses. ...
    Exactly why I claimed ages back Apple has been reticent about phabets.

Lots of people can get away with carrying the likes of the Note instead of both a smartphone and tablet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Exactly why I claimed ages back Apple has been reticent about phabets.

Lots of people can get away with carrying the likes of the Note instead of both a smartphone and tablet.

Except for when you hold it up to your ear and look look a tube:)
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One point about bigger screen phones, I do see quite a few old ladies using them. I wonder if they're popular with that particular group because they're easier for people with eyesight issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One point about bigger screen phones, I do see quite a few old ladies using them. I wonder if they're popular with that particular group because they're easier for people with eyesight issues.

That could explain why they gave the note 3 that strange faux leather back.. To make it look like a purse. :)
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    It probably started around post 1, which sarcastically wondered what the fans would think of this Innovation.

Apple like to coo about how Innovative they are :p

Apple did not invent the portable music player, nor did they invent the touchscreen, they didn't invent the Smartphone either, they didn't invent the tablet, same goes for the home computer.

Apple are good at marketing and breeding brand loyalty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apple did not invent the portable music player, nor did they invent the touchscreen, they didn't invent the Smartphone either, they didn't invent the tablet, same goes for the home computer.

The words invent and innovate are not the same.

You are right, they are good at marketing and brand loyaly. I assume there is a reason for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When they think they've been innovative.

I doubt you actually believe that if they released the size of the iPhone's screen they would claim that was an innovation. Or that any "Apple fan" would claim it was innovative.

In which case why suggest that they would? Why put words in people's mouths that almost certainly are not there?

And no, that's not a rhetorical question.

You are confusing innovation with invention.

Apple did not invent the portable music player, but they did not claim to have invented the portable music player.

Apple did not invent the touchscreen, but they did not claim to have invented the touchscreen.

Nor did they claim to invent the smartphone.

Or the tablet.

Or the home computer.

So what was your point again?