One thing I Hate about AI this year

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
Forum Member
ITV keep ramming Katie Price down our throats at every ad break.

The site of her makes me want to puke!

I mean... the whole image is FAKE... ridiculous white teeth, ridiculous fake tan..and to top it all her body isn't even that good and her personality is shot.

A complete nonentity.... why do idiots aspire to be like her? Are there lives really that dull? are they really inferior to kp? so much so that they look up to her?... bizarre...

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I didn't mind her before, but after suffering the same advert again and again I can't stand the sight of her.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Katie ads don't bother me nearly as much as the Keith Lemon ones. :mad:

Why is that irritating, talentless piece of ***** still on tv? :confused: :mad: :mad:
  • RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit I'm also sick of seeing them. I think I'm a bit over-exposed to her at this stage. Argh, and as I'm typing this, she pops up again on my screen. I don't care who you're marrying this week, lady!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »

Why is that irritating, talentless piece of ***** still on tv? :confused: :mad: :mad:

You have no idea how much that Keith Lemon advert infuriates me. :mad: :(
    Forum Member
    I don't know, Keith Lemon calling Fearne Cotton 'Dot Cotton' and Holly Willoughby 'Holly Willough-boobie' does raise a smile out of me. :)
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Have to agree. If it's supposed to encourage me to tune in, well it's having the opposite effect. I can just about cope with an advert for Katie Price until she opens her mouth and that voice emerges.

It's probably why I've little patience with Simon Cowell these days, he's another with Lord Charles veneers, fake tan, too much money and chronic media overexposure.

No doubt this is why they shove Katie on Idol fans, figuring we all like one reality TV orange person with bright teeth and wedding bells so we'll doubtless tune in for another.

God help us the day the Tango Man gets hitched.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I Hate about AI this year

I totally agree, even though I record AI and fast forward through the ads, I still manage to see her. And no ITV, we won't watch her programme even if you do split AI into two halves in the hopes that we'll all just stay tuned in.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what katie did next ..appear in every advert.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We record the show and fast forward through all the ad breaks, and indeed much of the 'action' of AI which is endless recaps of what happened before, the incredibly tedious Ryan Seacrest wittering in cliches about things we all know such as someone will go home tonight, they have everything to play for and everything to lose, this is the most crucial stage yet yawn yawn yawn, and we also ff through all guest artistes unless they're AI aumni. You can get through an 'hour' easily in 25 minutes as most of the show is padding. So I've never noticed KP but it only confirms I'm doing the right thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me who Katie Price is please? Is she a singer? Actress? I've never heard of her but keep seeing these awful ads for her show. What does she do exactly? Thanks.

PS. I absolutely adore the hippo and duck ads. Could watch them forever and never stop laughing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    god yes! thank god i normally record it, but even then it makes me want to kill. thought that colemans advert was particuarly lame as well whilst we are on the subject
    Forum Member
    rita1 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me who Katie Price is please? Is she a singer? Actress? I've never heard of her but keep seeing these awful ads for her show. What does she do exactly? Thanks.

PS. I absolutely adore the hippo and duck ads. Could watch them forever and never stop laughing.

She was a glamour model, but was probably more known for her outrageous behaviour and sexual conquests.

Now she seems to do anything she can to keep herself in the public eye, mostly by creating drama so that she can then sell her stories to the press for as much money as possible. She also has her own TV show about her pointless life and has managed to release several autobiographies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Price
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He must come cheap, probably pays them. The worst worst worst person on TV by a country mile. They pay the audience no respect with rubbish like him presenting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    charter wrote: »

I mean... the whole image is FAKE... ridiculous white teeth, ridiculous fake tan..and to top it all her body isn't even that good and her personality is shot.

A complete nonentity.... why do idiots aspire to be like her? Are there lives really that dull? are they really inferior to kp? so much so that they look up to her?... bizarre...

Lol, just started a thread on this very thing: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=39113776&posted=1#post39113776

Seems I'm not the only one that can't stand her :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you, he comes a close second to the KP ads. He is like a mentally retarded, attention-seeking man-child, with a grossly irritating speech impediment. Luckily, other than AI & Hells Kitchen USA, I steer well clear of the god-awful ITV2, so I can usually avoid his fugly excuse for a face. I hate what telly has become - a depressing reflection of our piss poor society :mad: