Best handset on 3? INQ?

2»

Comments

• frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    Apart from it been the most buggy phone , its fantastic , you go for it.

I then look forward to your new threads asking for help on returning it . :)

Ok I will now request the thread to be closed.

Hope everyone's happy now.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frailfury wrote: »
    Ok I will now request the thread to be closed.

Hope everyone's happy now.

Ok then just for the N 6500 phone on Three , are YOU happy now ?

People have given advice yet you still seem to ignore it and switch to another phone and repeat the same question

You possibly don't need a phone , but just want one

If you are desperate go down the Three shop and buy the cheapest PAYG phone , slip in your sim .

The draw back it will be a SE phone
    Forum Member
    Ok then just for the N 6500 phone on Three , are YOU happy now ?

People have given advice yet you still seem to ignore it and switch to another phone and repeat the same question

Because every phone I suggest, people don't think it's any good!

Why is the 6500 buggy?

What about the Sony w890i then? - signal?
  • daddycooldaddycool Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my thread about 3 retentions you said that none of the phones i was offered, one of which was the 6500, interested you. What's changed your mind?
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daddycool wrote: »
    ...What's changed your mind?
    The weather :p teehee!
    Forum Member
    I rang them. Really pushy bloke on the phone. I wanted the 6500, he kept offering me the W595 as a free handset instead. I don't like it. But for 25mins he wouldn't stop going on and on and on. In the end he was saying that the 6500 is a crap phone, so I asked why they sold it, and he replied with that some customers don't know what they are doing so we let them have that phone if they want.

I give up! Think I'm gonna stick with my current handset, then go back on PAYG in April when my contract ends!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's odd, it was the other way round with me. I wanted the w595 not the 6500 and he wouldn't give it to me. How abouts you get the w595, I get the 6500 and then we swap?!
    Forum Member
    That's odd, it was the other way round with me. I wanted the w595 not the 6500 and he wouldn't give it to me. How abouts you get the w595, I get the 6500 and then we swap?!

lol I am bein offered the w595 on the £15 texter plan mate, not your £10 retension plan. I have 3 mths left of my contract. I am at the upgrade stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe so, but the plan they offered me was better than what you're getting. ;)
    Forum Member
    Maybe so, but the plan they offered me was better than what you're getting. ;)

The w595 looks ok, but isn't it old? And basic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It came out last year, as for being basic:

In a nutshell: An attractive slide phone with the outstandingly good Walkman 3.0 music player, the W595 also has an FM radio, a 3.2 megapixel camera, 2GB memory card, Bluetooth, 3G with HSDPA, and not forgetting the cool "shake control". Available in Blue, Black, White or Grey.
    Forum Member
    It came out last year, as for being basic:

In a nutshell: An attractive slide phone with the outstandingly good Walkman 3.0 music player, the W595 also has an FM radio, a 3.2 megapixel camera, 2GB memory card, Bluetooth, 3G with HSDPA, and not forgetting the cool "shake control". Available in Blue, Black, White or Grey.

No front camera for video calling and no flash. Not really future proof.

Any idea when 3 update their prices online or offers? Is there a set time? Reason I am so concerned is because I will have this handset for at least 18 mths before I can upgrade again! I only want the £15 texter plan.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The w595 looks pretty cool!
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote: »
    The w595 looks pretty cool!

It does but again, no video calling and no flash on the camera which isn't great.

I was thinking £15 texter because I was also going to add internet for an extra fiver, however I guess I could live without internet.

Theres no handsets with wifi for £20 a mth or under though. I could make do with wifi as I'd then get online with it at home.

Can someone please advise what handsets they would go for if they had to for £20 or less a mth?! Opinions help me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seriously, get the w595 and ill get the 6500. we can sort out a swap. where you from?
    Forum Member
    seriously, get the w595 and ill get the 6500. we can sort out a swap. where you from?

lol it's ok. I'm fed up of thinking about it all so I am just gonna leave it for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    word of warning, DO NOT GET THE INQ1 its RUBBISH!!! I joined three a month ago now, and got this phone, within 15 days it would start crashing constantly rebooting for no reason!! Three replaced it and the second I switched on the new phone it was doing exactly the same! Its completely unusable!!

i am now in a row with three to take their crappy phone back and give me ANY replacement!! lol, in the mean time I had a spare SE W910i which I unlocked and now use on three, and this is an amazing phone, not had 1 problem with it.
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best phone I have used on 3 has been a Chineese Amoi branded as the 3 Skypephone.

I've had Motorolas, NECs, Nokias, LGs and others on 3 and they all perform poorly compared with similar handsets on other networks. Something to do with the roaming/handover issues I suspect, far too many dropped/failed calls.

The INQ looks interesting but its just another flash in the pan like the Skypephone. It'll get 3 some publicity but it probably wont compete with the types of handsets that youngsters seem to be carrying around these days.

3 look to be clutching at straws and with prices now quite low on all the networks I doubt if they will survive until 2010.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member

Can someone please advise what handsets they would go for if they had to for £20 or less a mth?! Opinions help me.

Nokia E71 :D
    Forum Member
    Nokia E71 :D

It's not less than £20 a mth unless u buy the handset for £150!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    It looks as though you've decided against the INQ but I'll throw in my view anyway:

I wanted to end my contract early with 3 because they bollocksed me about (long story, just lots of calls to them and a cancelled SIM!) but they were having none of it. Eventually they offered me the INQ1 on £15 Texter as a retention deal, which I accepted. Can't remember the details, but it seemed all right, and I had to buy the Internet Max add-on on top of it - £20 in total.

Was looking about online the next day and found £20 Texter - unlimited texts, 200 minutes AND FREE INTERNET. So I called them up, gave them the whole spiel "why wasn't I offered that" - eventually ended up getting put on £20 Texter plus a recurring monthly deduction of £5, bringing the cost down to £15.

When it comes down to it though, if they haven't done anything wrong in their eyes (and they had in my case) a retention deal isn't usually too forthcoming. It's always worth it though.

There's better phones out there though, probably on similar deals.
    Forum Member
    It's not less than £20 a mth unless u buy the handset for £150!

I'm on £20 a month and didn't pay a penny for the handset.
    Forum Member
    I'm on £20 a month and didn't pay a penny for the handset.

Ok, how? As that's not offered on their site. U get internet with that? What package?
    Forum Member
    Ok, how? As that's not offered on their site. U get internet with that? What package?

Read this thread:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=932928
    Forum Member

Was this at the upgrade stage mate?