The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Thanks for the sympathy everyone :)

Apparently I kept the whole house awake last night with my coughing (okay, that's an exaggeration on their behalf, I'm sure :rolleyes:)

Have been watching a bit of Ascot. Saw all three of James Doyle's wins - what a nice young man ;) And saw Laura Robson losing it at Eastbourne. If only she were more consistent......

Think I'd better get dressed now before hubby gets home, and at least try to look human :o:D Wonder whether he won anything? :p

Just take it easy Lindy - don't need to rush getting out of bed. I agree with you about Laura - for some reason she doesn't seem to have the killer instinct. She is capable of winning but doesn't.

I always try to watch the royal procession at Ascot and love all the outfits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone hope things are going well. I have had visitors for a few days so have'nt been posting. It's a lovely day today ,so calm and sunny but not so humid I think we have rain forecast for Sunday.
    I see John has sent a birthday twitter message for you Nyannie, what a very lucky lady you are to be sure. Do you think John reads this thread to know it was your birthday or would he know from some other source.Its a lovely thing for him to do.
    I know a lot of people mess about on twitter and not everything is real but from what little I know I think this is genuine I hope so anyway.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone hope things are going well. I have had visitors for a few days so have'nt been posting. It's a lovely day today ,so calm and sunny but not so humid I think we have rain forecast for Sunday.
    I see John has sent a birthday twitter message for you Nyannie, what a very lucky lady you are to be sure. Do you think John reads this thread to know it was your birthday or would he know from some other source.Its a lovely thing for him to do.
    I know a lot of people mess about on twitter and not everything is real but from what little I know I think this is genuine I hope so anyway.

that message was for nannie jean, who isn't the same as our ny annie...:D

But it was a sweet message from him to someone who has supported him for a long time.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon....almost evening all.

Well the car has arrived, the old car has gone to the scrapyard, and I am almost straight again...

why do these things all take so long to organise? I decided to keep the mats from my last car as a momento and reminder of it....

now for a bit of a relax....
    Forum Member
    Nyannie have you seen your birthday message from John on twitter.

Hope you are feeling better today Lindy

Hope you are enjoying the new car Augusta

Hope the south coast is giving you another lovely day Lena and that everyone else is happy.
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    that message was for nannie jean, who isn't the same as our ny annie...:D

But it was a sweet message from him to someone who has supported him for a long time.

I am so sorry about my mistake made about the message from John to Nannie, trust me to put my big foot in it .I can only say a big sorry to you Nyannie for being such an idiot and go and cower in my corner.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    I am so sorry about my mistake made about the message from John to Nannie, trust me to put my big foot in it .I can only say a big sorry to you Nyannie for being such an idiot and go and cower in my corner.

Hi Diane :)

I am much better today, thanks :)

And I'm sure that no cowering is necessary re 'nyannie / nanny jean' ;) It's an easy mistake to make, especially in your evident enthusiasm. Nyannie will answer for herself but I imagine she will be amused more than anything! :D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi diane, hope you're well. :)

What a difference a day makes!
    Woke this morning to a thick sea mist that's completely enveloped the Downs and coastline for most of the day. The Downs are just appearing now.

My socks are back on. :D

You might well find a little refugee on your doorstep if you have sun. :o:D
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    Yes the car has arrived........I ll take it out properly later....

it is a lovely car, but only a car, why do some people, usually male, get so het up over these things??

It been such strange weather the past few days, it rained this morning and was cold and overcast, now its really hot....

most peculiar...:D

Congrats on the car
    how exciting
    have you named it yet :o
    what colour did you go for :D

Good Morning JJat
    just reading through now

lindy hope you feel better, nasty things colds, always make you feel so down and tired :(

and nyannie hope you are alright, how are the feet, are the
    injections helping at all

me.... i,m going to have a restful day today
    haven,t stopped all week
    most of its been spent on the phone
    trying to sort out my son's college funding
    they've gone and changed everything again
    for adult disability :mad:
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    You must be talking about my son rofl.

He recently traded in his car (only two years old) that he waited 6 months for while it was built to order!!
    Unfortunately his partner was terrified of its semi automatic sequencial gearbox (paddles behind the steering wheel and no clutch) and she wouldn't drive it.

