Options

I think it's time for Chelsea Fox to return.

StubeStube Posts: 16,839
Forum Member
✭✭
Denise is in danger of becoming a background character again in my opinion and I think a daughter returning would be the best option to give her character more life. I've always liked Chelsea as a character and feel she was slightly underused during her stint on the show. Now with the likes of Shabnam and Dean returning, it'd be interesting to build up that social group again.

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At some point I wouldn't mind. Utterly ridiculous the way she was written out and yes Denise is underused.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    And Libby, possibly Jordan as well but I'd want all three recasted.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Yes. Bring back Chelsea! and Libby! if not for long then at least for the beale storyline - it would be nice to have people besides Kim to pick up the pieces
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have no problem with that really. I think Chelsea was actually a fairly decent character when given things to do and it'd tie in nicely with Deano coming back too.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree actually about Jordan. He should come back too. He'd be at least 18 by now surely so it'd be nice to see him interact with Denise as an adult. They had quite a nice relationship if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see the point in her returning, she always played second fiddle to Stacey anyway and it wouldn't be any different this time around. If they changed her character and turned her into a real bitch then perhaps I could see a role for her, a bit like how Corrie turned Todd since he returned.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea can return but no thanks to Libby and especially Jordan.
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too many returns at the moment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I can't see the point in her returning, she always played second fiddle to Stacey anyway and it wouldn't be any different this time around. If they changed her character and turned her into a real bitch then perhaps I could see a role for her, a bit like how Corrie turned Todd since he returned.

Second fiddle to Stacey? What show were you watching? She was quite the bitch at times...
    Bobby_Marz wrote: »
    too many returns at the moment

I never understand these comments. So what if a character returns, what threat does that pose to the show?
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second fiddle to Stacey? What show were you watching? She was quite the bitch at times...

I never understand these comments. So what if a character returns, what threat does that pose to the show?

Well sometimes bringing back old characters can ruin them for the worst. Sharon's a good example of this.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought axing Chelsea was a mistake.

She may not have been the most likable character on the show but her relationship with her mum was a interesting one and I feel EE only tapped on the surface with Chelsea. They were more interested in Stacey at the time and she was left in the background.

Having Chelsea return would be a good way of rebuilding the Foxs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    Well sometimes bringing back old characters can ruin them for the worst. Sharon's a good example of this.

But in a long running drama its only plausible for old faces to return and in Sharon's case she's got years to make-up for the misery that was the 2012 patch - thats the good thing about soaps the characters aren't all-rounded, they're always a work in progress and its good to see them grow, develop and change - so its nice for characters to return to give the audience another chapter of their life story, in my opinion.
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I always thought axing Chelsea was a mistake.

She may not have been the most likable character on the show but her relationship with her mum was a interesting one and I feel EE only tapped on the surface with Chelsea. They were more interested in Stacey at the time and she was left in the background.

Having Chelsea return would be a good way of rebuilding the Foxs.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Tiana who played Chelsea quit. Libby was axed, and Jordan. But not Chelsea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it only myself that sees absolutely no point or purpose to Denise any more? In my opinion, she doesn't add any significant value and the show wouldn't suffer without her. In my opinion, she is only in the show still to keep up the BBC quota of ethnic minorities in the show.
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I thought Chelsea was already returning for some reason
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon_P1 wrote: »
    Is it only myself that sees absolutely no point or purpose to Denise any more? In my opinion, she doesn't add any significant value and the show wouldn't suffer without her. In my opinion, she is only in the show still to keep up the BBC quota of ethnic minorities in the show.

I don't quite see it the same way. I think it's more a situation of a good character being horribly underused. I think there is still a place for Denise, but she needs to be given some good material. Also, I don't think she's still there because she's a minority, I think she's still there because Diane Parish is far to good an actress to let go.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't stand Chelsea. Wouldn't mind seeing Libby again though.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I don't quite see it the same way. I think it's more a situation of a good character being horribly underused. I think there is still a place for Denise, but she needs to be given some good material. Also, I don't think she's still there because she's a minority, I think she's still there because Diane Parish is far to good an actress to let go.

This!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon_P1 wrote: »

Well, there's always got to be one poster like this....

What does "the bbc quota of ethnic minorities" have to do with anything?

What significant value do, Cora Cross, Jake Stone and Jay Brown add? Or Phil Mitchell, Sharon, or Dot...

They all don't seem to have a reason to be in the square, what BBC quota are they sticking around for??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Denise is in danger of becoming a background character again in my opinion and I think a daughter returning would be the best option to give her character more life. I've always liked Chelsea as a character and feel she was slightly underused during her stint on the show. Now with the likes of Shabnam and Dean returning, it'd be interesting to build up that social group again.

Didn't Denise say her daughters (Chelsea and Libby) would be returning for her wedding?

That's if there turns out to be a wedding, of course (which is less likely by the day and with Ian's daughter Lucy out in the way she is he wouldn't be interested in getting married any time soon, surely).
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,540
    Forum Member
    I think Denise does need an extra family member/ allies.

However I think that should be after the whole wedding debacle with Ian plays out and Lucy's exit.

Otherwise she's just going to wind up in the b and b with Patrick forever :D
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love for Chelsea to return IF Tina Benjamin playing her she was amazing the first time round! The only other character i would like to see return for Patrick and to give him more stuff to do is Youlande!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see them get close to the wedding, but not actually go through with it - and soon... before you-know-what happens in spring..
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I agree actually about Jordan. He should come back too. He'd be at least 18 by now surely so it'd be nice to see him interact with Denise as an adult. They had quite a nice relationship if I remember correctly.

whatever happenned to him anyway i remember when his dad went to jail he was still living with denise i cant remember what happenned after that tho.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    whatever happenned to him anyway i remember when his dad went to jail he was still living with denise i cant remember what happenned after that tho.

He went to live with his Auntie Gloria. :)