Is Tom Daley Gay

Comments

• Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    People have speculated and gossiped about others since the dawn of time. The only difference is we have the means to do it globally within seconds. That we have to accept.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Quite evident a lot of people don't accept it.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the obsession of someone being gay! So what. Gay or not he is still a person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ICON111 wrote: »
    I don't understand the obsession of someone being gay! So what. Gay or not he is still a person.

indeed, DS would be 80% smaller id this rubbish wasn't on it
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is. Hes yummi isn't he?
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    I think he is. Hes yummi isn't he?

Do you have acess to his mind and his bedroom then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    we can only hope what an addition he would be but he is probably straight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Spot wrote: »
    I clicked on your link but couldn't see Tom Daley grabbing anything. Apologies if I'm wrong but your comment plus smiley face suggests that you are a fool. What is he meant to be grabbing? Oh doesn't really matter. It depresses me badly to face this wave of quivering jealous little homophobes all over the internet. Is he just a pretty gay boy? Have any of these feeble unfortunate men actually seen him dive? For f**ks sake, it is incredible. Scratch the surface of this enlightened land - especially in sports - and the fear of the stupid and useless lashes out at the gays and lesbians. No gay wants to sleep with you guys so don't worry. (I do apologise mate if your link meant something different)
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H.T888 wrote: »
    I clicked on your link but couldn't see Tom Daley grabbing anything. Apologies if I'm wrong but your comment plus smiley face suggests that you are a fool. What is he meant to be grabbing? Oh doesn't really matter. It depresses me badly to face this wave of quivering jealous little homophobes all over the internet. Is he just a pretty gay boy? Have any of these feeble unfortunate men actually seen him dive? For f**ks sake, it is incredible. Scratch the surface of this enlightened land - especially in sports - and the fear of the stupid and useless lashes out at the gays and lesbians. No gay wants to sleep with you guys so don't worry. (I do apologise mate if your link meant something different)
    I agree, it's all so tedious and pointless...but this attitude is everywhere. I thought we'd matured in our attitudes in recent years but Twitter, you Tube and often this forum show otherwise and more often from the very young who you would have thought had been better educated and more accepting about all the possibilities of sexuality .:(
  • aiseyaisey Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Sometimes I think DS is just full of sniggering 10 years olds who haven't been out much.
  • LLWYDLLWYD Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    think I'm being mean if you like.. but you can tell he's gay.. the way he talks and the way he walks to the shower after the diving.. if you want to say straight men can talk that way and walk that way then believe what you like! to anyone who has been around gays/lived with/etc it is more than obvious he's gay

but it's like Madonna said when a journalist ridiculed her for her sex book flopping.. SO?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LLWYD wrote: »
    to anyone who has been around gays/lived with/etc it is more than obvious he's gay

Of course he is dear, of course he is. :rolleyes:
  • LLWYDLLWYD Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    look.. any gay person will laugh at you for believing he's not gay.. but believe what you like.. he's not even one of those gays that hide it well, you know the ones you would be surprised to find out they were.. how can something so obvious be open for discussion is the really laugh
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gay and have a fantastic gaydar. I am good friends with and have met a wide range of different people throughout my life...gay, bi, lesbian, hermathrodite, transgender, drag queens. I've lived in the gay capital (Brighton). I'm friends with gay people who you would never in a million years guess were gay, I know lesbians hotter than Cheryl Cole. Just because of his walk and the way he speaks, does not mean Tom is gay. In fact, I would place my bets on him not being gay. There's more to it than just walking and talking a certain way. He doesn't give off gay vibes at all. It makes me laugh when reading some of the comments in this thread...I think people really need to get out more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gay and have a fantastic gaydar. I am good friends with and have met a wide range of different people throughout my life...gay, bi, lesbian, hermathrodite, transgender, drag queens. I've lived in the gay capital (Brighton). I'm friends with gay people who you would never in a million years guess were gay, I know lesbians hotter than Cheryl Cole. Just because of his walk and the way he speaks, does not mean Tom is gay. In fact, I would place my bets on him not being gay. There's more to it than just walking and talking a certain way. He doesn't give off gay vibes at all. It makes me laugh when reading some of the comments in this thread...I think people really need to get out more.

Sense at last :)
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Look Master Ozzy, you have to understand, every good looking famous man is Gay ok. This is DS. :rolleyes::D
  • WillardWillard Posts: 496
    Forum Member

I love it!!!

There is FAR more to being gay than the way people talk and walk and how their mannerisms are.

I haven't seen any gay vibes from him at all either but then I also understand being gay is more than looks and physical mannerisms! Also, I don't desperately need someone popular in the public eye to be gay so as I can feel more relaxed, I'm comfortable with my own sexuality even if the whole world isn't! A lot of these comments sound like they need him to be gay maybe because they want someone who is well loved to be gay, as they're deeply insecure, who knows. And anyway gay or straight, you can still appreciate his beauty and fantasize about him, like those girls who wet themselves over popstars, you ain't ever gonna get with him, but you can enjoy what's on offer in your own head.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't he seen as a Gay Icon? Therefore whether he is gay or not is a valid question. If he isn't, fine, he probably would have cleared it up and just said "No, I'm not, but I'm honoured to be accepted by the Gay community" like Ben Cohen has. If he is, great! Nobody here is asking if he is Gay in order to organise some sort of Gay Bashing, they're simple interested in him as a person. Plenty of heterosexual celebrities are fancied by Gay men and women, when one turns out to be playing for the same team as us it's a nice little bonus.

I don't understand why people need to make an issue out of people asking. It's exactly like someone posted, it's making it seem like a taboo topic. If he had a child on the way people would be posting "Awww, congratulation, so happy for him!" and nobody would jump on board criticising them for discussing his personal life.

Back on topic: I don't know if he is gay, but I was introduced to him through GaySpy so always just assumed. I hope he is! :D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    think I'm being mean if you like.. but you can tell he's gay.. the way he talks and the way he walks to the shower after the diving.. if you want to say straight men can talk that way and walk that way then believe what you like! to anyone who has been around gays/lived with/etc it is more than obvious he's gay

but it's like Madonna said when a journalist ridiculed her for her sex book flopping.. SO?

I'm a gay man who doesn't walk, talk or behave in a 'gay' way as you would have it. So if we lived together would you be telling everyone its obvious I'm straight?. ;)
  • Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    not related but whats he doing in this pic? :p

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m822wzqhfP1r4jcu1.jpg

he is so lush. who cares if he is gay or straight? that is so 1990.
    Forum Member
    look.. any gay person will laugh at you for believing he's not gay.. but believe what you like.. he's not even one of those gays that hide it well, you know the ones you would be surprised to find out they were.. how can something so obvious be open for discussion is the really laugh

Well you've failed with that generalisation for starters. Don't presume to know what all gay people think. Just look at Master Ozzy's posts as well, that makes at least two of us gays who think you're talking bull. :D (I mean that in a nice way). I'm a gay person and I'm not jumping to the conclusion that Tom is gay. I've made that mistake before. Some men are camp and straight.

I'm not saying he isn't gay, I just don't know. I don't know the guy.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A recent study showed that gay people are no better at telling if someone is gay than straight people

This whole "i'm gay so my opinion on whether he's gay or not is more valid than yours" bollocks is, erm, bollocks
    Forum Member
    A recent study showed that gay people are no better at telling if someone is gay than straight people

This whole "i'm gay so my opinion on whether he's gay or not is more valid than yours" bollocks is, erm, bollocks

I agree. I have no gaydar to speak of, which has led to some embarrassing situations, but also some nice surprises. :-)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all these rediculous "is he gay" topics are insulting and unnecessary. A persons sexuality is their business and no one else's
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    If i was built like him and was straight id be in the sunday papers every week.
This discussion has been closed.