The Secret of Shabs

jaanfxjaanfx Posts: 264
Forum Member
Anyone have any thoughts on what Shabnam's secret in EastEnders is and how she got the money?

I don't believe what she said about inherited. If that was true then she would have offered itch earlier when Masoods had money troubles or she could have used it or invested it. I think it's recent.

I have a feeling it's money from a sleeper terrorist cell. She's the treasurer. And she is in charge of it until they attack. I still feel she was radicalised.

Comments

• OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Didn't she become a pharmacist or wanted to be one or something? I think it may be something drug related
  • jaanfxjaanfx Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    You may have a point there. Pharmacists, drugs, money, Pakistan, over the top Muslim. She could be building a bio bomb. Chemical
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    jaanfx wrote: »
    You may have a point there. Pharmacists, drugs, money, Pakistan, over the top Muslim. She could be building a bio bomb. Chemical

Little extreme and not the point I was getting at, haha. I meant with her working in a pharmacy she'd have access to stuff and may be selling it.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her secret might not be anything to do with the money. That could be like a red herring of her secret so I still don't have a clue
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still thinking she has issues with food, ages ago when she went mad at Sharon for letting Denny buy sweets and chocolates and how fattening it was was a hint I reckon.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Anyone have any thoughts on what Shabnam's secret in EastEnders is and how she got the money?

I don't believe what she said about inherited. If that was true then she would have offered itch earlier when Masoods had money troubles or she could have used it or invested it. I think it's recent.

I have a feeling it's money from a sleeper terrorist cell. She's the treasurer. And she is in charge of it until they attack. I still feel she was radicalised.

Not particularly successfully then as Tam's Birthday seems to have broken it :kitty:
  • gerry23gerry23 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    The drugs theory is interesting......particularly because of the drugs found in Lucy's jewellery box and we haven't yet found out who supplied them.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she take money from Lucy's wallet instead following a deal? Shabnam may have followed Lucy and come across the body?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The drug theory is interesting. Breaking Mas?
    I love Shabbers. She's grrrrrrrreat!
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But maybe as Masoods mother only died a few months ago the will may have only just been sorted and the money is from where she says it is...:)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    sunny day wrote: »
    But maybe as Masoods mother only died a few months ago the will may have only just been sorted and the money is from where she says it is...:)

Hmm I think you might be onto something here :cool: ;-)
  • phepiaphepia Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Syed should've had a share of the money anyway if Shabnam was doing things properly.
    I personally think she isn't telling the truth over the inheritance, she seemed very intent that Tamwar should leave the home and go to uni, almost too pushy imo.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shabnam is Lucy's killer. She was supplying her with drugs and when Lucy ran out of money and threatened to blow the whistle on her, Shabnam murdered her. Very calmly, very calculated. Nothing gets in the way of Shabnam.

There is a reason that Shabs has returned to the square as an innocent devout religious nut (on the outside). It obvious she isnt as she seems.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she married someone so they could get access to the uk and they paid her for their passport??
  • Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They found cocaine in Lucy's possessions. Shabz is a qualified pharmacist, true, but the process of making cocaine isn't something she'd be able to do in the UK. Firstly theres the problem of sourcing the leaves, then there's the laborious process of extraction.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - And what happens when terrorists ask her where the money is? I doubt they'd be too pleased if she said she gave it away on a whim because her brother needed cheering up on his birthday
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    BIB - And what happens when terrorists ask her where the money is? I doubt they'd be too pleased if she said she gave it away on a whim because her brother needed cheering up on his birthday

This! I don't think she's a terrorist. If she is I think the BBC will be inundated with complaints and even a street protest. I think she probably has inherited some money but what about the others in the family? I love Shabnam she's very well played by the actress who is good at subtleties.