Options

Did you find Craig from BB6 funny or disturbing? Should he of been removed?

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
I thought he was funny but we were not laughing with him we were laughing at him. The thing with Anferney was so disturbing though, the things he would say were not normal. He was even worse than I can remember. This video and the pictures underneath show him at his worst :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDajNp1G_c&feature=player_detailpage&t=1697

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Anarchist/media/BB6/Craig_Psycho.jpg.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Anarchist/media/CraigMaulsAnt.jpg.html

Comments

• Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as i can remember, was'nt he bullied a bit at the beggining, but that night with Anthony was quit sickening, to watch.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I found him funny to watch at the beginning but then it all turned a bit bad and wasnt nice to watch
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Should have gone in Week 1 over Mary.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have gone in Week 1 over Mary.

Disagree completely.

Craig's presence in BB6 was so important. Provided some of the most entertaining and disturbing scenes.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was brilliant TV for all the wrong reasons. Nearly everyone in that series was though tbh.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV gold having him pine after Anfony.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I really liked Craig at the beginning. When he was friendly with Vanessa. He was quite bitchy but very funny. He wasn't impressed with the other housemates and he made me laugh when he rolled his eyes and made comments about them. This all changed when he got some attention from that vile pair Maxwell and Saskia. He completely changed. He obviously saw himself as in the 'cool gang' with the aforementioned twosome and Anthony . The Anthony thing was uncomfortable to watch at times but sometimes hilarious. Craig was the kind of housemate I would love to see again. Not media savvy. He made some bad choices which he admitted to later, but, I think he was always himself, good or bad. He was always out there and didn't try to get through by hiding or behaving different from how he really was.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    TV gold having him pine after Anfony.

Having Craig perv over him certainly helped Anfernee to win
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was repulsive. BB should have at the very least warned him to change his behaviour and then chuck him out if he failed to do so. I remember someone on BBLB quite rightly claiming that if a man acted towards a woman the way Craig acted towards Anthony that it wouldn't be allowed, and then Dermot quickly changed the topic of conversation.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Craig Coates was one of the best housemates ever. His obsession with Anthony kept me entertained through the whole of series 6, as you never knew what would happen next, some of their arguments were hilarious. Anthony did encourage him though cos if he knew Craig had a thing for him why stay up late with him every night and spend so much time alone with him.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    Anthony did encourage him though cos if he knew Craig had a thing for him why stay up late with him every night and spend so much time alone with him.

Maybe because they were mates??

I'm no Anthony fan, he is my least favourite winner ever, but he did not encourage Craig to act the way he did!

If a woman hangs around a man who she knows likes her does that mean he has an invitation to fondle her when she's drunk?
  • Options
    AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found him hilarious at times, especially when he cried all the time. However, that night when Anthony was drunk and sick, I found him very possessive and clingy and completely lashed out at Eugene when Big Brother had told him to take care of Anthony.

I found Craig very two faced towards Makosi, constantly slagging her off, then being nice to her face, especially towards the end. However, I preferred Craig when friends with Vanessa and Lesley, he turned bitter when with Maxwell and Saskia clique.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both funny and disturbing!:D
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Having Craig perv over him certainly helped Anfernee to win

sure did .
    I hated anthony winning .
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was strangely compulsive viewing but I was glad he was evicted mid way through the final week and never made it to the finals.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Tiffani wrote: »
    Craig Coates was one of the best housemates ever. His obsession with Anthony kept me entertained through the whole of series 6, as you never knew what would happen next, some of their arguments were hilarious. Anthony did encourage him though cos if he knew Craig had a thing for him why stay up late with him every night and spend so much time alone with him.

He was my favourite BB6 HM and I'm glad he made it to the final week. I was a bit annoyed at him holding up the surprise eviction to put his eviction outfit on. When they do that, BB should take the time wasted out of their eviction interviews. ie, cut out their best bits montage.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness..... he was hilarious, cringey, entertaining and downright scary, but you know what? I loved him - he made that series with Anthony, who'm I also thought was hilarious! :D They're up there as the best HM's, IMO! :cool:
  • Options
    vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved him, he made that series for me!
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has just reminded me of his face when he was pleasuring himself - something I had hoped I had forgotten forever! Ugh!!
  • Options
    MrsCloumboMrsCloumbo Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found him very disturbing, unpleasant and uncomfortable viewing.
    I longed for him to be removed at the time.
    It sure as hell would not be allowed now, and very rightly so.
    I was amazed Antherny didn't, at the very least, punch him, or publicly shame him after watching the show back.
    The scenes where Antherny was completely drunk and vulnerable were obscene and shameful, in my opinion, and verged on sexual assault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsCloumbo wrote: »
    I found him very disturbing, unpleasant and uncomfortable viewing.
    I longed for him to be removed at the time.
    It sure as hell would not be allowed now, and very rightly so.
    I was amazed Antherny didn't, at the very least, punch him, or publicly shame him after watching the show back.
    The scenes where Antherny was completely drunk and vulnerable were obscene and shameful, in my opinion, and verged on sexual assault.

