No announcement yet :'(

Comments

• AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the issue is the sheer amount of money Endemol are demanding - it might well get 1.5 million viewers on another channel but it might not be enough to make a tidy profit
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    I think the issue is the sheer amount of money Endemol are demanding - it might well get 1.5 million viewers on another channel but it might not be enough to make a tidy profit

Plus it takes up large amounts of the schedule, can't really be repeated and has little potential for DVD sales as a whole series would be very expensive and a highlights disk would be too short.
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Plus it takes up large amounts of the schedule, can't really be repeated and has little potential for DVD sales as a whole series would be very expensive and a highlights disk would be too short.

Yeah, but DVD potential shouldn't be a problem for Sky1 considering they ran Dream Team for 10 years and hardly even repeated it never mind a DVD release.
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    emmetmcl wrote: »
    Yeah, but DVD potential shouldn't be a problem for Sky1 considering they ran Dream Team for 10 years and hardly even repeated it never mind a DVD release.

^this- Sky have income from Subscriptions, E4 hasn't since... ooh, BB6?

Of course, there's no promises that this extra income would fill the gap- Sky are increasingly releasing stuff on DVD, like their Pratchett adaptations and An Idiot Abroad.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just visited this thread hoping for some positive news. Sigh.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C5 got its arse kicked by both BBc3 and Film4 last night.
    we are talking toilet Central.I do wish the boss would stop messing around and just commit and trust the format.

BB just needs a home without any messing about from an overworried station and a live feed leave the rest to the format.
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a real long shot hoping Big Brother will be back in 2011.. I've kind of just accepted the fact that it probably won't be back until 2012 at the earliest, if it even does return..
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    As much as it pains me to say it, I do think that Big Brother is dead and buried.
    :(
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2011 is looking a bit remote now for some sort of return IMO

I say give it a year or 2 year rest as it is still fresh in people's minds to how bad it was and any return now will only draw comparisons

Let it rest for a while and then let it come back with a big much needed overhaul which Channel 4 failed to give it in the twilight years because they couldn't be bothered
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    2011 is looking a bit remote now for some sort of return IMO

I say give it a year or 2 year rest as it is still fresh in people's minds to how bad it was and any return now will only draw comparisons

Let it rest for a while and then let it come back with a big much needed overhaul which Channel 4 failed to give it in the twilight years because they couldn't be bothered

theres loads of stuff flying around on twitter.
    *most can be found under channel 5 big brother.

1.desmond himself is still wondering if the gamble is worth it.
    2.he wanted just an hour show with little coverage (live).
    3.endemol were demanding basically the same about of money they had from c4 (that i do believe)

I just think as fans we all deserve to know endemol dropped enough hints that last 2 weeks to make people think this wasnt the end.now they go all silent on us.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBUK is dead and gone. It'll not be back this side of 2015.
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member

i hope it's back before 2029 as an asteroid is gonna obliterate the earth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope it's back before 2029 as an asteroid is gonna obliterate the earth

If it's not back by 2029, I think we can safely assume it'll never be back :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hi mate I hope you are keeping okay xx

theres one massive factor in all this come the newyear/summer his mags.and ofc the daily star arent going to have Big brother filling up its pages.

most of his papers mags,would give big brother nearly all the summer *and it must have been paying off because they carried on.

maybe its not only C4 need a summer without big brother but all those 1 pound trashy mags that seem to thrive on anything BB related.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's not back by 2029, I think we can safely assume it'll never be back :p

Doctor Who fans already know it will be back in the year 202005. On Channel 44000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    hi mate I hope you are keeping okay xx

theres one massive factor in all this come the newyear/summer his mags.and ofc the daily star arent going to have Big brother filling up its pages.

most of his papers mags,would give big brother nearly all the summer *and it must have been paying off because they carried on.

maybe its not only C4 need a summer without big brother but all those 1 pound trashy mags that seem to thrive on anything BB related.

