✭✭
(1) her boob job
(2) her skinny body
(3) she's famous for marrying a guy who's older than her dad
(4) she brings a young vibe to the house
(5) she's gorgeous looking
(6) her scintillating conversation
(7) she's savvy and well able to hold her own in that house
(8) she's been a good friend to Lauren since Day 1.

I'm just wondering why someone unknown in the UK has managed to gather a large fan base so quickly.

Charlotte is not a good role model for a 23 yr old but surely
Courtney is hardly a good role model either?

I'm just trying to figure out how she managed to avoid several evictions. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's because people have had prejudged her, and they have realized she's just a sweet young girl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just plain like her.

She makes me laugh and is really lovely. And a self-professed feminist! I think she's quite a fascinating young lady.
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's because people have had prejudged her, and they have realized she's just a sweet young girl.

I didn't know of her before she went on CBB.
    She is sweet and girly and she must be one of the American
    contestants that have lasted the longest on CBB.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to the filthy one, Courtney is a lady.
  • Options
    SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably a variety of reasons, her caring nature towards Lauren made people look at her again after writing her off as a self obsessed bimbo on initial viewing,and she hasn't done much wrong since whilst still being very much a part of it..she was also pretty much nailed on to be an outsider from the start too and people feel for that and root for an underdog.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like Coutney, shes inoffensive and she has dealt with some confrontations from Carol in the house. I think she has held her own and shown some maturity while doing so. She let herself down with the whole boiler suit situation but other than that she seems to have done her best to be friends with everyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you. I fully agree. Although I don't think girls as young as 19 should have cosmetic surgery, and certainly should see some of the world before marrying instead of getting hitched at 16.

But, you're right - she's a sweet young girl who appears to be genuine and not bitchy. She really is a breath of fresh air and an excellent HM.

I listed the list above to see if it was one thing in particular but I think its the whole package with Courtney.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    shes a cert to id say mario to were it not for his TOWIE fanbase
  • Options
    Tombo60Tombo60 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is funny when she is drunk and she has been an entertaining housemate.
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's sweet and I like her..
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I love everthing about her. I did pre judge her before coming into the house, but she is totatly different to what i expected and for the better. Lovely girl.:)
  • Options
    farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could make similar threads about pretty much any of the HMs. I don't vote for someone based on what kind of role model they could be.
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I have found her very interesting and entertaining. She hasnt bitched about anyone and her friendship with lauren is amazing. Ive voted twice I hope people save Courtney over aweful people like Louis and Mario.
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tom_ogrady wrote: »
    (1) her boob job
    (2) her skinny body
    (3) she's famous for marrying a guy who's older than her dad
    (4) she brings a young vibe to the house
    (5) she's gorgeous looking
    (6) her scintillating conversation
    (7) she's savvy and well able to hold her own in that house
    (8) she's been a good friend to Lauren since Day 1.

I'm just wondering why someone unknown in the UK has managed to gather a large fan base so quickly.

Charlotte is not a good role model for a 23 yr old but surely
    Courtney is hardly a good role model either?

I'm just trying to figure out how she managed to avoid several evictions. Any ideas?

Personally I think Courtney is much more of a role model than Charlotte.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    She's a nice girl just really nice personally wise I don't think there has been very many HM who are as nice as her

I must admit I did prejudge her on Day 1 and thought she would be another annoying blond bimbo playing the I'm think card but I was very wrong
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7&8 mainly, and occasionally 6.
  • Options
    Innes_Morrison1Innes_Morrison1 Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    She is nice, supportive of others, interesting , an enigma, kooky, cool... Odd..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is nice, supportive of others, interesting , an enigma, kooky, cool... Odd..

She is odd yes, in a great way, particularly odd when drunk!

I think (9 should be because she snorts when she laughs :p
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has really surprised me. Didn't think there would be a lot to her but I find her fascinating and a good value for money HM, unlike most of them in there.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's a sweet young lady who really has proven herself to be deeper than the facade. I also love seeing her with Lauren and really hope their friendship survives the show :)
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know much about her when she entered the house and I thought 'oh no' when I saw her.

I was wrong, she is a sweet and caring girl, I really like her, I much prefer her as a housemate than the others.

She's shown genuine kindness to Lauren and that is nice to watch.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    This side of Courtney has never been seen in America. She's always been just a Barbie doll in staged "paparazzi" styled photo shoots. All she ever talked about when on tv is her marriage or talking about defending her marriage or defending her style. It's a shame for her that this show isn't shown in America. Her stock would have surely risen. Simple fact is this show won't do anything to the common perceptions about her. She's much prettier than I thought she was. It's been nice seeing her not glammed up in sexy poses.... Just being sexy naturally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She obviously has a lot of support on the net but is that enough to keep her in? I know poll votes don't mean actual votes, though she is ahead in them by so much. On paper she is certain to go it seems, after going behind even Vicky in the odds. However this is not a vote to evict (otherwise she'd be straight out the door!) it's in the hands of people who actually like her.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I voted for her, because she is a nice, sweet young woman, who brings a lot of fun to the house. She isn't the typical, bland model, with no personality and it is nice to see her show this on the show.:)
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for her, because she is a nice, sweet young woman, who brings a lot of fun to the house. She isn't the typical, bland model, with no personality and it is nice to see her show this on the show.:)
    Ditto--much prefer her to, say Hazel, for 'model/role model' too