Latest Jimmy Savile Arrest

gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
Forum Member
✭✭
Official and on The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9670035/Jimmy-Savile-police-arrest-third-man-over-historic-sex-abuse-allegations.html

He is called Wilfred De’ath and was a BBC producer,

It will be the Police to decide what happens next and MUST be presumed to be innocent!

I have seen this bloke being interviewed as he seems to know more than he is letting on. OF COURSE that does not mean he was involved but the Police know their job. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad arrestse are being made by police I just hope these aren't rushed by the police to show they are doing something for once
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be the Police to decide what happens next and MUST be presumed to be innocent!

Yeah, that'll happen on DS!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Official and on The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9670035/Jimmy-Savile-police-arrest-third-man-over-historic-sex-abuse-allegations.html

He is called Wilfred De’ath and was a BBC producer,

I have seen this bloke being interviewed as he seems to know more than he is letting on. OF COURSE that does not mean he was involved but the Police know their job. :)

Wasn't he one of the interviewees in the ITV Exposure documentary about Savile?
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Wasn't he one of the interviewees in the ITV Exposure documentary about Savile?

That's what I thought :confused: he was the one the put on that stupid girls voice wasn't he? :confused:
  • swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    Last month Mr De’ath told ITV that he had challenged Savile over his behaviour after he spent a night with a 12-year-old girl in a hotel room.
    He said: “I know for a fact that Jimmy spent a night in a rather squalid hotel with a girl who was at the most 12, or probably 10, and I said to him, ‘Jimmy you are living dangerously. Surely you must realise you're living dangerously?’
    “All he said was, ‘Oh no no no. I’m much too valuable to the BBC for them to do anything to me.
    He didn’t think anything could happen. And nothing did happen. Nobody grassed on him in any way, although we all knew.

I wonder if that's the reason he;s been arrested.
    For not reporting it.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if my surname was basically "Death" I'd change it
    Irrelevant I know but thought I'd share :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought :confused: he was the one the put on that stupid girls voice wasn't he? :confused:

Yep and declared that he knew that the girl was well under age as he has daughters himself .....:mad::mad::mad:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swaydog wrote: »
    For not reporting it.

I have my doubts somehow : other people have also testified they saw Saville acting inappropriately (and even illegally)..
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For not reporting it.

It could well be the case that some of the people who have come out condemning Savile are actually guilty themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »

My thoughts too!
    Mr Death, what a name!! :eek:
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a girl at my school called Janet Death or D'Ath, but she pronounced it ''Deeth''.

No wonder. :eek:
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I had a nurse colleague surname D'eath. & another one surname nurse.... Nurse D'eath and Nurse Nurse lol
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's the one. He was working for the BBC as a lowly production bod at the time of the encounter with Savile that he talked about in the documentary. He said he was scared of Savile.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    For not reporting it.

Don't think so, as he claims it's a case of mistaken identity...
    It is believed the arrest occurred after an actress, who cannot be named for legal reasons, spotted him on ITV's documentary into Jimmy Savile last month and contacted police
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh De'ar .. The authorities do seem to be going for the safe options of the: ...previously convicted/deceased/small-fry associates of the former.. :rolleyes: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9670035/Jimmy-Savile-police-arrest-third-man-over-historic-sex-abuse-allegations.html
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Jimmy Savile's cat been arrested yet ?
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This bloke is easy meat. Having written a book about life as a conman (he writes In "An Uncommon Criminal" that he stayed in hotels for lengthy periods of time leaving the bill unpaid, pretending to be an expert on the early poems of Thomas Hardy and other such cad-like exploits a la 'Lord Melbury') he has shot himself in the foot with anybody believing anything he says.

He was also a television producer, of course.

However, it works for both the prosecution and defense. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The cat wouldn't eat the oysters. It had to go.

*JS was said to refer to young girls as oysters *
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »

There are quite a lot of De'aths about. It's quite a 'posh' name I believe, though I haven't researched it (as yet). Perhaps that's why they keep it?

http://www.breakaway.cc/company/DeAthHeraldry.php

Not so posh so far - gatherers of kindling. Apparently Flemish names are characterised by a number of spelling variations, in this case including Darth! Which is better... :o:D
    Forum Member
    Yet no one is questioning ITV's judgement in using him as a reliable source.

Here he is in the ITV programme at 1:30, is answer to how he knew the girl was 12 (3:00) can be taken a number of ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Yet no one is questioning ITV's judgement in using him as a reliable source.

Here he is in the ITV programme at 1:30, is answer to how he knew the girl was 12 (3:00) can be taken a number of ways.

I thought De'ath came over a very flaky person at the time that was aired, having never ever seen him before.
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I thought De'ath came over a very flaky person at the time that was aired.

The 'cockney accent' he put on for the girl seemed out of place considering the nature of what he was talking about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    I had a nurse colleague surname D'eath. & another one surname nurse.... Nurse D'eath and Nurse Nurse lol

Off topic but my mum was Nurse Payne until she married!
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Meow's about that then!
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its only a matter of time.......