Options

[GAME] The X Factor 20 Series 4, Grand Finale

Comments

• Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, that leaves us with Rumour Has It and Stephanie Nala. One of you is through to the final two and the other has finished In third place. I can now reveal the act who is through to the final two is......
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck Steve. :)

Now I've managed to do a Nicole once before, and as thrilled as I'd be with both of my groups being in the top 2, I don't think it's going to happen.
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, Eddy. Don't be too down on yourself, you've done great! :)

Thanks Connor :) In all honesty, I can't be too down because I've genuinely loved participating in this game. It's the best of all the forum games because of how vastly competitive it is. Twenty contestants is always going to be a challenge, and I love that.

Besides, I think this finishing position has perhaps confirmed that mentoring isn't my thing, and that I should go forwards in my plans of starting up my own game. Every cloud and all ;)
  • Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Thanks Connor :) In all honesty, I can't be too down because I've genuinely loved participating in this game. It's the best of all the forum games because of how vastly competitive it is. Twenty contestants is always going to be a challenge, and I love that.

Besides, I think this finishing position has perhaps confirmed that mentoring isn't my thing, and that I should go forwards in my plans of starting up my own game. Every cloud and all ;)

Ooooh keep me in mind :D I'd love to get back in the game :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What? Eddy, you are an amazing mentor - probably better than I was by my third game. Do whatever you wish though, I'll be keeping that Mix Factor seat warm for you in the meantime. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Stephanie Nala :)

Congratulations Steve! Who would have thought this a few weeks ago? You've matched your X Factor 20 personal best! Stephanie is through to the final two. However, that does mean that Rumour Has It have finished in 3rd place. Congratulations Rick! You've done such a great job with these girls! Considering they are barely known by the public, to take this act to the final shows how great your mentoring skills are. If you would, would you please present Rumour Has It and their farewell performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAAAAAAASSS Steph :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aw Eddy, don't give up on the mentoring. You've done fantastic, it'd be a shame to see you not mentor anymore. However, I'm sure you'd be a great host as well. :)
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT? :eek: OH MY GOSH!

I thought that was it for me...I can't believe it! :eek:

WOW! Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for voting Steph! :D:D:D

Massive commiserations to the girl group who I've backed from the start, but they have nothing to be ashamed of, they have been absolutely phenomenal! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Steve and Stephanie, very well deserved. This is so poetic, the two of us doing battle for one last time before we both quit mentoring. :cry:

I'm very pleased to have gotten Rumour Has It all the way to 3rd, it's genuinely beyond every single expectation I set for them at the start of the competition. To make it this far into the competition as a JH girl band in an era where people are getting a bit tired of seeing girl bands being mentored on these games is amazing, and I literally couldn't be any prouder of these girls. A big thank you to everyone who voted for them over the course of this competition.

Singing what would have been their winner's single, it's Rumour Has It with Kings by The Pierces.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TySVbwKixD8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just noticed this. :blush:

Don't say that Eddy, you have improved leaps and bounds. I would be honored to have you in one of my two games coming up. As for your own game, I am intrigued. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing ovation for RHI*

What a way to go, I love that song already! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, you have decided that either Only The Young or Stephanie Nala will be crowned the winner of THE X FACTOR 20

So, know it's time for our acts to perform what would be there winner's song. Now, this young lady was seen as the outsider a few weeks ago but has clawed herself back into the competition and cemented herself in the top two. Now, I can tell how much this means to her and she'll be hoping your votes secure her the crown. Ladies and Gentlemen, with her potential winner's single 'Giving Up', it's Stephanie Nala
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pto_MOylvEY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephanie Nala
    *standing ovation*

WOW! That was simply amazing, Steph. A winner's single to me is something that not only suits an act to a tee but also has great radio play potential, and this definitely achieved both of those goals. I'm so happy for you and your mentor that you've made it through to the final 2, and this performance showed everyone exactly why you deserve to be here. Basically, it's a battle between the consistently strong act and the underdog, and we all know the DS public love themselves an underdog. I remember saying in week 1 or 2 that you might win this, and look where you are now. Good luck in the final vote! :)
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I hate to sound as though I'm disinterested now I'm out of the running, but I'm being screamed at to go downstairs to watch The Apprentice finale. Family traditional ;) Bianca to win! Hopefully I'll get the result I want this time round.

