phill363 wrote: »
    really bad :p

Thank god for that. ;)
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    It must have some fans surely, otherwise how did it win? :confused:

i was very open in my love for hyperventilating. i think its a brilliant song (even though i gave my 12 to hetken tie in that competition)
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    A few more reviews:

Gotland - Not a massive fan of any of these. Orion is the best.

Greece - My absolute favourite Greek song this year was Giorgios Sampanis in Dublin, sad that didn't quite make it. Ilia Darlin was good too.

Greenland - Not a bad collection here, I liked Oh Land, Bjornskov and Paw & Lina. Really liked the Alphabeat and Benefits songs for Greenland as well this year.

Guernsey - Two absolutely brilliant songs here, Allo Le Monde would have been a worthy winner in Dublin and Spector was great too. Hard to choose between them.

Hungary - Hien was definitely my favourite for Hungary this year, I'd been hanging on to it and unfortunately someone else chose it first. There's not a bad song among the four, although would have liked to have seen Linda Kiraly in there too.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    Italy seems to be hardest to sort points for. At least three deserve to qualify from the 5 and with only 1 spot for them, its' going to be tough.

Italy had exactly the same problem last year. Elisa, Lost and Sonohra all deserved to go through. I said it at the time, and I stand by it now.
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austria is going to be a nightmare to vote in. Parov Stelar and Elija both getting my 12 points in finals, two brilliant songs and I love GuGabriel as well.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had a look while doing the Andorra list and my Andorran entry from the last contest should actually be on the list.

Lorena came 11th in a contest with 3 semis meaning she actually placed 31st-33rd overall. Venus were 10th in a contest with 3 semis which is 27th-30th. I was 13th in a contest with 2 semis which is 25th-26th. Lorena should be out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    I've just had a look while doing the Andorra list and my Andorran entry from the last contest should actually be on the list.

Lorena came 11th in a contest with 3 semis meaning she actually placed 31st-33rd overall. Venus were 10th in a contest with 3 semis which is 27th-30th. I was 13th in a contest with 2 semis which is 25th-26th. Lorena should be out.

Did we actually use that as the method? I thought it was the same as last time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Did we actually use that as the method? I thought it was the same as last time.

I have no idea on either point :D
    Forum Member

For the Wikia I did it on positions, it's the only real way you can do it. Every contest has different numbers of countries in each round.
    Forum Member
    In a fun bit of news, Saint Lu is participating in Germany's NF for 2013. "Don't Miss Your Own Life" was really underappreciated when it got entered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    For the Wikia I did it on positions, it's the only real way you can do it. Every contest has different numbers of countries in each round.

It's not the only real way at all. It only gets complicated when you're trying to compare quarter final drop outs. It was far more complicated last year because we had to account for automatic final qualifiers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a fun bit of news, Saint Lu is participating in Germany's NF for 2013. "Don't Miss Your Own Life" was really underappreciated when it got entered.

It's all about Nica and Joe.
    Forum Member
    Iceland - This is a one-horse race for me, nothing beats the first Thorunn Antonia song and that leotard... :p

Ireland - All solid enough songs. It feels less like summer for The Brilliant Things now but it should still qualify. I think Royseven is probably my favourite. McFadden and Goodrem was my favourite Irish song of the year, I didn't really think I'd love songs by them and Matt Cardle this year...

Isle of Man - It didn't do much in the final but Jay James Picton is still one of my absolute favourites that I've sent this year, I honestly thought he'd be starting to make a name for himself by now but it doesn't seem to have happened for whatever reason. The other three were good too, I liked that Sirens song, although I think Charli XCX might qualify.

Israel - I can't see anything beating Shiri here, a song that really grew on me. Always a bit puzzled how that Emmy Rossum song did so well.

Italy - Don't quite know how Marco Mengoni managed to qualify for this but I love the other four, all four were capable of winning, I don't understand how Italy still haven't won. No idea how I'm going to choose between my two songs here.

Jersey - Kyla La Grange was a deserved winner, I'd imagine that will get through easily here. Hope Rachel Adedeji is through too.
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, also, Il Mio Giorno Migliore > E L'Amore Che Conta.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member

We've been quite astute with Germany- Nica & Joe and Cascada are also taking part!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, also, Il Mio Giorno Migliore > E L'Amore Che Conta.

You're always ranting on about IMGM :p
    Forum Member
    We've been quite astute with Germany- Nica & Joe and Cascada are also taking part!

Not so sure about Nica & Joe... :p

Xavier Naidoo was picked in Malmo too.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    I'm disappointed Nica & Joe didn't save Build A Palace for their Eurovision entry ;)
    Forum Member
    You're always ranting on about IMGM :p

Don't get me started on Kaloresi i Nates then.
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The list looks fine to me :p
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jurga went through for Lithuania over another Vaidas last year. Both were 15th, but Jurga got more points. Plus she was in a bigger contest (number of contestants), so would have been further down the rankings overall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stanld03 wrote: »
    Jurga went through for Lithuania over another Vaidas last year. Both were 15th, but Jurga got more points. Plus she was in a bigger contest (number of contestants), so would have been further down the rankings overall.

No their positions were equal. 2 semis both years. I think the points were the decider.
    Forum Member
    Aland Islands - Eva is one of my favourite songs of the year, just a stunning ending. Laura Narhi was good too.

Albania - Surpised Kiril has made it, it was one of those songs I just entered because I liked it rather than any expectations of doing well. Miriam Cani was good, not too sure about the other two, sadly Rita Ora will qualify.

Algeria - Hope Playmate To Jesus wins this, a million miles better than any song Aqua have ever made. Khaled was quite a lively song too.

Andorra - Not a classic collection, Christophe Willem is probably the only one I really liked.

Armenia - Slightly preferred Sofi Mkheyan to Inga & Anush, but would expect it to be between those 2 to qualify.
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Estonia - This is between Maarja and Kerli for me. Maarja was my favourite Estonian entry this year, I think it got my 12 in Barcelona as well.

Faroe Islands - Wasn't gone on Electric Lady Lab in Copenhagen, do like it now though. Like the Bryan Rice entry as well.

Finland - All of the five entries could possibly make it through here I think

France - None really standing out for me here, Marie-Mai is my favourite of these

Germany - Would have liked if Unheilig and Jennifer Rostock were here as well. Mandy Capristo with closer my favourite of these entries.

Gotland - An easy one, Orion is the only one I kind of like.

Greece - Liked more of these entries than I had thought. Ilia Darlin and Demy the standouts here.

Greenland - Can't remember giving Greenland too many points this year, I think this one is between Oh Land and Björnskov

Guernsey - I love Spector and Pauline. I like the other two

Hungary - Two Hungarian finalists this year and none in this. It's been a very strong year for Hungary. Between Hien and Kati Wolf for me.

Iceland - Only one winner here, Thorunn Antonia and Too Late