Options

Masters of the Universe movie

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just watched it again and its actually not that bad, ok the plot is a little crappy but I love the portrayal of Skeletor & Evil Lyn the actors who played them did so well. Dolph as He-Man was probably the worst part as he is so wooden.

A young pre Monica Gellar Courteney Cox is a sight to behold she was so sweet and the scene when she reunites with her "dead" parents at the end still gets me a little misty lol

Oh and I LOVE Billy Barty as gwildor he had such a great distinct voice.

Comments

• Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a while since I've seen it and I must do soon. Dunno why, but I always remember a scene of all these people dressed up in ridiculous costumes, walking down your average Californian street.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would reboot the franchise. It's needed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I wish they would reboot the franchise. It's needed

Probably one of the worst managed franchises of all time. He-Man and Skeletor are iconic characters, but Mattel have treated the franchise like shit. They screwed up the movie, created a first reboot and barely got behind the impressive 2002 reboot. The fact the cartoon(s) haven't been repeated since the 80's and it is 26 years since the original movie says it all.

I wish they'd sell the rights. OK, it was originally intended to sell action figures and the original cartoon is dated. But subsequent comics, fan interpretations and the likes of Skylanders show the potential of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in popular culture.
  • Options
    johnny-go-gojohnny-go-go Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    There's been a Masters Of The Universe Classics line running for a few years now. Mattel are behind that. They are updated sculpts of the original 80's line, plus many more that we're never released, only in comics/cartoons. There is also a film in development at the moment. We keep our fingers crossed. By The Power Of Greyskull my friends.
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad to see this thread - I absolutely love this movie, and remember going to see it in the cinema when it was released. Frank Langella and Meg Foster are great, and as a substitute for Orko Guildor is an acceptable character. I was always a bit jealous of 'Pig Boy' (a part of me still is).
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the part where there was the woman underneath the tables whist the beastie man was smashing them up.
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skeletor terrifies me in that film.

"KNEEL!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Skeletor terrifies me in that film.

"KNEEL!"

If a new He-Man film is made, the producers need to get Frank Langella back to voice Skeletor. Dolph can cameo as King Randor.
  • Options
    Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of my favourite movies which I grew up watching.

A young Courteney Cox who became Monica in Friends and Robert Duncan McNeill who went on to become Tom Paris in Star Trek Voyager.

Classic Gwildor line 'It tasted good.', upon realising he was eating meat.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    This is one of my favourite movies which I grew up watching.

A young Courteney Cox who became Monica in Friends and Robert Duncan McNeill who went on to become Tom Paris in Star Trek Voyager.

Classic Gwildor line 'It tasted good.', upon realising he was eating meat.

or as I remember him before Trek as being the Chief of Security in Gremlins 2
  • Options
    Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »
    or as I remember him before Trek as being the Chief of Security in Gremlins 2

Are you thinking of Robert Picardo who was the emergency medical hologram in Star Trek Voyager.

I first saw Robert Picardo as the cowboy in Innerspace.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Are you thinking of Robert Picardo who was the emergency medical hologram in Star Trek Voyager.

I first saw Robert Picardo as the cowboy in Innerspace.

Oh yes I am thinking of him, sorry.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Great film and even better when I watched it a few weeks ago. Even the little dwarf
    character who is new was actually quite good.