As for the Winners Single, they're both bloody fantastic; seriously impressive. In fact, whilst I'm gutted to not be in your position Steve and Rick, I think your choices here really prove that actually, bias aside, you guys genuinely do deserve to be here.

I wish you both all the luck in the world <3 I won't say who I'm backing. As a panelist, I think it's important I now remain impartial. Connor, you'll have my ranks within the next two seconds.

Thanks for an amazing series, and I'll be back in an hour or so (however long The Apprentice is?). Looking forward to the ranking reveal, and of course, meeting The X Factor 20's final ever winner. Good luck again! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing ovation, with a tear*

Stephanie...I am still in shock, but here you are in the final two with that final performance! When I first chose you for my top 4 girls, I always believed that you had a spark that was waiting to be turned into a firecracker and ever since the first show, we have continued to get stronger over the course of the Series and despite a few bumps, we have never given up, we have fought and fought with every inch of our being to stay in and look at you now.

The song, the performance, the emotion, the story, everything was achieved to perfection and more. Whatever happens tonight, you have been one of the greatest acts I've ever got to mentor and I thank you so much for working very hard with me. It's out of my hands now, I love you girl and I want you have a long lasting career out of this one special moment. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fantastic performance from Stephanie Nala. Is she your winner? We shall see! Now, this young group have been consistent and fan favourites from the start. They've built up a bigger fanbase throughout the series and endured themselves to the voters and the judges alike. Here with what their winner's single will be 'Love Drunk', it's Only The Young
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mba-PSQS3Uc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

What can I say?! Guys and girls...well done for making the final two as you thoroughly deserve it. I remember back when you were chosen for the Top 4 groups and I knew that you would be in safe hands from the word go. From your first performance where I think you got off to a terrific start right up until this point, you have remaining a strong contender and as of last week, you could come out on top as the winner.

That song was the perfect choice and I would definitely buy that winners single if it came out in the stores. This was well worth the long wait and it was a perfect performance to close the final show with, whatever happens, you are going have to a career that'll last for a long time and I wish you four the best for the future. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only The Young
    *standing ovation on table*

YES YES YES! That was literally the perfect song for you to end your journey with. The fun factor, the chemistry, the vocals, the harmonies - EVERYTHING was there, all wrapped up in one fantastic, radio play-ready package. I could easily see this becoming a #1 hit for you guys. Flawless close to the show!

When I was selecting which groups to take to the live shows, you were naturally first in line. Not because you were easy to mentor, but actually because I wanted a challenge. I've had loads of fun picking songs for you, and even though we missed the mark once or twice I'd say you did a fantastic job with whatever you wee given. Never have I seen a group show this much versatility, which this performance just added to. Truly, it's been an absolute pleasure working with a group like this. Viewers, for one last time, please VOTE for OTY! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, that is it. The lines are now open. Only The Young or Stephanie Nala will be crowned the winner of The X Factor 20. It is now down to you. You can all vote again in this round. To vote, all you have to do is rank the acts from 2 (Fave) to 1 (Least Fave). All votes are carried through from the first vote freeze and the act who receives the most votes overall, will be crowned the winner.

Good luck to Rick and Steve. The lines will close at 10pm when the winner will be announced and the series voting stats will be revealed. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't you mention a group performance at the start of the show as well? :confused:

Anyway, best of luck Steve. Whoever wins tonight, they've deserved it through and through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    High-five! We really pulled out all the stops in that final round! :D

Best of luck to you as well, Rick, it's gonna be emotional when this is over. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Steph :D
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    #onlytheslay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't you mention a group performance at the start of the show as well? :confused:

Anyway, best of luck Steve. Whoever wins tonight, they've deserved it through and through.

Will be before the final result. :)