Options

All 2011-2012 Trophy Winning Managers Now Sacked!

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    I can confirm that the Conference North winning manager left his post at the end of last season.

Both of the managers who got their club promoted from the Conference National last year also got the sack this season. Gary Mills being sacked from York was somewhat understandable, as I believe they'd just lost ten matches in a row and were bottom of League Two, but Mickey Mellon getting ditched by Fleetwood was just bizarre, since they were in the last play-off spot IIRC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please give Alan Curbishley a job, he has waited long enough!

Curbishley is the longest serving unemployed manager in the game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Where's this "family unity"? Why would they keep on doing this? if I were a player this would actually demotivate me, knowing that our manager could get the sack even for finishing second.

Realistically speaking, no team is guaranteed to win the title every season.

It's not a one horse race type of league.

So yeah, I don't get it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    It's not a fact, it's speculation, Stoke have never been anywhere near the CL positions and why would a manager try not to get in the CL?
    You are missing the point.

Pulis has never allowed Stoke to get anywhere near CL qualification because, if he did, people might start to think he's a good manager. If that happened the same people would start expecting a lot more of him and he'd get fired if he didn't deliver.

Job security. It's what the game's all about.
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Dipper wrote: »
    You are missing the point.

Pulis has never allowed Stoke to get anywhere near CL qualification because, if he did, people might start to think he's a good manager. If that happened the same people would start expecting a lot more of him and he'd get fired if he didn't deliver.

Job security. It's what the game's all about.
    Whatever you say.
    Are all Stoke supporters this deluded. :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    If Wigan do end up going down the longest reigning PL managers will be

Wenger 1996
    Pulis 2006
    Pardew 2010
    Allardyce 2011
    Jol 2011

Wenger the last of the 90's and Pulis last of the 2000's....then Pardew the third longest serving manager LOL
    Moyes is still in that list until June 30th
  • Options
    Forum Member
    apaul wrote: »
    Out of that list I think only McDermott's sacking cannot be justified. Chelsea and Liverpool are playing better now and Man City has underperformed.
    Di Matteo won the CL the previous season. It was a bit harsh to give him the boot.

I don't think Chelsea or Man City were fully footballing decisions. It was more to do with personality clashes between the managers and the owners.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Moyes is still in that list until June 30th

Let's face it though realistically he won't be managing many Everton games til then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just though that he deserved some credit by being one of the longest serving managers in the country and not getting the sack either.

Infact there was another thread about Fergie being sacked at St. Mirren.
    Moyes has not been sacked in his managerial career .....yet
    Neither has Martinez. Although both have only managed two clubs :D

Neither has Brendan Rodgers if you don't consider 'leaving by mutual consent' ;)
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter if they've been sacked or not, Martin O'Neill wasn't sacked til recently, doesn't make him any good though.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I could have been any more obvious. Between Pulis sabotaging his own side and Stoke being a joy to watch, there was also Etherington tearing up the Nou Camp.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could have been any more obvious. Between Pulis sabotaging his own side and Stoke being a joy to watch, there was also Etherington tearing up the Nou Camp.

You're wasted, on here.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only had a few, I'm good to drive.
  • Options
    angel44angel44 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get all of the managers out!

Every single one of them.

What were they thinking by even getting them 'in'...in the first place...managers aren't there to be 'in'...they're there to be out, and quick sharp.

I get extremely agitated whenever I see a football manager whose 'in' and thinks he ought to be 'in'...

NOOOO....

You're a football manager.....OUT is where you should be, OUT is where all of the supporters secretly want you to be.

OUT is where your destiny lies....

If you make any football team's supporters feel unhappy [and you will]....you will be going OUT....

OUT OUT OUT......

Go and try and get 'in' to another club....so that they can then get you out.

Bloody cheek!!

They have no business ever being in.....sack them, burn him with fire....get them OUT!!

We naively get them 'in' because we think they will make grown men gel together and kick a ball accurately...

What fools we all are....

Get them out !!

It's not worth the pain and suffering.