After much deliberation, test driving and endless comparisons he now has one of these ...... http://www.topgear.com/uk/honda/civic/gallery?imageNo=0#tab-box

Lovely car but boy is it low! :o:D

He's a proper petrolhead, I don't know where he gets it from. ;):D

and my husband and son

hubby is waiting for his new sports car, the happy arrival is in September. i will not be driving it
    and son is looking at the Audi A1 5 door,

i like automatics , big cars, estates , that can take a knock or two, after all i,m not known for my great driving skills :o:D

and lena, i think perhaps
    you're a bit of a petrol head to :D
    Forum Member

Hope you had fun with your visitors
    with the weather we seem to take one step forward
    and then quite a few back
    really don,t like this muggy, sticky weather

yes it was a very nice message from john
    the lady it was for, is on twitter, but a easy mistake to make

are you on twitter Diane
    it can be unpleasant, but if you are careful about who you follow, block when needed or lock the account, it can be fun :D
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Just take it easy Lindy - don't need to rush getting out of bed. I agree with you about Laura - for some reason she doesn't seem to have the killer instinct. She is capable of winning but doesn't.

I always try to watch the royal procession at Ascot and love all the outfits.

My Husband
    said it was great yesterday, when the Queens horse
    won, one almighty cheer went up, she looked so pleased :D
    he is there all week, which is why i've been running about so much.

but i will get my revenge just wait for Wimbledon ;)
    then he can watch me, do my vanishing act :D
    Forum Member

Oh Diane, I'm not on twitter but really appreciate the fact that John took the time to send me a birthday greeting. Lovely man.
    Forum Member

Don't worry - haven't read all of the thread. It was a lovely thing to do for one of his long-time supporters.
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Wow georgy, you sound really really busy = trying to sort out bureaucracy is absolutely no fun at all.

Feet still bad and sadly, injection hasn't taken so every step I take is really painful but there we are, can't let it ruin my life.

The car sounds wonderful augusta. I'm so jealous - everyone getting new vehicles. Hope they enjoy them. Need to sort out the dry cleaning too - such an exciting time. . .
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all.

Wow georgy, you sound really really busy = trying to sort out bureaucracy is absolutely no fun at all.

Feet still bad and sadly, injection hasn't taken so every step I take is really painful but there we are, can't let it ruin my life.

The car sounds wonderful augusta. I'm so jealous - everyone getting new vehicles. Hope they enjoy them. Need to sort out the dry cleaning too - such an exciting time. . .

its like banging your head against a brick wall
    all i want is for them to fund his college course
    they can keep the rest of the benefits, but to get the college funded
    you need to claim this and that first, doesn't make sense, i,m trying to save them money here
    and now to top it of, they need a adult statement of special needs , another waste, he has been in the system since he was six, and nothing has changed really. :mad: well rant over :o

sorry to hear, the injections aren't working, what is the next step, can you have surgery and if so, what are the chances of success, would it make you pain free

good luck with the dry cleaning, took a few items the other day........ and thought how much :eek:
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all :)

Some lovely posts recently :)

I was so sorry to have missed Ascot this year, but maybe next time.....I'm sure it must have been a really magic moment when the Queen's horse won. And on Lady's Day too, when Jane Cecil's horse won as well, and that of another female trainer (sorry can't remember name). The Queen is held in such high regard, isn't she?

Cars......each to their own, though your family cars sound pretty splendid, georgy! I admit I tend to get attached to cars, and drive them till they're not worth repairing. My current 11 year old Micra (which I've had since it was new) fits me like a glove. Okay it's full of dents, and the radio doesn't work, but....she's mine and I love her! ;) You know the old thing about dogs being like their owners...do you think cars are a bit like that?

Sorry to hear your foot's still so painful nyannie. I echo georgy's queries about 'next steps' (sorry about the awful pun :o ) Hope the medics can sort something out for you soon :)

And georgy, you just keep battling the system....ultimately it's people like you who eventually improve it. That said, please don't wear yourself out in the process. How's that for having your cake and eating it? ;)

Shall we have a Wimbledon party next week? I think quite a few of us are looking forward to the tennis :)

Oh and by the way I am only here because I cancelled lunch with friends ....still not quite up to it :( My day now goes something like 3pm telephone meeting, 6pm grocery delivery, 7.30 pick daughter up from station, 8.30 dinner, 10.30 collapse in front of the kindle. :D

Have a good day all :)
    Forum Member
    2.30 take yet more pills for a grinding headache.....just can't seem to shake it.....even with going back to bed :(

Roll on Wimbledon......:)
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    2.30 take yet more pills for a grinding headache.....just can't seem to shake it.....even with going back to bed :(

Roll on Wimbledon......:)

Hi Lindy love Wimbledon. Hi everyone on my favourite thread.

