Options

The thing about tonight's show...........

BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
Forum Member
Please could someone tell me what Claudia is on?:

Comments

• Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is high on life.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's high on life and I adore her :cool:
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    Please could someone tell me what Claudia is on?:

An ego trip, combined with the growing knowlege that Tess isn't cutting it at all
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Fire!
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Fire!

Ha Ha! Yes, exactly. Well said.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I though some of the music choices were poor, I thought that chosen for Pixie, was OK.
    I was impressed with the singer, who I believe tried to sing it as would have Edmundo Ros.
    Either he, or Don Warrington, I can't decide which.
  • Options
    KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claudia is hilarious and Tess is getting better at realising she's the straight act in the team.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people don't like Claudia - she's just perfect for Strictly. I really think she tries very hard to engage with people, and sounds very genuine - she's delighted for contestants when they've done well, and kindly when perhaps things haven't gone so good. Tess hasn't quite mastered this really, and comes across as just reading a script.
  • Options
    Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Awkward moment with Simon through when he tried to make the point (badly) that they don't do ballroom dancing in Manchester
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I utterly adore Claudia, she is fabulous!
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    Awkward moment with Simon through when he tried to make the point (badly) that they don't do ballroom dancing in Manchester

Really? They don't do ballroom dancing in Manchester? Is it some local byelaw?
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever she is on I WANT SOME !!
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was a bit awkward, Simon seemed to take offence (not that I think that's unusual)
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... in his side of the tracks. That was petty obvious.
    That was a bit awkward, Simon seemed to take offence (not that I think that's unusual)

He thought she meant "You are black. Are you from Jamaica or Nigeria?"
  • Options
    Liam1999Liam1999 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so angry when I first found out Claudia was replacing Bruce, but now I think she's absolutely brilliant! If it wasn't for her the show would honestly be a lot worse! Tess is so dull, they should put Tess up with all the zelebs and Claudia down with the judges
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure he didn't mean ALL of Manchester as a location but a kind of Billy Elliott thing. And IIRC, didn't Sunetra make a similar point about "an Indian Scouser doesn't dance like that"

I think it was obvious what he meant and think some people are mischief making and looking for issues that don't really exist.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KiwiJay wrote: »
    Claudia is hilarious and Tess is getting better at realising she's the straight act in the team.

Yep. :D
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As you are obviously telepathic, I can only apologise for what went through my mind when I read your post.:blush:
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

I spotted that as well - another reason why I'm convinced he's going in the bottom 2 this weekend.
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Claudia seemed the same to me as ever. She is great, a natural wit.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who's idea it was for her to do the 'using the song title' thing, but it was inspired and I laughed out loud at the contestant participation this week! Love her! :D
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    these slights are nothing a well aimed pin and a voodoo doll can't cure
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An ego trip, combined with the growing knowlege that Tess isn't cutting it at all

Have to agree about the ego trip