I'm watching BB6 back. What Day/Episode was this?
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I did notice that Anthony loved a wrestle around with Craig, not that it excused Craig's behaviour, but it probably wasn't the smartest decision on Anthony's part. I didn't see Anthony grapple like that with Maxwell when he was there.

I always felt kind of bad for Craig. He seemed to have no luck at all, usually it was kind of his fault, but I don't think he had a clue what he was doing:-
    -he had possibly the vilest entrance VT ever. He probably didn't even remember what he said as he was looking rather unaware when coming out of the car.
    -put up for eviction in the first week as part of a twist, was favourite to go but just managed to survive.
    -set up a comfortable clique for himself only for one of his friends to break the nomination discussion rule and put the whole house up, causing his other friend to get evicted. He was also put up for eviction this week, the second week in a row.
    -ditched Vanessa and started hanging out with Derek/Roberto. The 3 of them are then shown on the monitor bitching about Saskia, banned from nominating and humiliated infront of the house.
    -in a desperate attempt to improve his standing in the house, joins Saskia's clique becoming the whipping boy of Maxwell and Anthony, becoming a joke to the other housemates.
    -Saskia's clique go from untouchable to the outcasts and both Saskia/Maxwell get picked off, leaving Anthony/Craig looking a rather pathetic non-threatening duo.
    -goes through weeks of fawning over Anthony becoming a joke to the nation.
    -reaches the final week but receives a pathetic vote share to win, so pathetic that he's even beaten by Kinga who has been there less than two weeks.

I think the only positives to say are that he was a key character and made the final week without ever being properly nominated by his fellow housemates, so he can't be that bad to live with.
    Hopefully he grew from the experience.
  • Options
    MrsCloumboMrsCloumbo Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching BB6 back. What Day/Episode was this?

I couldnt tell you. But keep watching, it occurs, hope its not heavily edited out.
    One of BBs ugly lows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsCloumbo wrote: »
    I couldnt tell you. But keep watching, it occurs, hope its not heavily edited out.
    One of BBs ugly lows.

Found out! It was this episode. Uncomfortable indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIl8tjHxZWg
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig was one of the most loathsome HMs ever picked. He boasted in his VT that he liked to ruin lives, and at first (before distracted by his pursuit of Ant) he did his best to live up to that in the house by ganging up with Lesley (and Vanessa and others) to try to make Sam's life hell.

He should never have been picked at all, and it's truly sickening that he's now seen as a good HM.

The best result in week 1's eviction would have been Craig evicted and Mary walking, so that we'd be rid of both of them.
    I always felt kind of bad for Craig. He seemed to have no luck at all, usually it was kind of his fault, but I don't think he had a clue what he was doing:-
    -he had possibly the vilest entrance VT ever. He probably didn't even remember what he said as he was looking rather unaware when coming out of the car.
    -put up for eviction in the first week as part of a twist, was favourite to go but just managed to survive.
    -set up a comfortable clique for himself only for one of his friends to break the nomination discussion rule and put the whole house up, causing his other friend to get evicted. He was also put up for eviction this week, the second week in a row.

As if Vanessa was the only one breaking the rule.

But it's interesting that you think Craig set up the nasty clique rather than Leslah. That would make him even worse than I'd thought.
    -ditched Vanessa and started hanging out with Derek/Roberto. The 3 of them are then shown on the monitor bitching about Saskia, banned from nominating and humiliated infront of the house.

As if they were just bitching rather than colluding over nominations.

I think the only positives to say are that he was a key character and made the final week without ever being properly nominated by his fellow housemates, so he can't be that bad to live with.

He had a very negative effect on the house but usually let others do the more visible things that would draw nomination fire.