The Ratings Thread (Part 42)

1135136137138139141»

Comments

• Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Shane Richie was on Radio 2 last week and talked about the Eastenders Christmas storyline and said it would be on Christmas Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve Eve. Christmas Eve Eve is Sunday the 23rd.
    Maybe it'll provide a lead-in to the CTM xmas special.
    Dear ITV, WHEN IS CORONATION STREET ON. For heaven's sake.
    Tell me about it!
    So a year ago EEIC was 1.1m behind the second Corrie, but still won the Christmas Day overnights and the aggregated consolidateds (not my preferred measure, of course, but it did).

Last night it was 1.3m behind.

Are people perhaps getting a bit over excited?
    EE is an xmas tradition for many and it has a lot of good stuff coming up. The first Branning xmas since 2007 and we all know how that one rated. It won't match it, depends if it faces Downton how well it rates.
    jake lyle wrote: »
    TV3 have moved I'm a celeb to their digital channel 3e this year. It was the Xtra factor that was against Love/Hate on TV3.
    I know but most viewers have 3e after the digital switchover in October. The Toy show rates over 1m against it, I don't think IAC is as big in Ireland.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    I
    Oh, they've always done this, I might have to tell my story again about how only my course was left at university the week before Christmas in 1997 when everyone else had already gone home, and I was reduced to watching the likes of Animal Hospital and Police Academy 5. And when you used to have the new season starting in September all the thirteen-part series used to end in early December and it'd be films and filler for the rest of the month. I wonder if they might avoid doing anything big in December anyway because a) people are busier and b) it wouldn't get much publicity as people are already looking forward to the Christmas shows and the TV guides come out weeks in advance so everyone's forgotten about it when they're on. And ITV looks just as useless.

Indeed it is nothing new to have poor lineups in the run up to Christmas. It was just 2 years ago that the week on the run up to Christmas on BBC One included a New Tricks repeat, A Panorama special on Food Safety:rolleyes:, Jimmy's Food Factory, Nigel Slater and an awful comedy drama pilot-the Accidental Farmer.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Tango must be one of the dullest new dramas in years.

About the only interesting thing left in it for me is why the meeting in Skipton has been filmed in Hebden Bridge.

Yes, it's that dull....
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand this is a bit desperate but it's also quite interesting. ABC are claiming to be the #1 network in November excluding sports coverage. They have 4 of the top 10 non sports shows among adults 18-49.

I guess the point they are making is that their entertainment division is actually doing alright compared to their rivals who are boosted by massive rating NFL overruns (CBS/FOX), World Series Baseball (FOX) and mainly NBC's Sunday Night Football.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/11/20/abc-ranks-no-1-for-the-november-sweep-in-the-non-sports-adult-18-49-averages/158557/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's ok, we're in Skipton now.

That car chase must be the most interesting thing to happen there...
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62473922#post62473922
    This discussion has been closed.