Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I don't think he is to be honest.

I think it's a shame the Daleks have their memory of the Doctor restored. It would have been interesting to see Davros's reaction. "Ever see a Dalek shrug its shoulders?" would be the episode's tagline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Time was, this thread would be full of both Spoilers AND Information. They're either better at keeping secrets these days or we are worse at getting hold of them. It's more like the "Pining for new episodes and questionable rumours" thread now...
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    In other news, it looks like Peter Harness has written an episode for series 8:

https://twitter.com/ruther2/status/458937124621156352
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Time was, this thread would be full of both Spoilers AND Information. They're either better at keeping secrets these days or we are worse at getting hold of them. It's more like the "Pining for new episodes and questionable rumours" thread now...

In fairness we're still many months away from another broadcast episode and without the media attention for the 50th that the show enjoyed last year information is that little bit thinner off the ground too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news, it looks like Peter Harness has written an episode for series 8:

https://twitter.com/ruther2/status/458937124621156352

Hurrah! New writer!!
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we will get some clues between May and July/Aug when they should start showing trailers. From what I've seen and heard so far it looks good. Hope S8 premieres on Aug 30th. End of teh school holidays seems a good time to start a new series of DW for both children and adult fans!. That way we watch it untill Nove and get a christmas special a month later perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Maybe we will get some clues between May and July/Aug when they should start showing trailers. From what I've seen and heard so far it looks good. Hope S8 premieres on Aug 30th. End of teh school holidays seems a good time to start a new series of DW for both children and adult fans!. That way we watch it untill Nove and get a christmas special a month later perfect.

I'm pretty sure It'll be either that weekend or the previous one, as that's August bank holiday weekend
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    rwebster wrote: »
    Hurrah! New writer!!

That's at least one this series, which is great.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And wait either 8 or 9 months for the next series. I preferred the start at Easter, finish around June/July, wait for 6 months for the Christmas special and then just 3/4 months for the next series. We got a good deal for the first five years. It felt right to have it at that time. For me, that was perfect.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wait is the same, only one half of it is longer than the other. :p

We could always have a split series to have Doctor Who on during five months of the year. That might be something to try. :D
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble with split series is you have to wait for the second part. If they stick with a autumn start and produce good quality episodes will be happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We're not exactly starving for information. We're doing quite well on set reports alone. ( & Since then we have had buckets of content for Episode 3)

They're not filming this week so don't expect much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're getting an Autumn start and no splits so it won't be too bad this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may be a bit early, but any rumblings on the Christmas special this year? Presuming there will be one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Early information was that this series would be 12 episodes, with the Christmas special making 13 episodes this year. Could be wrong though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Riley is saying that Capaldi will revitalise the show and he will 'smash' it.

Can't wait for the 'smashing' to start. How much longer.........pleasssssseeeee?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not until late August I think.

I'm really they got Riley for an episode. He's a great actor.
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any trailers yet?

I agree about Tom Riley, he's a great actor and am really looking forward to Capaldi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    Has there been any trailers yet?

No, but they released an early trailer for S7 at the end of May. They have an extra month's production time by this point, too. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some kind of tease next month. Series 5, 6 & 7 delivered trailers 3-4 months to air.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    For anyone bored with this thread....here's an intermission.....
    The new series of DALLAS will be on channel 5 at the end of the summer, due to the USA broadcasting it in two seperate parts (like the BBC did with Doctor Who!) - so channel 5 are keeping ALL episodes together to show in a whole 14-part series next August/September.

Sorry to interrupt this interesting thread!:)

Carry on...................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently Magan is the next doctor :eek::eek::eek:

If the rolleyes smiley were still available...

picture it here, now.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Murphy ‏@paul_murfy
    Tomorrows stage direction for what we're shooting..... 'Let Battle Commence!'..... BRING IT ON!!! #DoctorWho

See you all tomorrow for a kick off in Nottingham.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Peter Harness confirms he's writing an episode. Jamie Mathieson too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's TWO new writers.

Good going, Moffat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Episode 8 - Mummy on the Orient Express
    Possibly written by Peter Harness, Frank Cottrell Boyce, or Neil Cross || Directed by Paul Wilmshurst

Episode 9 - Flatline
    Possibly written by Peter Harness, Frank Cottrell Boyce, or Neil Cross | Director Unknown

So which one for Harness? :p
This discussion has been closed.