Three dances = Kara's week to shine?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara's week to shine ? I think she has shone nearly every week !!!
    This! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol I agree but I may be slightly biased. ;)
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She sure did, And last week outshone even herself . :)
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree. If she has Waltz & Rumba she will do so again this week. Whether that means she will top the leaderboard I don't know as Len in particular seems to be very harsh on her.
  • millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Somehow Pamela will top the leaderboard, with some dances that in others would score 7 scoring 9 etc. Kara in second place. They need Pam at the top. A lot of the scoring will be in place before the dances are actually danced.

This is so true. Kara will shine but whether the judges mark accordingly is doubtful.
  • yenstonyenston Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I so agree with this - it was lumpy, stompy, slow and the gurning!! when 10s came out I nearly fell off my chair

kara has pulled out the best performance week on week (ok possibly not jive week) and yet has hardly ever topped the leaderboard

they are holding her to a far higher standard - she has the most difficult choreography and does it brilliantly. Yet one mistake gets her a 9 - scott can forget half his dance and still get a 9!

Agree with this. Imagine if you showed someone who hadn't been watching this years Strictly Kara's charleston and Pamela's charleston, and say one got 32 and one got 38- which was which? They would definitely say Kara's got 38. It was the best charleston this series- in fact the best charleston ever on Strictly. I can't believe how undermarked it was and how overmarked Pamela's was.

I really hope the marks are fairer this week.
  • miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Y'know ordinarily I would completely dismiss that idea, but since Pamela did the Charleston I'm actually starting to buy it. It is a contender for one of my most hated dances ever on Strictly (to put it into persepctive, I enjoyed BoD's samba more :eek:) and I can't believe the marks that it got.

I thought it was just me - thank goodness I'm not alone.

More vaudeville buffoonery than Charleston :o

And I quite like to watch Pamela, I just wish I didn't have* to listen to her :o:o

*yes I know there's a mute button.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kara is clearly the best dancer, but I was surprised that her Jive wasn't better.
    Kara had a couple of days to learn it (although Artem's injury may have still hampered that).
    Louisa produced a very good Jive based on (reportedly) less training than Kara.

My point being, that maybe Kara does need time to learn the routines, and extra routines may be a problem.