Options

The Great British Bake Off - Series 5 - Starts 6th August 2014

1186187188189190192»

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does Mary stay so slim. She's always eating.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good God !! lol
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Hahahahahahaha :D:D

Paul's smirk on Masterclass just now when Mary says:
    "I don't like one with nobs on the end, a long plain one is the best"
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does Mary stay so slim. She's always eating.

Hasn't she said that she only takes a small taste of items normally?
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought all 3 finalists deserved to be there and I would have liked Richard to win. However, he has shown on a couple of other occasions that once he messes up, he doesn't recover and has a terrible week ( remember the week he and Kate both messed up big time ? ) He had a bad week and Louis wan't quite "on the money" so, on the day, the best person won.
  • Options
    jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the last two masterclasses and I noticed something in one of the clips of the main competition. Can't remember exactly when, but Kate had done something horrendous to one of her hands. She had a blue glove on - which suggests a fairly serious injury they couldn't put simple plaster on AND a massive piece of blue plaster on the inside of her wrist. I don't know what she did - they never showed it whatever it was - but it looked like a major burn or something. Ouch.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruby is on Sunday Brunch on Channel 4 this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby is on Sunday Brunch on Channel 4 this morning.

Never watched the programme before (and don't think I will be again). Typical of Channel 4 that they could only think of changing Bake Off into Ex Factor by concentrating on selection rounds and mocking bad attempts at baking.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Richard has baked a cake for a gorilla

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29755547
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Richard has baked a cake for a gorilla

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29755547

I am trying to resist any comparison with Paul Hollywood judging the cakes.
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Just watched the last two masterclasses and I noticed something in one of the clips of the main competition. Can't remember exactly when, but Kate had done something horrendous to one of her hands. She had a blue glove on - which suggests a fairly serious injury they couldn't put simple plaster on AND a massive piece of blue plaster on the inside of her wrist. I don't know what she did - they never showed it whatever it was - but it looked like a major burn or something. Ouch.

It was when they were doing something in the fryer I think. She picked up a doughnut possibly and then quickly dropped it and said something like "ooh they're hot"

It wasn't mentioned again but the next shot of her she was wearing the blue glove.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    It was when they were doing something in the fryer I think. She picked up a doughnut possibly and then quickly dropped it and said something like "ooh they're hot"

It wasn't mentioned again but the next shot of her she was wearing the blue glove.

Don't they sometimes prefer not to cover up burns in a tight plaster / bandage? It could be a way of protecting the burn from infection but allowing air to circulate around it.

Alternatively plasters can be difficult to retain on fingers because of curvature and flexing so could be a way of holding a plaster in place and stopping it falling into the food.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Looking for fans of The Great British Bake off to take part in an online focus group for my dissertation research. The title of the study is Great British Bake Off: New media and Fan culture, so I'm looking for people who are involved with online fan communities or online discussions about the programme and are interested in sharing their personal experiences and opinions of online fandom. Anyone wanting to help out, message me.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Mail, Martha has been commissioned to write a column in the Waitrose magazine.

Bake Off girl, 18, to write for Waitrose: Teenager who reached quarter finals this year set to pen monthly column