Humax Foxsat-HD not updating

soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,464
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a Humax Foxsat-HD set top box and in recent months it will not update using the off-on method, forcing me to do a full scan. Had to do this this for the Travel Channel, Food Network, Zing moves and Inspiration TV removal.

Just wondering if anyone is aware of anything that has changed in relation to how updates work?

Comments

• REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - no changes - but you might check you are getting a good signal from the freesat transponder.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the on-off method? Mine just auto updates overnight once a week.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I have a Humax Foxsat-HD set top box and in recent months it will not update using the off-on method, forcing me to do a full scan. Had to do this this for the Travel Channel, Food Network, Zing moves and Inspiration TV removal.

Just wondering if anyone is aware of anything that has changed in relation to how updates work?

The firmware was changed a long time ago. The Foxsat boxes have to be left in sby overnight to auto update. The former prompt about channel changes being found is no longer shown.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    What's the on-off method? Mine just auto updates overnight once a week.
    After turning the box on If you then turn it off then on again it checks for updates (or use to).
    The firmware was changed a long time ago. The Foxsat boxes have to be left in sby overnight to auto update. The former prompt about channel changes being found is no longer shown.
    That would explain it. The box tends to be left on all the time, not by my me I would hasten to add.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not set the in-built timer to automatically power down to standby at night and set another timer to switch itself back on in the morning?

No user intervention required then. :)