Jeez just went to buy pizza from pizza hut - pricey!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PPhilster wrote: »
    Why would anyone think one burger you had in London is indicative of the general quality of burgers in London? As I said, your sampling would have to be significant so such a comment makes no sense based on what I have been saying.

Considering the unlikeliness in general, and your initial and continued defensiveness, it is also hard for me to believe you have "quite a lot" of experience traveling through Italy and New York eating pizza. Sorry.

Keep an open mind my friend. There is a nice Italian individual in here who wasn't offended by my comments about pizza in Italy but for some odd reason you seemed offended from the get go. In the end it's just food. ;)

I think it's your patronising tone that's more irritating than anything you have to say about pizza or food in general. And why would Walter give a flying f*ck whether you believe what he's said or not? It's just a forum:confused:
  • PPhilsterPPhilster Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    I think it's your patronising tone that's more irritating than anything you have to say about pizza or food in general. And why would Walter give a flying f*ck whether you believe what he's said or not? It's just a forum:confused:

Or, some people simply like to look for bogus excuses to be rude, as you are doing now. Not agreeing with someone is no reason to be rude.

It's also quite obvious Walter can speak for himself so please try not to stir up trouble. Your kind of remarks are not contributing anything to the discussion.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Or, some people simply like to look for bogus excuses to be rude, as you are doing now. Not agreeing with someone is no reason to be rude.

It's also quite obvious Walter can speak for himself so please try not to stir up trouble. Your kind of remarks are not contributing anything to the discussion.

Yes I can speak for myself, just some people aren't worth bothering with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I can speak for myself, just some people aren't worth bothering with.

And you just contradicted yourself.

Why so rude over food??:confused:
    Forum Member
    And you just contradicted yourself.

Why so rude over food??:confused:

Because you have come on claiming unequivocally that pizza is better in NY than Italy, when (1) you can't ever possibly know that and (2) You aren't the worlds pizza expert.

So perhaps try and get a better attitude before you post on here again.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe their prices - for a simple large pizza they want £12 for it! Even with the voucher codes etc. Ordering pizza online is a costly task!
    A premium fresh huge pizza from Waitrose costs me £4.99 - I think it's time to go out shopping!

I agree, although don't forget their overheads are higher. I did order one (Pizza Hut) about 3 or 4 months ago and it was terrible. The main problem was that it was very dry. So dry I phoned them up to complain. I mean the tomato sauce must have been like a 10p sized dollop smeared across the whole thing. The lack of moisture caused the onions etc. to burn. Not a pleasant experience. Anyway, they offered me another 2 pizzas with ice cream to say sorry.

I used to always order a Papa Johns every Saturday and loved 'em. Can't afford to do it anymore..:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can speak on behalf of whomever I like, but thanks for the advice:D

As for the rest of your post, perhaps you should revise the tone of your musings, then you would receive a more favourable response.
    Forum Member

As for the rest of your post, perhaps you should revise the tone of your musings, then you would receive a more favourable response.

Don't worry about them, they seem to know everything about everything, confuse their opinion with facts and ignore any evidence that they might be wrong.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried a small Pizza Express Sloppy Guiseppe when they were half price (£2) and it was quite nice but no way i would pay £4. Ive just bought a M&S Vegetable Feast for tonight and it looks like it is going to be jolly good.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I only buy PH/Dominos because I like the dips
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I only buy PH/Dominos because I like the dips
    That's a lot to pay for a dip. Don't your local pizza shops offer similar sauces/dips?

I don't say this often but have you tried making your own?
    I can knock up a lovely garlic sauce that is as good or better than the local takeaways (note that this is garlic sauce and not garlic mayo, but you could make that even easier).
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Oh for goodness sake. I wondered how long it would take. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Well I was going to add a disclaimer becuase I though that reply would come but then decided not to bother because it was bound to come because this forum has been overrun with a pack of daft ***** recently.
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would not taste the same. You KNOW it would not taste the same. Lets not pretend otherwise.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about them, they seem to know everything about everything, confuse their opinion with facts and ignore any evidence that they might be wrong.

Since you are referring to me as "them," that now explains the negative attitude you have had toward me from the get go. And all this time I thought you were simply passionate about food, and pizza in particular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's nothing wrong with my "tone," It is the opposite of yours and I don't use :rolleyes::rolleyes: to talk to people.

Do you have anything to share on the topic or are you simply looking to stir up trouble?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because you have come on claiming unequivocally that pizza is better in NY than Italy, when (1) you can't ever possibly know that and (2) You aren't the worlds pizza expert.

I have only been sharing *my opinion* on where I think the best pizza is made. I suggest you be more tolerant of other people's opinions.
    So perhaps try and get a better attitude before you post on here again.:)

I'm not the one constantly posting this garbage > :rolleyes: just because someone thinks a certain food is better in a particular place. A person here from Italy, no less, respectfully and graciously asked for my opinion and likewise listened to it. Why is that so difficult for you to do? It's not like you have to agree with me, but you can disagree with me respectfully.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I was going to add a disclaimer becuase I though that reply would come but then decided not to bother because it was bound to come because this forum has been overrun with a pack of daft ***** recently.

I hear you degsy....
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is hilarious. It's cheaper to make your own arguments and insults at home you know.:D
    Forum Member
    It would not taste the same. You KNOW it would not taste the same. Lets not pretend otherwise.

How do you know? We're hardly trying to recreate a 3 star Michelin dish are we?
  • CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. It's cheaper to make your own arguments and insults at home you know.:D

Brilliant! :D:D
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Oetker pizzas are FAR better. £1.29 at Morrisons (Or 29p if you use the coupons).
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    My favourite shop-bought pizzas are the Chicago Town Takeaway range, especially the stuffed crust ones - though I really do wish they'd bring out a cheese stuffed crust rather than the sauce ones they have currently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite shop-bought pizzas are the Chicago Town Takeaway range, especially the stuffed crust ones - though I really do wish they'd bring out a cheese stuffed crust rather than the sauce ones they have currently.

I had one of them the other night, delicious and only £3 from Farmfoods. :D