Champions League QF: Bayern Munich vs Manchester United - April 9th 2014

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
Forum Member
Good luck to Manchester United in this great fixture. :)

This is the place for match discussion.

Comments

• DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    English clubs have a pretty decent record at Munich, certainly wouldn't rule out a Man Utd win (I might have just jinxed them).
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fellaini hasn't trained and is probably out, so that's good. He was rubbish in the first leg. Bayern also have a partial stadium closure to deal with, but other than that I think it will be a comfortable win for them. But it's a cup tie, and United have the last say on away goals so you never know (it's definitely not going to be 0-0).
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we must approach these games like Chelsea do, and stop showing these foreign teams too much respect. Some of our fans on youtube were predicting we would get smashed with a smile on their faces. One day i hope our fans would go into these big champions league games with the same intensity and confidence as they do in the Chelsea and Man City games
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny, if you really want to help them you should make a post about how they're definitely out. It'd then be super ironic were they to go through.
  • Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More irony.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Oh the irony
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like rain on your wedding day...

Sorry Jim, if you're reading mate ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

That's just bad luck tbh. :confused:
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Sorry Jim, if you're reading mate ;-)

You git!
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    The away goal was crucial

Think it'll finish 2-0 or 3-1 or something like that. Bayern to have that bit extra
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    You git!

Junk mail, Jim. Just think of junk mail.

I was tempted to Rick Roll you yesterday. Seems I just got another chance, but unlike Mr. Astley, I'll give it up. Kind of like a free ride that I just didn't take. :p
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bayern Munich vs that team that's already knocked out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Junk mail, Jim. Just think of junk mail.

I was tempted to Rick Roll you yesterday. Seems I just got another chance, but unlike Mr. Astley, I'll give it up. Kind of like a free ride that I just didn't take. :p

Ah, 'Junk Mail'. Thanks for that, Munch. Very amusing.

Who would have thought, it figures?
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyKeegan wishing Man United well. What next? Best wishes to Liverpool from BobbyBest??
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    KennyKeegan wishing Man United well. What next? Best wishes to Liverpool from BobbyBest??

I know, the irony of it all.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Good luck to Man United and their fans for tomorrow. Let us see another English team get through.:)
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to Man United and their fans for tomorrow. Let us see another English team get through.:)

Good luck to Bayern Munich and their fans for tomorrow. Let`s see Moyes, Fellaini and Rooney go out!! ;-)
  • KarlHydeKarlHyde Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To everyone having a dish pointing at 19.2°E: The game is live on ZDF.

I have to admit that Bayern have lost a bit of confidence in the last few weeks, so I expect an extremely tight match.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2-0 bayern. possibly 3
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Last odds I saw had a Utd win at 8-1. I think I'll have a couple of quid on that. I think they face a big uphill challenge but I don't believe for a second they are out of it yet.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,420
    Forum Member
    I'm having a fiver on a United win. Odds at 9-1, worth a shout.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I suspect us to get beaten, I think people perhaps underestimate the huge influence that Schweinsteiger possesses in the Bayern team. He will be a big miss for them.

If the United full backs play well tonight, we have a chance. That's as far as I will go.
  • Max LoveMax Love Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Would love to see another English club go through but won't Be easy.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2-2 united through on away goals, it's about time we went through with that rule we usually end up going out on that rule.

They just lost their 53 match unbeaten run surely that will have knocked some confidence out of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    2-2 united through on away goals, it's about time we went through with that rule we usually end up going out on that rule.

They just lost their 53 match unbeaten run surely that will have knocked some confidence out of them.

I've seen this said quite a few times.

They effectively lost a dead rubber, with the reserves out. I'm not reading too much into that.