Options

US only iPad apps for UK??

MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There's an app I want on my iPad but its "only available in the US".

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• Options
    stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I THINK, the way around this is to set up a second iTunes account with US details, for which you will need an US credit card or a US iTunes card (and a US address but that is easy)
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I wish the stores were the same. We often get a raw deal.

This does mess around with Apple terms and conditions which they might get rather annoyed over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I THINK, the way around this is to set up a second iTunes account with US details, for which you will need an US credit card or a US iTunes card (and a US address but that is easy)

Tried that but i don't have US card details - i can use a friends address but can't really use their card details.
  • Options
    RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've registered a US account then you can add credit with a US iTunes gift card.

A quick Google brought up this: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/itunes-gift-cards-online-email/

I've no personal experience using them though.
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem if your jailbroken......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boyzie wrote: »
    No problem if your jailbroken......

I'll be honest and say I don't really know what that is.
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissDexter wrote: »
    I'll be honest and say I don't really know what that is.

Unless you know someone who knows about Jailbreaking its prob better to forget this.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    You don't need a credit card, or a iTunes voucher to set up a US iTunes account.

You don't even need a genuine US address, just has to be in the US address format (correct number of digits for zip code, telephone number, etc ).

All you need is a separate email address that doesn't have any other iTunes accounts linked to it (doesn't even have to be a US email).

1. Open iTunes on your computer, go to iTunes store, log out of any accounts.

2. Scroll down to the flag icon on the bottom right of the page, click on it, then click on the US flag to go to the US store.

3. Find any FREE app, click on it, and click buy, you'll be prompted to log in or create account (this step is VERY important).

4. Create the account using a US formatted address, and a separate valid email address.
    Under payment options make sure you click on 'None'.

When your account is created, you'll be able to download any free App from the US store to your computer, then log back into your UK account and sync it to your device.

If you want paid US apps you'll either have to acquire a US iTunes voucher, or jailbreak your device.

I have many free US apps installed, such as: ABCplayer, SyFy, DiscoveryHD, etc (and the iTunes Movie Trailer app, which curiously, is not available in the UK).

Note: for streaming catchup TV apps to work, you will need a VPN installed on your device. I recommend 'VPN one click' from the UK app store (free for 7 days, then £0.69 /month after that).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    MissDexter wrote: »
    There's an app I want on my iPad but its "only available in the US".

Is there any way around this?

I'm assuming the App you want is the 'Dexter' App. I have it, it is really good, a must for Dexter fans.