Options

XF: UK vs US vs OZ Series 2 | Live Show 4

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Stacy Francis

Stacy last week you were in the bottom, but Stacy, for the 1st time ever I actually enjoyed your performance. Your vocals were beautiful, and even though it was short, it was short and sweet. It was rock, and if you carry on like this you could do really well in this competition. If you`re not saved this week, I really don`t know what the public is thinking. Well done Stacy!!
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's Comments: Stacy Francis
    Stacy It's funny in your main performances I've said you need a more modern edge and in the sing off last week Noonan pulled a good song choice out for you. This was a bit of backward step, however I don't think Come Together sounds as dated as some of your song choices. Noonan is getting your power across well however I think overall you're struggling to really stand out from the rest of the pack. I think you've yet to give us a wow moment and whilst vocally you are strong and you put in good performances there is just something lacking which stops you from making a mark on the competition. I think you will be safe tonight, however at the moment I think you're going to struggle to reach the latter stages of the competition.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacy...who would've thought that you would be a rock diva tonight?! I saved you last week because you had the potential to come back and woah, what a comeback into the competition. The cover was very clever and you got to show off your voice in a different direction. Even though and I have to agree that we have yet to see a wow performance from you, you should definitely be safe after that performance. Fantastic job.
  • Options
    noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *When she finished I stand and shout to audience “ladies and gentlemen bring the roof down for Mrs Stacy Effin Francis!!!”*

Missus! That was amazing! It was rocky yet brought out your vocals! I loved it! So proud of you tonight! I hope the public agree with me! VOTE STACY!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Judges, you are all FAAAAR too positive tonight. Slag someone off, sheesh. That's how The Voice UK got poor ratings, we don't want poor ratings! Quick, someone slap someone or something AAAH!

*Regaining composure*
    WELL... It's the second of Steve's Girls now, a small Irish girl singing a song called "Giants". Oh the irony :o Please welcome Janet Devlin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaXlBoleo88
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Janet Devlin

Janet, that was simply beautiful. Again that artist sounded exactly like you, and I am proud to watch you blossom. I just don`t understand how that is rock, but that again is another story. I thought your vocals were just amazingly beautiful, and I don`t think you should be worried about leaving this week!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comments: Janet Devlin
    I was hoping this theme would give you a chance to have a bit more kick to your performance and do something a little different. However I think as the themes are going past its becoming clear that you don't have an adaptable style and that you are a very niche act. That isn't a bad thing as most artists tend to release into a certain genre; however for the purposes of this competition it isn't a good thing. I found the song and vocal to be quite dreary at times and the song just didn't really go anywhere for me. Again I can only repeat what I've said on other performances now I hope that the next performance you give shows a different side to you and we can see something different as its getting a bit same old for me. I think for the first time tonight I'm worried for you and I think you could be in trouble come the vote time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet, what I said to Drew is exactly the same for you, your mentor must have had a hard week choosing these, but he did well! I liked it, once again Janet put me in a trance, I just sit there and watch you and listen to the words and admire you, amazing! I would love for you to sing at my wedding when I am older and getting married!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet, when the rock theme was announced, I knew that I was going to have a very hard time finding a song that was right for you and this was a song I came across a few weeks ago so I held on to it and decided to use it as a risk for this week. Listening to you singing this choice has filled me with massive relief and I knew that I would be able to take you out of your comfort zone, you are a thrill to work with and I can't wait to give you a bigger challenge next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So mixed comments for Janet. Could she be in trouble? If you want to save her, vote for her when the lines open!!

Next up is another from the quirkies, and he`s lost something in the fire(I hate when that happens :mad:)...It`s Declan Sykes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYRqIAuY9IQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Declan Sykes

