Why can Kimbot not show any emotion?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
Forum Member
✭✭
She has mentioned this a few times now, that there are reasons which she will not discuss on TV, as to why she is unable to show emotion.

I am beginning to think it might be some very unpleasant or traumatic incident In her past and this would also explain her strange behaviour with Steven too.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those people I've known who are emotionally contained, generally had emotionally contained parents / family backgrounds. I really don't think trauma has to have anything to do with it.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    It's a myth that she doesn't show emotion.

Even if she herself says she doesn't show emotion, clearly this isn't true.

People can show emotions in a variety of different ways, it doesn't always have to be a totally OTT gurning 'am dram' performance for the cameras. I'd also say perhaps it's totally normal to be guarded and not want to share any number of things with the public on national tv on a reality show.

There are subtleties, and nuances with virtually all people.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has Aspergers.. like is the norm for when a housemate is a bit different or quirky to have threads about!

/sarcasm
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    She has mentioned this a few times now, that there are reasons which she will not discuss on TV, as to why she is unable to show emotion.

I am beginning to think it might be some very unpleasant or traumatic incident In her past and this would also explain her strange behaviour with Steven too.

She is a robot created in Japan and has been sent over here as an experiment to see if we would all fail to realize she is not human.:p
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    She does and is showing more and more she was my favourite until last week where she stared to do it more often the only reason I liked her was her lack or control over her emotions
  • heresittingheresitting Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was said on bit on the psyche last night that she does show lots of emotion, but with subtle body language, just not with words. Apparently, if you study her body language signals she give lots away... you just need to be able to decode the information that Kim is giving out.
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot have the two of these created characters both expressing emotions - far easier to manage their scripts if one of them is cold and detached.

Though Kim has slipped out of character on more than one occasion and nearly blown it.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    You cannot have the two of these created characters both expressing emotions - far easier to manage their scripts if one of them is cold and detached.

Though Kim has slipped out of character on more than one occasion and nearly blown it.

Do you mean blown her circuits?
  • clandestinyclandestiny Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She showed plenty of emotion when herself, Helen and Jale came out of the app room. She was whooping and screaming with delight while relishing the prospect of causing arguments with Ashleigh and co. At one point, such were her feelings of great emotion at the coming carnage, she even shouted how great life was. She couldn't take the smile off her face.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a guarded person and introverted not good at expressing emotion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    She has Aspergers.. like is the norm for when a housemate is a bit different or quirky to have threads about!

/sarcasm

Cue lots of bores with lengthy theses about how her borderline psycho personality means she is a really talented artist deep down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would fit op with the lack of family and close friends on any BB show, and would fit with the experts on the show who continue to say that Kim is the most complex, most interesting, Jet even said you could fill a whole show on Kim and her story.
    So yes op I think your right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LizzieHod wrote: »
    It would fit op with the lack of family and close friends on any BB show, and would fit with the experts on the show who continue to say that Kim is the most complex, most interesting, Jet even said you could fill a whole show on Kim and her story.

Experts? Body language is not science taught in universities. There is no body language exam. You can find dodgy books about it everywhere for about 45p, read one of them and you become an expert. Ex gladiator person is as much an expert in body language as you are. It is her opinion that is all. They usually have three body language experts on at the same time, all of them saying completely different things depending on whether they like the housemate.

You could fill a whole show on anyone. Whether anybody would watch it though is another matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People show emotions in different ways. I think Dr. Funke was right that Kim shows emotion through her eyes and body language. Not everyone is over the top with emotions.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ironically she showed the most emotion whilst saying that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LizzieHod wrote: »

I also wonder what Sasha is like. She seems desperate to get away from him, such is the speed with which she has transferred her affections. He was on the phone to BOTS sharpish exposing her as a liar. What kind of relationship is that?

I wonder if she is quite a damaged girl actually.
  • Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found a pic of kim without any make-up on..

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2011/10/images/640_geminoid-skull.jpg
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Belpry_1 wrote: »
    Just found a pic of kim without any make-up on..

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2011/10/images/640_geminoid-skull.jpg

Phwoar! :D
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also wonder what Sasha is like. She seems desperate to get away from him, such is the speed with which she has transferred her affections. He was on the phone to BOTS sharpish exposing her as a liar. What kind of relationship is that?

I've been thinking this, too. I'm not keen to find out as it's probably traumatic stuff. And not very nice things go on in that Playboy Mansion......more comforting to feel she is a product of Advanced Japanese Design.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't been programmed to feel any
  • Belpry_1Belpry_1 Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »

:D:D
  • Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mental conditioning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sasha is her agent/manager/photographer/videographer/boyfriend etc. Notice who has all the power? see a pattern?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasha is her agent/manager/photographer/videographer/boyfriend etc. Notice who has all the power? see a pattern?

I see a pattern of a girl who is used to being controlled.

A very intelligent girl, yet has no qualms about being a nude model.

And a girl desperate to get out of a relationship, even if it means shagging on telly and becoming homeless in the process.

She has very little self respect and I wonder if she has been badly damaged in her childhood perhaps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This video was posted on another thread, and she's got all sorts of smiling and flirting going on in it, I didn't recognise her ! So who is the REAL Kimberly ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03EFPuE_9XQ