Options

Why have I stopped watching since DT left?

13»

Comments

• Options
    krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I do sympathise with your view. A change in production team and a new main writer and actor was going to change things.
    My own interpretation is that Matt Smith is a good Doctor but I dont always likehis scatty professor interpretation at times which is overplayed at times.

His Doctor is less open than DT so you cant really read him as easily which may be a factor.Teaming 11 with Amy who was a hard unlikeable character was imo a huge mistake as was the over emphasis on Amy's story last season.
    The style of the show has also changed as It feels the Doctor is a bit more Harry Potter 'magical' now. RTD's style was a bit more action style Doctor.if that makes sense

But I have great hopes of Jenna Louise Coleman and 11.together.

I completely agree with you - I've always thought Matt was great, but I remember being very disappointed with Series 5 when it first aired, and there are episodes in Series 6 which I haven't watched. Whilst clever, they seemed to lack the energy of the RTD episodes, and I've never been keen on Amy.

However, I've liked Series 5 a bit more after rewatching it, and Series 7 has got me back into the series again. I'm really looking forward to seeing Clara and the Doctor together. :)
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Matts Doctor and I think he had/has the potential to be the greatest ever but after the immaculate brilliance of S5 I don't feel he has been well served by the stories and hasn't had the development I was hoping and expecting would occur. This has meant he has occasionally had to rely on the quirky tics that others have mentioned for want of anything else to do. But what makes it frustrating is we have seen how good he can be. At his finest (Eleventh Hour/Vincent/Pandorica/Angels Take Manhattan) he is breathtakingly good but I think he is ill served by Moffats often glib dialogue. I still think he is waiting for his defining moment in the show and was wasted in S6.