Mentions of Savile / Harris / Hall etc in old comedies

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    I assume this is a pathetic attempt at a joke !

Nope. Why would it be a joke?

Just my opinion.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favorite Xmas songs will have a glaring edit in it from now on. I suspect it will be badly done as well.

Mel and Kim's Rocking around the Xmas Tree. I suspect it will be edited such, "Wow I am in the allmighty christmas groove" "If my friends could see me now how do I look".

Part cut will be "I havent had this much fun since Two Little Boys was number one".

Though more likely they will cut it straight to "If my friends could see me now".
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,493
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    I'll believe it's true when he actually admits it's true.

Yes, let's just do away with lawyers, juries and judges. All we have to do is ask criminals "did you do it?" and only lock up those who answer "yes".
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they have to trawl through every single programme to see if anyone says 'd'you know what it is yet?' seeing as that's said because Rolf Harris said it.

Now then now then.
    Forum Member
    I've got a couple of Kate Bush albums with Rolf Harris on them. Will I go to prison?
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they might ban Golf, cos it rhymes and reminds us of Rolf
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    My sons are now aged 17 and 22,but around 10 ago they were,in fact - Two Little Boys.
    I am so glad they are grown up now and wont remind people of the Rolf Harris song ;-)
    I've got a couple of Kate Bush albums with Rolf Harris on them. Will I go to prison?

Burn the Peter Gabriel stuff, quick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they might ban Golf, cos it rhymes and reminds us of Rolf

Dont forget the Muppets poor old Rowlf will have to be banned.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

I have some old cassettes with a few Rolf songs on them, ditto Jonathan King (well not quite JK but a version based on his) :o;-)
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must remember to firebomb the local veterinary practice next time I'm passing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I have some old cassettes with a few Rolf songs on them, ditto Jonathan King (well not quite JK but a version based on his) :o;-)

Tax evadors version then? ;-):D
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, let's just do away with lawyers, juries and judges. All we have to do is ask criminals "did you do it?" and only lock up those who answer "yes".

so if some one never admits their guilt they must be guilty just because a jury say so - there is the occasion when people have been wrongly found guilty you know
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I agree with you. For all we know Oscar Wilde had sex with underage boys. He was alleged to have said that' little boys should be' obscene and not heard' though I am unable to verify this. Nevertheless his works such as The Importance of Being Earnest are too classic in wit and style, as are his many epigrams, to be erased from our literature, in my own view.

The Queen has not asked for Rolf Harris's depiction of her to be burned and neither should she, again, obviously, in my own view.

Simone de Beauvoir, 60s feminist icon, and the works of Jean Paul Sartre still stand, though De Beavoir had relationships with female students then passed them on to her husband Sartre. Where will it all end regarding art, music, literature? Salvador Dali is alleged to have nailed a kitten to a board!

Rolf Harris has been convicted of doing very wrong and should be brought to justice, no question , however old or frail he may be, but his work should remain and any references are of their time and should also remain.

I agree with you. Can't understand the clamour of people to rid us of great artistic work created by artists and musicians who may be less than perfect people.

A huge number of artists have a touch of the eccentric about them and are known abusers of substances and people. This doesn't mean that their work should be ignored just because we don't approve of what they get up to in their private lives.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many well known men from decades ago have been worrying they'll be accused of things just because they were a bit too touchy feely at the time?

How about 'because they carried out digital penetration without consent at the time?'
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    so if some one never admits their guilt they must be guilty just because a jury say so - there is the occasion when people have been wrongly found guilty you know

That's true, so let's wait and see if Rolf appeals the verdict, shall we?
    Forum Member
    Burn the Peter Gabriel stuff, quick

Gabriel? What (or who) has he done?
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose no part of any episode of Eastenders showing Dirty Den will ever be shown again.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    The Queen has not asked for Rolf Harris's depiction of her to be burned and neither should she, again, obviously, in my own view.

Apparently it has (conveniently) gone missing from the royal collection.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Apparently it has (conveniently) gone missing from the royal collection.

I don't think it was ever in the royal collection. The Queen wouldn't have dumped it because of RH's crimes, she is far more sensible than that. Actually, I bet she wishes she did have it. Good anecdote material for when she's showing guests around!

The programme with the Queen sitting for the portrait was fascinating, and it'll be shameful if this is never shown again.
    Forum Member
    That's true, so let's wait and see if Rolf appeals the verdict, shall we?

Apparently he lied about being in Cambridge at the time one woman said she was abused/attacked, but AFAIK Rolf is still saying he's innocent.

This video seems rather creepy given the circumstances :blush:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rolf-harris-child-sex-abuse-education-video-surfaces-after-entertainer-found-guilty-in-london-court-20140701-zsrph.html :o
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alf Garnett ranted about Jimmy Savile in an episode of Till Death Us Do Part, but that will never be shown again anyway.

Mildred refers to Rolf Harris in an episode of George and Mildred.

These people existed. We can't perform some sort of "great purge" on them, even though they were/are evil perverts who had us fooled for years.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Relugus wrote: »
    Terry Nutkins, Tony Hart, and Bobby Ball still shine like beacons in my childhood, thankfully.
    Johnny Ball?
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Apparently he lied about being in Cambridge at the time one woman said she was abused/attacked, but AFAIK Rolf is still saying he's innocent.

This video seems rather creepy given the circumstances :blush:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rolf-harris-child-sex-abuse-education-video-surfaces-after-entertainer-found-guilty-in-london-court-20140701-zsrph.html :o

Like Sue Cook, he couldn't remember doing the Cambridge filming. Faulty memory amongst those making allegations (like being several years out with your own age at a certain time) is apparently perfectly understandable. Faulty memory among the accused is 'lying'.
    Forum Member
    True, his memory could have been a bit fuzzy, he's in his 80's after all. What I dont get is there wasnt much (any?) actual evidence found :confused:
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If the gestapo, sorry, the police come round your house and find them then it's a possibility (guilt by association).
    The only remedy is for all the Towns and Cities across the land to create a designated area of wasteland for people to bring their books, magazines, dvd's (including box-sets), video tapes, autographed photographs and any other material that has any of these celebrities involved and have a bonfire.
    A kind of modern day book burning.