Options

L'Wren Scott, Mick Jagger's girlfriend, commits suicide

Comments

• Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Very sad news indeed! My friends in Australia were looking forward to the Rolling Stones on Saturday night, don't think that will be happening now either. RIP
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I've just come home to this news. Incredibly sad. I can't imagine how Mick and the rest of the family must be feeling.

:(
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Obviously a very troubled woman, but what an awful thing to do to her assistant. If true of course
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Why on earth did she text her assistant and ask her to go round? Did she want to be rescued?
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why after 13 years being together she wanted to commit suicide with everything going for her.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for the person that found her
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Couldn't Mick have helped her out?

Debt isn't so bad, just ask Kerry Katona.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth did she text her assistant and ask her to go round? Did she want to be rescued?

Or perhaps so her body would be found quickly.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »

How very sad if that was part of the reason. It's interesting that some of the older generation tend to have this utter shame regarding money problems & sometimes take devastating steps such as suicide. Then you've got the young z-listers selling interviews about their bankruptcy, declaring themselves bankrupt a few times over etc.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sad. I didn't realise she had so many problems going on behind the scenes.

If it was in any way due to the debt, these things can be resolved somehow.

Perhaps the reasons why run even deeper than that.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Upon reading the DM article on the shocking demise of L'Wren Scott, it was stated that Mick Jagger knew of his girlfriend's financial woes and had offered to help her out but L'Wren turned down his offer. This, I find hard to believe as we should remember that Mick Jagger is quite notoriously mean with his fortune, given this example:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2295546/Mick-Jagger-furious-Jerry-Hall-airs-money-woes.html

It's all quite sad to hear this tragic & needless demise of L'Wren Scott caused by her rumoured bankruptcy. RIP.
  • Options
    lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    She looks much older than late 40s in the later pictures of her. I suspect she was seriously unwell.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Upon reading the DM article on the shocking demise of L'Wren Scott, it was stated that Mick Jagger knew of his girlfriend's financial woes and had offered to help her out but L'Wren turned down his offer. This, I find hard to believe as we should remember that Mick Jagger is quite notoriously mean with his fortune, given this example:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2295546/Mick-Jagger-furious-Jerry-Hall-airs-money-woes.html

It's all quite sad to hear this tragic & needless demise of L'Wren Scott caused by her rumoured bankruptcy. RIP.

I can see Jagger's point about wanting his children to stand on their own feet without his financial help but I can also see Jerry's point and he should relinquish his share in their mansion so she can sell it and downsize .

I'm puzzled how his g/f L' Wren was in so much debt when she appeared to be successful with a lot of big names as her clients .

I will never understand why some people are too proud to receive financial help from those close to them . I bet Mick will have the guilt of her death with him till the end .
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »

I'm sure he'd much prefer to lose a small percentage of his fortune and keep his lady alive
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the news report immediately thought of Philip Seymour Hoffman again - though his drug overdose wasn't suicide - which this apparently was.

The trial and tribulations of money, power and fame and the pressure of it hmmm in particularly money and debts in L'Wren Scott's case - absolutely tragic IMO -

As was in the news report what an appalling conclusion to what an incredible life - the body being driven away from her apartment in the back of a coroner's van, in the way that it was.

RIP.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    900 L'Wren headlines crammed in and among the Karcrashians at the DM today, as if we all knew her.

No thank you. Poor lady, I feel bad for her but no, I don't need to see Mick's tortured face over and over and dissect the logistics of WHY the 'love of his life' did it.

Leave them alone.

Clarissa, who was neither young, sexy or part of the DM's fashion-obssesion, has barely been mentioned in comparison.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it very tasteless (but not surprising) that the press were there to capture photos of Mick Jagger's face the moment he learned of her death. Reminds me of when the were waiting outside Liam Neeson's house on the day his wife died. Vultures.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I find it very tasteless (but not surprising) that the press were there to capture photos of Mick Jagger's face the moment he learned of her death. Reminds me of when the were waiting outside Liam Neeson's house on the day his wife died. Vultures.

It wasnt.. do you think theyw ould have let The Sun know before he was told?
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    How very sad if that was part of the reason. It's interesting that some of the older generation tend to have this utter shame regarding money problems & sometimes take devastating steps such as suicide. Then you've got the young z-listers selling interviews about their bankruptcy, declaring themselves bankrupt a few times over etc.

This is an interesting point. You are right that older people do feel ashamed when they lose their jobs, homes, income etc. It's something to do with it being part of your identity and the old ingrained work ethic.

Do you really think that younger people (under 35) don't feel the same way because they are young or because of some change in attitudes? Of course if you are young there is always hope that you can rebuild your life.
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If faced with a choice between accepting financial help and killing yourself, how many people would turn down the help and opt for death instead? None, I'd have thought. So either no help was available, or L'Wren had some other more serious reason for committing suicide, IMO.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    This is an interesting point. You are right that older people do feel ashamed when they lose their jobs, homes, income etc. It's something to do with it being part of your identity and the old ingrained work ethic.

Do you really think that younger people (under 35) don't feel the same way because they are young or because of some change in attitudes? Of course if you are young there is always hope that you can rebuild your life.

I put it down to a change in attitudes but not sure what brought that about. Maybe going bankrupt is simpler these days than it once was, not sure. Soon after I posted yesterday there was a programme on C5 and the bailiff made the same point,, said it was post 50s that still had the shame associated with bankruptcy but to the younger generations it was just one of those things. I suppose the latter is a healthier attitude in a way, although still worrying.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Dimsie wrote: »
    If faced with a choice between accepting financial help and killing yourself, how many people would turn down the help and opt for death instead? None, I'd have thought. So either no help was available, or L'Wren had some other more serious reason for committing suicide, IMO.

I would think L'Wren was sadly a very troubled lady. From my limited knowledge, some people suffering with depression (if this was the case) are experts at covering it up.

Perhaps her financial worries were just enough to push her over the edge completely, who knows. All in all, a very sad outcome:(
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    bookaddict wrote: »

Completely agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    It wasnt.. do you think theyw ould have let The Sun know before he was told?

They were probably waiting outside to take photos anyway, they wouldn't have known what he'd just been told.
    Awful to publish them though.