Options

I would have pressed the button

CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
Forum Member
All the contestants who'd sell their own grandmothers, agreeing not to press the button to make themselves look like "team players".

I would have pressed the button just to burst their bubble.

It's the most respect I have had for Marlon since he went into the house.

Comments

• Options
    themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wasn't his thought process though. If he'd just done it as a troll then fair enough. But he did it for pure self preservation
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least he made BB's twist work.
  • Options
    MimiJaneMimiJane Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    What a plonker - no foresight whatsoever ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have because it would be a stupid move- he knew it would mean economy shopping which would put housemates backs up and would be a guaranteed nominated hm next week- it doesn't matter if the rest of the housemates are scum, you still have to live with them and living with them on a hungry tummy wouldn't help. Also, up against Ashleigh who the house is sure will go would be the best time to be up, he's disadvantaged himself for when he is up and I'm sure he knew that but the boys were right, he did it out of cowardice of the public. It was a stupid move.

On another note, wasn't his defense something like "as your friend, would you rather I was up", on that line of thought, same as Christopher pushed Ashleigh to push the button, as a friend to Jale, wouldn't he have thrown thought her way for her to push it as she has to be up every week? Pathetic excuse in my eyes, he was selfish and lacked foresight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But Marlon will be there on Friday night.

Jale or Ashleigh will be in some hotel.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have pressed the button too. When Christopher was telling Ashleigh to press it i thought wtf is he to decide who presses it.Me, im glad he pressed it.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whoever gets evicted on Friday will lay in bed thinking if I only I had pressed that button :cool:
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    sheils1 wrote: »
    I would have pressed the button too. When Christopher was telling Ashleigh to press it i thought wtf is he to decide who presses it.Me, im glad he pressed it.

I couldnt believe what he was saying. I like Ashleigh but he must have known had she pressed that button she would have been crucified. And also by pressing it that she would have put someone else out of the house.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it had been to go to the final then yes I would press it. To go to the next week at this stage, no. Just makes you an easy target for the next eviction round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    If it had been to go to the final then yes I would press it. To go to the next week at this stage, no. Just makes you an easy target for the next eviction round.

But he'll be in the next round. I doubt it will involve normal nominations. Maybe the winner(s) of the Armageddon thing are immune or get to pick who is up.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Go to your room OP. Nobody is going to speak to you for at least a day. :D

I think Christopher was trying to save Ashleigh not get her into trouble. I think he thought they would all agree that she should press it. Sweet of him, naïve but sweet.

Interesting that this series has seen a lot of trying to save people from within the house. Even more interesting since it is from the most self-interested group of HM's we have ever seen.
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Go to your room OP. Nobody is going to speak to you for at least a day. :D

I think Christopher was trying to save Ashleigh not get her into trouble. I think he thought they would all agree that she should press it. Sweet of him, naïve but sweet.

Interesting that this series has seen a lot of trying to save people from within the house. Even more interesting since it is from the most self-interested group of HM's we have ever seen.

I think he genuinely thought everybody would be happy for her. It scares me how naive he is.