Lovely to see John tweet nannyjean for her birthday. Sometimes i see a tweet from him and think hes a good boy and that was one of them.

Just finished work for the weekend so off to chill. Anyone watching BB? I am looking forward to the eviction. x
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »
    Hi Lindy love Wimbledon. Hi everyone on my favourite thread.

Lovely to see John tweet nannyjean for her birthday. Sometimes i see a tweet from him and think hes a good boy and that was one of them.

Just finished work for the weekend so off to chill. Anyone watching BB? I am looking forward to the eviction. x

Hi ellemay, good to see you :)

No, I'm not watching BB I'm afraid. I think it would tend to get me a bit frustrated these days. Think I've changed, as much as it has ;) Is that a good thing or not, I wonder.......:p :cool:

Hope you have a really chilled weekend x
    Forum Member
    Good to see you ellemay.

Like the idea of a thread party for Wimbledon. My support is stiill with Federer - he really has a tough draw.

I would like to make strawberry shortcake for the party - shall we have it on Monday? I also have a couple of bottles of fizz somewhere so perhaps others could make more food.

Don't know what the next step is? Possible surgery on left foot but have no idea what they can do for my right foot.

O/H taking pity on me so we are going out for a curry tonight. Craft fair tomorrow - will have to find some time for some drawing.

Have a lovely evening everyone - want to see Secret Houses when we get back.
    Forum Member
    I do a fine line in salmon and cucumber sandwiches ;) Your choice of white or wholemeal bread :cool:

I can't make Monday afternoon though - working then going to see Gloriana (the opera) live at the cinema. How does Tuesday afternoon suit everyone?

Lindy x
    Forum Member
    its like banging your head against a brick wall
    all i want is for them to fund his college course
    they can keep the rest of the benefits, but to get the college funded
    you need to claim this and that first, doesn't make sense, i,m trying to save them money here
    and now to top it of, they need a adult statement of special needs , another waste, he has been in the system since he was six, and nothing has changed really. :mad: well rant over :o

sorry to hear, the injections aren't working, what is the next step, can you have surgery and if so, what are the chances of success, would it make you pain free

good luck with the dry cleaning, took a few items the other day........ and thought how much :eek:
    That sounds so frustrating. As you say you are trying to save money so surely they should be able to sort it all out sensibly. These things can take up so much time.....

Just back from London collecting daughter no 2s possessions, car was lovely, but it was a long drive thru slow traffic. Now I'm on kindle, while the rest are watching DVD downstairs. I don't do scary films.......so I've pleaded exhaustion, which is true

Daughter no 1, has invited new boyfriend round as well, he seems ok, I hope......he is as nice as he seems.
    Forum Member
    I'm loving idea of Wimbledon thread party, let's organise it.......xx
    Forum Member
    and my husband and son

hubby is waiting for his new sports car, the happy arrival is in September. i will not be driving it
    and son is looking at the Audi A1 5 door,

i like automatics , big cars, estates , that can take a knock or two, after all i,m not known for my great driving skills :o:D

and lena, i think perhaps
    you're a bit of a petrol head to :D

I like small cars, that I don't feel worried about driving, but my biggest issue is parking.....small cars fit into multistory car parks....all of them, I find larger cars much harder...

When I was borrowing my O/H s car It was a nightmare to park.....:eek:

Anyway, my little ''uppity'' is now here, its dark blue..and very cute. I wasn't keen on it being called ''uppity'' but OH tends to be good at finding names for things, and now he has started calling it this...I don't think its worth trying to change it...

There seem to be quite a few people on here who are interested in cars, im impressed....sort of...and still somewhat bemused.....Cars are for getting from a to b...As long as they work, and can transport junk, like everything from my daughters uni room....what else is needed?