Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swiftcover - Errrmmm... just... WTF? :eek:

NHS quit smoking - I remember when these ads were on during EVERY ad break in 2007 and it seems to have started again. ARGH!! :mad:

Niquitin - "with unique smart control technology." Oh just SHUT UP! It's a stupid patch. What's so unique about it?!

Pantene - Why the hell is an advert for bloody shampoo like 2 minutes long?! What's the point of it? Institute of Trichologists? Oh just GO AWAY! :mad:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I saw a niquitin patch one last night. It's not the content, it's just that it is lazily badly dubbed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The art of quilting, shall we open a book on how long this magazine will last :D
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Avios one with flying washing machines etc.
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Kermit one appears to be on on every ad break! I'm not even sure what it advertises, which goes to show how successful it is.... It's incredibly irritating, probably because it's so overplayed.

The one tthats really getting my goat at the moment though are the (Farmfoods, I think?) adverts with the annoying child voiceover pointing out all the offers the 'parent' has missed and saying something along the lines of "adults can be so silly at times."

It's AWFUL. My new ad pet hate now that the Littlewoods advert has thankfully shoved off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Another vote for the annoying Weight watchers ad. I wonder which bright spark thought of that. Who ever it was needs to be locked in a room and forced to watch it non-stop.

Go compare and confused.com I don't think i need to explain why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    The art of quilting, shall we open a book on how long this magazine will last :D

99p + (89 x £3.99) = £356.10
    FOR A QUILT?! :eek:
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elena wrote: »
    That Kermit one appears to be on on every ad break! I'm not even sure what it advertises, which goes to show how successful it is.... It's incredibly irritating, probably because it's so overplayed.

Was coming in to mention that myself, its advertising James Villas, getting as bad as those Go Compares, as those are on just about every breaks as well, its rediculous, been going for years now, and no end in sight, as the fat git has signed up for more of the *****. :mad:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went onto Music Magpie to see how much they would give me for my Indiana Jones DVD boxset. They offered me £3.

Considering that the site only offers around 30p for most things, that's good for them! :p The idea is that they buy your stuff extremely cheaply and then sell it on at higher costs. Sneaky.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, you do get a needle and thread with the first one :D
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »

I worked for a local newsagent for many years and part-works were the cause of many a bollocking in my direction due to customers losing interest and not collecting their magazines that had been kept especially for them.

The best book on quilting in the history of the world ever wouldn't cost more than £20. But these publications are nothing more than a prick-tease, enticing you to buy next weeks edition with the promise of teaching you something new or offering a free gift that you couldn't live without if you are going to live your dream of being a master quilter.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they've made the match.com "girl on the platform" advert even longer, as if it wasn't torture enough, I hate that ukulele-wielding w**ker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    The one tthats really getting my goat at the moment though are the (Farmfoods, I think?) adverts with the annoying child voiceover pointing out all the offers the 'parent' has missed and saying something along the lines of "adults can be so silly at times."

It's AWFUL. My new ad pet hate now that the Littlewoods advert has thankfully shoved off.

I absolutely agree. Wise beyond their years kids aren't funny or cute, they're irritating!

On the same note, the Morrisons ad with the two kids talking about January being a "loong" month and then running up the road when they see you can win free shopping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A handmade quilt.... ;)
  • Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert banging on about weight, dieting, and eating healthily. It's not that people shouldn't be encouraged, but three various ads on this theme in one break is far too much.

I also despise the new Morrisons one with the "cute" kid who goes on about being skint. These days the majority of kids have no clue when it comes to the value of money, since mum will always get them that new latest Xbox or laptop no matter what else is going on in the world.

It's a really patronising ad, but Morrisons ads always are.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosetta Stone: I'm learning Japanese my Lotus Flower!

...said the badly dubbed ****
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jennifer ellisons fatbuster workout, usual out of work celeb piles on the pounds then loses some and releases generic DVD - one of the cheesiest ads ive ever seen.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The holiday ad with Kermit singing. :mad:
    Why are we seeing this TWICE in every ad break ??
    It's really getting on my nerves
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The holiday ad with Kermit singing. :mad:
    Why are we seeing this TWICE in every ad break ??
    It's really getting on my nerves

I havent even seen it once yet :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Right, I am giving fair warning to whoever decides what adverts will be shown on TV channels. If I have to hear that ****ing Loopy Bingo voice one more time, I'll change channels. I don't care how much they paid to run an ad with some demented idot doing the voice over, but if I hear him again I'm turning over and I won't come back.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I havent even seen it once yet :eek:

Neither have I. :cry:

As a big fan of Kermit I'm quite upset. Why can't we have it in my area?
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Neither have I. :cry:

As a big fan of Kermit I'm quite upset. Why can't we have it in my area?

Maybe its a regional ad perhaps?

I'm London and I certainly havent seen it yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Maybe its a regional ad perhaps?

I'm London and I certainly havent seen it yet.

If it's the one I'm thinking of he just sings 'Happy Feet' over the ad-you don't see him.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! No, for a guide to techniques, ideas, inspiration... if quilting, patchworking floats your boat, then I can see it appealing. Especially as it appears to supply the fabric too - and fabric ain't cheap. However... I could buy a hell of a lot of remaindered books and sale fabric for £356.10...

There are some very successful quilting titles already and they are surprisingly expensive. Whether there's room for another publication to gain the readership to make it successful is another matter.

And yes, I do get that you don't really care... :D :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS, that stupid Swiftcover ad was on THREE times in THREE ad breaks today during DOND! :mad:

Truvia - Stupid advert with an annoying girl singing about a sugar substitute. Another one to go on the mute list!
This discussion has been closed.