Options

Facial hair...

Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
Forum Member
... Ok, we're all here for advice.:o:)
Still, regarding the aforementioned who has 'real' trouble with their facial hair?

I'm 54, but for many years my FH has increased and become more stubborn. I've had electrolysis in the past, no help in the long run. Waxing is a joke for me as I have stubborn hairs on my chin, I mean - coarse.:(
Every day it's a chore, travelling is a nightmare as I have to pack in order to 'shave' my my chin/ moustache twice a day - I'm blonde btw.:(

Anyone else have any experiences or tips?
I for one would be grateful.

Edit: I don't feel I can talk to anyone - especially my GP.

Comments

• Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you heard of NoNo? I keep seeing it advertised but haven't tried it myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the hair is dark, go for laser treatment before it goes grey/white. I highly recommend https://www.sknclinics.co.uk/
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I would love to consider laser hair removal and the prices on the link provided look a lot more reasonable than I was expecting.

I have a question though which is the one thing putting me off.....what do you do with the hair that grows back between treatments?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my chin lasered, best thing I ever did. Sign up for as many Groupon type things as you can, you're bound to get a good deal sooner or later.
    I was advised to shave the hair and never pluck it between treatments.
    It's been a year since I had my 6 treatments and none of the dark hairs have grown back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to consider laser hair removal and the prices on the link provided look a lot more reasonable than I was expecting.

I have a question though which is the one thing putting me off.....what do you do with the hair that grows back between treatments?

Thanks in advance :)

I did what Studmuffin did - shaved it inbetween sessions.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm blonde too and have noticed that FH has got worse in recent years. Can't beat waxing I'm afraid
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    I had my chin lasered, best thing I ever did. Sign up for as many Groupon type things as you can, you're bound to get a good deal sooner or later.
    I was advised to shave the hair and never pluck it between treatments.
    It's been a year since I had my 6 treatments and none of the dark hairs have grown back.
    I did what Studmuffin did - shaved it inbetween sessions.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    I'm blonde too and have noticed that FH has got worse in recent years. Can't beat waxing I'm afraid

I have to stick with the good old Bic, my skin reacts very badly to waxing judging by the mess if I have my eyebrows done. I would love to get my chin waxed :(
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a good pair of tweezers and a magnifying mirror. I pluck nearly every day to keep on top of the regrowth.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Have you heard of NoNo? I keep seeing it advertised but haven't tried it myself.

oh that's just a big scam I'm afraid, doesn't work at all
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wax my moustache and odd hairs on my chin. Since I have been doing this the hair has got less and less and nowhere near as bad as it was. I use a wax pot that I purchased at a hairdresser/beauty trade warehouse. It was expensive to start with but has more than paid for itself over the years. I use cream wax and find that the little wooden sticks they have in coffee shops to stir your coffee are just perfect for dotting the individual hairs.

I used to wax my legs too, but over the years the hair has almost gone so I don't bother now. I do shape my eyebrows with the wax, this is really good but requires a steady hand and good nerves.

I was told that course grey/white hair is impossible to treat with laser or electrolosys.