Help with eyebrows ...

Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
Forum Member
...ok, I know I should be on the H&B Forum but they/we take ages to communicate.:blush:

I don't have many eyebrows, well none really to speak of. Any advice for a natural look via certain methods? My daughter's getting married ib November - plus going on holiday ( and the menopause>:() I find the drawn on ones melt away, even at the gym - not only that I'm taking ages to get them right & still not happy with them. I'm dark blonde & have tried Soap & glory stuff, Clinique, benefit - I'm at a loss. I'm not going down a tattoo route at my age btw!

Any advice would be appreciative. Thanks in advance.

( I'm on every day & will check back but I have to cook dinner ATM.)

Thanks to any help.:)

Comments

• purpleglitterpurpleglitter Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I know you said you don't want to go down the tattoo route but my mum had semi-permanent ones done when she had chemo and they look really good. They never really grew back properly so she has them redone about every 6 months I think. Hope this helps :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    if you left them for a weeks i.e. don't pluck, trim, thread, wax etc, would they grow in a bit more? to then have them done closer to the time so they look amazing?

I'm sure I'm read somewhere if not, about a product that helps them grow .. will try and find a link for you

I wish we could swap eyebrows - mine are forever bushy and grow back so unevenly even after just a few days of having them waxed!! if only i could share some of mine with you haha!
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a few folk that have had this issue through certain health problems / being fair skinned etc. I know you're tried a few brands, but why not go and see a beautician or someone who specializes in makeup? A session with someone like that might be able to help you discover what's best for your face shape and skin tone without it looking fake and perhaps certain brands are better for the non-melting factor. good luck Xx
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    My best friend has tattooed eyebrows after chemotherapy, they look incredibly natural, the tattoo is almost feathery and you can't tell unless you're an inch away. She gets them redone every few months, and it's cost effective, compared to daily eyebrow pencil.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my lashes and brows tinted at a spa the other day, - it's a good, non-permanent way to boost what you have, and really helps to define any areas that you might wish to add to with an eyebrow pencil.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted on the H&B thread and recommended this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cresty-Eyebrow-Stencil-Kit-UK-BEST-SELLING-/261422404614?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Sets_LE&var=&hash=item3cddfd5406&clk_rvr_id=623298533744&afsrc=1

If you're totally sure you don't want semi-permanent make up then this stuff is brilliant, especially in hot weather. I took it to Hong Kong in May when it was so hot that I was 'glowing' and my eyebrows didn't budge - even when we went swimming or used the gym. You just have to have very clean, dry skin when you first apply it and it stays on all day and all night until you remove it.

It comes with three stencils but you can always buy more cheaply on e-bay if you want to experiment with different looks and thicknesses. The trend seems to be for very thick brows, but I found the thinnest stencil that came with the Cresty set was very natural looking.

After tubing mascara it's the one product I recommend to everyone. (And no, I don't have any connection with the e-bay seller, I promise! :))
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Aww, thank you all for replying & your advice.

I don't know how to multi quote people so I'll try and generalise.:blush:

I think I should start from leaving them grow - yes, some are grey and I know I could dye them - but even then they're still all over the place/ & super thin. So if I try first step Roxtar recommend
    ( I envy people who have threading btw - amazing skill, amazing result IMO.) my brows still wouldn't be ' thick' ( I envy my hubby's!):D then I think I'd try ' eluf's' suggestion but I'm interested in the semi permanent ones some of you suggest. Where's the best place? That's what worries me. I live in Swansea, not a great place for choice.

I will leave them grow - plucking out the obvious ones - I have a stencil set so I might go back to that then consider semi permanent - but how do I chose?:o

I'm really shortsighted btw, so some things might not be advisable for me!

I really need a non 'melting/ version that's not for life like a tattoo! Hence the semi permanent - should I go in the order above?
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, thank you all for replying & your advice.

I don't know how to multi quote people so I'll try and generalise.:blush:

I think I should start from leaving them grow - yes, some are grey and I know I could dye them - but even then they're still all over the place/ & super thin. So if I try first step Roxtar recommend
    ( I envy people who have threading btw - amazing skill, amazing result IMO.) my brows still wouldn't be ' thick' ( I envy my hubby's!):D then I think I'd try ' eluf's' suggestion but I'm interested in the semi permanent ones some of you suggest. Where's the best place? That's what worries me. I live in Swansea, not a great place for choice.

I will leave them grow - plucking out the obvious ones - I have a stencil set so I might go back to that then consider semi permanent - but how do I chose?:o

I'm really shortsighted btw, so some things might not be advisable for me!

I really need a non 'melting/ version that's not for life like a tattoo! Hence the semi permanent - should I go in the order above?

Sent you a PM :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think you got the wrong person - I got my eyebrows done last year.
    But I'm sure Utopian Girl will appreciate it!

EDIT: She's good! Well worth considering!
    Forum Member
    eluf38 wrote: »
    Think you got the wrong person - I got my eyebrows done last year.
    But I'm sure Utopian Girl will appreciate it!

EDIT: She's good! Well worth considering!
    Oops :blush:

Utopian Girl, I found you a Swansea lady to do your eyebrows.:D;-):D