Declan, I am suprised at how far you have come in this competition. I loved that performance, and I can honestly say that it was one of the best performances of the whole series. I thought the vocals were on top form, and I can`t fault anything. The quirkies are definitely the strongest category I would say. Well done declan!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comments: Declan Sykes
    That's how you do rock week! I thought that was an amazing performance from you this evening and not only your best performance to date but the performance of the night so far. I think you've got such a great style and amazing tone to your voice and I think over the last 4 shows we have shown that you're not a one trick pony and can handle what this competition can throw at you. I said when I picked my category from the 40 plus acts left that I was torn between you and another act and I'm so glad I picked you to represent the Wild Cards and off course Team Quirky as you haven't disappointed or given a duff performance. Please everyone continue to support Declan in the competition he has so much more to give and has shown in the last month just why he should be here. Vote Declan!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck with the coronation street theme here haven't we! Sorry, I digress! Now Declan, I have not hidden the fact that in this whole competition you are not my favourite, but well done you for keeping in the game, and you are growing on me! You had me swaying along, very nice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Declan, I've been enjoying your performances and choices for a while now and each week, your mentor changes it up to keep you fresh and unique. Once again, you have come out and shown us all that you are incredibly versatile and dare I say that you are becoming a darkhorse right now. It's not one of your strongest performances, but I think we need to start taking notice of you in the weeks to come.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So...more great comments for Declan this time. Remember that you need to VOTE for your favourite when the lines open to keep them SAFE!

Up next, we go to the only other Over 25 in the competition who's taking us for a little ride... ;)
    It's MITCHELL CALLAWAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81006QHKJvM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mitchell Callaway

Mitchell, your mentor has really stepped it up for the overs tonight. You`ve listened to the judges criticism from the other judges about doing something a bit more upbeat. I really enjoyed that, and you`re the only bit of country we have left now, and I think your mentor really knows what he is doing with you. Your vocals were amazing, and I wish you all the best in the competition!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you are not being rude there Jack haha!

*stands up and is fist pumping etc* Mitchell I loved that! I am so proud of you! We kept with your country roots, threw in some rock and added a pinch of upbeat tunes, I loved it! Well done! VOTE MITCHELL!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comments: Mitchell Callaway
    You took a bit of a beating in the last live show, but you're still standing and you survived the vote. Your back this week with quite a bit to prove and show us why you deserve to still be in the competition. I think that was a good performance from you and certainly better than last week. You seemed to be stuck a bit in a rut in terms of slow country songs and its good that you've finally changed the tempo of your performance and we can see something a little different from you. Again similar to Stacy I don't think you've had a massive wow moment in the competition yet and It would good to see you have some more stand out songs. You seem to be on a level at the moment and I think in order to try and challenge some of the others you need to raise your game a little. Overall though a better job than last week so well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noonan15 wrote: »
    I hope you are not being rude there Jack haha!

Of course not :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitchell, I think we can agree that last week wasn't a great night for you and that you really needed to come back strong. Tonight, you have just delivered your best performance so far in the competition. There was a huge level of improvement shown and I will say, your mentor is doing so good with the category right now. Well done on a big comeback, Mitchell...only time will tell if that'll be enough to save you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So good comments overall for Mitchell. Please give some bad judges!! If you want to save Mitchell, vote for him when the lines open!!

Next up is the penultimate act of the evening. She has no more days to wait....It`s Christina Parie!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAGygCbK05c
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's comments: Christina Parie
    Oh Christina, when the song started I was thinking WTF is this all about, then thankfully the beat kicked in and you got into the song more. I don't think it was you're strongest performance and at times I found you were fighting through the music to get your voice heard. At other times parts of the song sounded a little shouty; however it was by no means the worst performance of the evening. I probably sound as though I have a vendetta against the girls... and I don't, I just don't think that overall the song picks for the girls showed them off in the best light possible. I think Christina you will be safe tonight and hopefully next week we will see a return to form from you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, I expected a avril lavigne song here so I am so happy your mentor went for Aloha from Hell, very well done! You are in a very strong category with Janet & Drew but you certainly keep up there and in no way shape or form do you fall behind the other two! Well done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina Parie

Christina, last week I didn`t like your performance, as it just wasn`t you. This week your mentor definitely brought it back for you. Your vocals were good, and I can see you had fun on the stage. Again, I have to say now I have no acts, you are my favourite, and that was one of the best of tonight. You shouldn`t be worried at all!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Stands up and pumps fist in the air*

Now that's how you rock on stage and then some ladies and gentleman. Last week, we had a disappointing night and I was so glad that you were given a second chance to fight back and right now, my rock chick...you are SO back in the race and listen to the reaction of the audience, they were going crazy in the house! You need to be back next week because I BELIEVE in you. I am so proud of you tonight.