I think Desmond is weighing up the cost of buying BB against the amount he can make from advertising and the endless BB-related stories in his mags and paper. Five years ago he'd have bought it like a shot...but the BBUK franchise is seen as damaged goods/old hat these days...and he's (rightly, IMHO) not happy to pay a huge price for it. Considering Endemol are on course to make nothing at all, you would have thought they'd have accepted a reduced offer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Desmond is weighing up the cost of buying BB against the amount he can make from advertising and the endless BB-related stories in his mags and paper. Five years ago he'd have bought it like a shot...but the BBUK franchise is seen as damaged goods/old hat these days...and he's (rightly, IMHO) not happy to pay a huge price for it. Considering Endemol are on course to make nothing at all, you would have thought they'd have accepted a reduced offer.

yep Endemols role in all this stinks,there was a steady raft of rumours/stories then it all dried up.

I do think though juding by how some of his publications thrive on BB through the summer its going to hammer certain sections of the media because it was just mindless pap with all the real worries people face it was perfect to switch off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, as it's already been said, that CH5 are going to announce their line-up in January.

I'm not expecting anything to be honest, I don't see why anyone would pick Big Brother up again after it's "death' in the summer. I genuinely believe that C4 did all they could to make sure that no one would pick it up again with that "R eye P" thing!

I hope a channel starts airing the US version or something :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it'll be back in 2-3 years.

Though I wonder if there's any hope of anyone airing BB USA this summer.
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be cool if CBS Reality aired it.
    Presumably they could the rights easily enough.
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We have absolutely no idea what Desmond/Channel 5's real attitude to BB is, or Endemol for that matter. Like any other business deal the negotiations will have been carried out in strict secrecy with confidentiality agreements, no doubt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    birdsong wrote: »
    We have absolutely no idea what Desmond/Channel 5's real attitude to BB is, or Endemol for that matter. Like any other business deal the negotiations will have been carried out in strict secrecy with confidentiality agreements, no doubt.

God help the Daily star next summer.
    I guess its going to be Jordan all the way..
    when you think how many BB related stories are on the front page they will feel it the most.

its just really sad we endedup in a situation everyone assumed from the noises being made BB was just ending on C4 to be restarted on C5.

its quite clear now both endemol and C5 totally rushed ahead of how far along the talks were and when they got down to the process of agreeing it wasnt going to happen.

sky1 is dying on its arse,C4 and C5 are struggling yet everyone is ignoring the fact both BB11 and UBB/CBB did very well ratings wise that wasnt a format in terminal decline.
    BB is still going to be one of C4's highest rated shows of the year.
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    God help the Daily star next summer.
    I guess its going to be Jordan all the way..
    when you think how many BB related stories are on the front page they will feel it the most.

its just really sad we endedup in a situation everyone assumed from the noises being made BB was just ending on C4 to be restarted on C5.

its quite clear now both endemol and C5 totally rushed ahead of how far along the talks were and when they got down to the process of agreeing it wasnt going to happen.

sky1 is dying on its arse,C4 and C5 are struggling yet everyone is ignoring the fact both BB11 and UBB/CBB did very well ratings wise that wasnt a format in terminal decline.
    BB is still going to be one of C4's highest rated shows of the year.

With respect, I think you missed the point of my post. We know nothing. Tales of how talks have faltered and about the money involved could all easily have been red herrings. C5 and Endemol aren't going to tell the public how things are really going.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    birdsong wrote: »
    With respect, I think you missed the point of my post. We know nothing. Tales of how talks have faltered and about the money involved could all easily have been red herrings. C5 and Endemol aren't going to tell the public how things are really going.

They'd have to announce auditions soon, though, unlesss they are doing a CBB in the summer to see how things go.
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    They'd have to announce auditions soon, though, unlesss they are doing a CBB in the summer to see how things go.

They could quite easily spring a surprise Celeb BB in January and then announce the auditions on the final.

*continues to grasp at straws*